Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge Attractions Planning

This may have been asked, so please forgive me. On the boarding group page it now has an announcement of groups past 106 only being called once everyone in the initially planned groups have been called. Has that always been there?

Yes, they should be. I still can't find the one for Smuggler's Run as mentioned in this post: https://www.disboards.com/threads/smugglers-run-queue-this-morning.3782760/#post-61350262

None of the pinned threads address a specific attraction like Rise of the Resistance.
This is the attractions thread. Both attractions are covered in this thread. There is another thread specifically for Rise of the Resistance boarding groups. You are in the right spot for Smuggler's Run. I am not sure what else you are looking for.

This may have been asked, so please forgive me. On the boarding group page it now has an announcement of groups past 106 only being called once everyone in the initially planned groups have been called. Has that always been there?

That just happened...I can't remember at what point in the past couple days (this week has strung together into one super long day)

This is the attractions thread. Both attractions are covered in this thread. There is another thread specifically for Rise of the Resistance boarding groups. You are in the right spot for Smuggler's Run. I am not sure what else you are looking for.

I think my confusion came with the title of the Boarding Groups thread, RotR Planning & Daily Boarding Discussion so it appeared to me that it covers more than just the boarding groups and the forum is already designated for planning, Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge Info & Planning.

I think I'm clear now though. Thanks.

I think my confusion came with the title of the Boarding Groups thread, RotR Planning & Daily Boarding Discussion so it appeared to me that it covers more than just the boarding groups and the forum is already designated for planning, Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge Info & Planning.

I think I'm clear now though. Thanks.
Got it. RotR is such a unique animal. Smugglers Run hasn't needed much advance planning so thats why its just stayed here.

Have there been reports of young children being frightened of this ride? My friend has a 3yr old who is 41 inches, so he could ride. Any thoughts?

Have there been reports of young children being frightened of this ride? My friend has a 3yr old who is 41 inches, so he could ride. Any thoughts?

I'm sure for either ride, there are kids who can handle it and kids who can't. It's sort of a know your own kid thing. My daughter is about the same height, so the falcon is a definite (she's seen tooo many Galaxy's Edge commercials to not ride it) and ROTR is definitely going to be on the border, she'll probably get scared at times but also enjoy it?

Reactions: CJK
Without any spoilers, I think the scariest aspect could be the CMs during "interrogation." I have to say, they were fantastic! I had a younger girl in my group the first day I rode and the CM went very easy on people so they seem to gauge what is appropriate. The second day we were all adults and I wasn't compliant and was told so 🤣

Reactions: CJK
Roughly how long is the wait for each boarding group to actually get on the ride? Thank you!

What have q's been like for smugglers run an hr after opening? Have they been mental? Don't know what to do. We have an adr at 8am (Park due to open at 9) but now park is opened at 8am too. Do I keep adr (kids want it) and then go queue for SR or cancel it and try head in at park opening. Can't decide what's best 😩😩😩

Since 6am openings have started, the number of BG's we have gone through went down a lot. Too bad since our HS day is tomorrow.

What have q's been like for smugglers run an hr after opening? Have they been mental? Don't know what to do. We have an adr at 8am (Park due to open at 9) but now park is opened at 8am too. Do I keep adr (kids want it) and then go queue for SR or cancel it and try head in at park opening. Can't decide what's best 😩😩😩

The attraction seems to open up with a 60 minute wait, and goes up to 2 hours or so. But, the line does move, and I’ve seen it wrap around back past the cantina. For our visit, the line has been down to a half hour or so during the evening.

The attraction seems to open up with a 60 minute wait, and goes up to 2 hours or so. But, the line does move, and I’ve seen it wrap around back past the cantina. For our visit, the line has been down to a half hour or so during the evening.
Thanks for that about times. As we can't do evenings I think I'll try move my adr and aim to go there for rope drop and hopefully won't get called for our bg at same time. 😊

I've been starting my research on the new Star Wars rides, and even a a non-Star Wars fan, I am very excited. (DS and DH are big fans).

From what I've read, Smugger's Run is a simulator ride where you are driving the space craft thing, right? (Sorry, as a non-Disney fan, I can picture it but don't know what it's called). Similar to Star Tours but you are in your own car with a small group?

I can't really tell what Rise of the Resistance does or the kind of ride it is. It seems like there are different parts to it , with being in one ship and attack, being kicked off and going to another? Is it also a simulator ride? Or other? I heard there is a single "drop". How bad is the drop?

For both of them, are they rough? Any big gravitational forces or quick accelerations? I have eye issues and have to be careful on rides so want to get an idea of what they are like. As a comparison, Soarin is fine. I was on Star Tours once at Disneyland and that ride should be ok. I have done Pirates at Disneyland which has 3 small drops. I will not ride Tower or Terror or full roller coasters with big sudden changes in gravitational drops. I have also gone on Big Thunder Mountain Run and Indiana Jones at Disneyland (which I hear is the same as Dinosaur), but those are on the fence if ok or not. I have been on Radiator Springs at DCA, and not sure at the moment if I will do Test Track (similar, but I think Test Track is quicker).

Really hoping these rides are ok, but need to get an understanding of what they do. Thanks!

I've been starting my research on the new Star Wars rides, and even a a non-Star Wars fan, I am very excited. (DS and DH are big fans).

From what I've read, Smugger's Run is a simulator ride where you are driving the space craft thing, right? (Sorry, as a non-Disney fan, I can picture it but don't know what it's called). Similar to Star Tours but you are in your own car with a small group?

I can't really tell what Rise of the Resistance does or the kind of ride it is. It seems like there are different parts to it , with being in one ship and attack, being kicked off and going to another? Is it also a simulator ride? Or other? I heard there is a single "drop". How bad is the drop?

For both of them, are they rough? Any big gravitational forces or quick accelerations? I have eye issues and have to be careful on rides so want to get an idea of what they are like. As a comparison, Soarin is fine. I was on Star Tours once at Disneyland and that ride should be ok. I have done Pirates at Disneyland which has 3 small drops. I will not ride Tower or Terror or full roller coasters with big sudden changes in gravitational drops. I have also gone on Big Thunder Mountain Run and Indiana Jones at Disneyland (which I hear is the same as Dinosaur), but those are on the fence if ok or not. I have been on Radiator Springs at DCA, and not sure at the moment if I will do Test Track (similar, but I think Test Track is quicker).

Really hoping these rides are ok, but need to get an understanding of what they do. Thanks!
You got the gist of both rides down, there are a couple of threads on RotR, one with spoilers and one without, if you want to further know about that one. The drop on RotR is very minimal, not like ToT at all, and no gravitational pull on either. If you can do ST you'll be ok in MFSR.
We are trying to keep this sub forum as condensed as possible which is why I merged your question with the main attraction thread. If you want more detail on RotR check out the spoiler or non spoiler thread
MFSR and RotR motion sickness thread https://www.disboards.com/threads/m...istance-please-compare.3782838/#post-61375923
RotR spoiler thread https://www.disboards.com/threads/rise-of-the-resistance-ride-discussion-spoilers.3781489/
RotR non spoiler thread https://www.disboards.com/threads/non-spoiler-rise-of-the-resistance-questions.3781538/

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter