ROFR Thread January - March 2017 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really hope I hear sometime this week. Not that it'll help, I'll still have to wait for estoppel and closing. But I'm thinking of popping down to Orlando in October and I wouldn't mind using some points. I'm afraid most of the good options will be booked up by the time I get access to any points :(

Not to be a Debbie Downer, but I have noticed a trend recently: if others are hearing back within say 10 days or so when they submitted at the same time as you, especially when it is the same resort, yours is probably being taken. Of course there are exceptions, but that's the general trend that I've noticed anyway. There are exceptions though, so hopefully, one of us is the exception!

Not to be a Debbie Downer, but I have noticed a trend recently: if others are hearing back within say 10 days or so when they submitted at the same time as you, especially when it is the same resort, yours is probably being taken. Of course there are exceptions, but that's the general trend that I've noticed anyway. There are exceptions though, so hopefully, one of us is the exception!
I agree, Im at day 10 ROFR today on a BCV contract. Figure if I dont hear by end of week it will be taken.

Yeah I'm fully expecting it at this point. But that's ok, I'm sure there will be another good one to come along.

After checking my email obsessively multiple times a day for the last several days, I just got an email that Disney waived ROFR on our contract! I had been scouring the resale websites looking for backup contracts and resigning myself to losing this contract. WHEEE!!

And yes, I *am* a crazy person because it was sent 3/14 and passed 3/23.
That's wonderful! Congratulations :)!!!

Yesterday I got the email:
Papihavana---$70-$8296-100-SSR-Apr-0/15, 0/16, 100/17, 100/18- sent 2/10 received 2/17 & taken 3/22.:rolleyes1:worship::crowded::scared::crazy::hyper2::guilty::(:crazy2::drinking:

In a way I am sad but relieved... Sad, because I really wanted those 100 points and relieved because I don't have to come up with monies and payment for closing on both at the same time. The good news is that I got them for the price I wanted regardless of not being able to use it right away. This year I can borrow 100 points and save 100 points for next and in 2019 I'll have 200 points to use!

Papihavana---$70-$8296-200-SSR-Dec- 0/16, 0/17, 200/18, 200/19- sent 2/26 passed 3/6:welcome::dancer:
So sorry, but it sounds like it was actually for the best!

I see some of you with 3/14 and 3/15 submit to ROFR have received notice of passing. I'm starting to think mine may not pass. Aulani subsidized submitted to rofr on 3/15/17. No word yet. I think my last contract took almost a month in ROFR and passed but looks like the process is quicker now for those who are passing.

I see some of you with 3/14 and 3/15 submit to ROFR have received notice of passing. I'm starting to think mine may not pass. Aulani subsidized submitted to rofr on 3/15/17. No word yet. I think my last contract took almost a month in ROFR and passed but looks like the process is quicker now for those who are passing.

I don't think they're taking back Aulani since they're actively selling it, but don't rely on me for this. Also, the timeline may be different because it isn't a WDW property. Hang in there. You'll know soon one way or another. :)

***So many typos when I respond on my phone!!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

facebook twitter