ROFR Thread January - March 2017 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jeffcg - $112 -$20384 -182 -BLT -APR 0/16, 130/17, 182/18. Sent 3/19 passed 3/31 1st time dvc owners.

Congrats, and welcome to DVC!

suncouch---$112-$18742-160-BLT-Feb-0/16, 42/17, 160/18- sent 3/17, passed 3/31

Heard back this afternoon! I have been watching the listings in the past two weeks as we've been waiting- Has anyone noticed that it seems that there are significantly fewer contracts for sale and at much higher prices than last month? I'm really relieved we don't have to start over with trying to find a new contract.

Good luck to all who are still waiting!

Congrats!

Well today was the day, at 12:30 we found out that Disney passed on this one, when the dust settles and this contract closes we will have 322 March UY Beach Club points, cant wait to start planning our late fall trip. Hopefully at BCV before the 7 month window opens.

Congrats!

Heard back this afternoon! I have been watching the listings in the past two weeks as we've been waiting- Has anyone noticed that it seems that there are significantly fewer contracts for sale and at much higher prices than last month? I'm really relieved we don't have to start over with trying to find a new contract.

Yes I have noticed because mine got taken and I am looking and there is much less out there!! ugh

Sigh. Feeling frustrated. I submitted on 3/17, and still nothing. I think this one is getting taken too. I decided not to post details about it until it was passed on or taken by ROFR so that I wouldn't jinx it. I think that I am done with bidding for a while. I need a mental break. I will post all the details when I get the final word that they are taking it. :( When others were hearing back last time when they submitted on the same date and after and I hadn't heard back, I knew. Same situation now. So frustrating. FYI, it took Disney 22 days to officially notify me last time that they were taking it. They really take their sweet time in letting us know that they're taking it which is probably the most annoying part. Just tell me so that I can move on. Grrr.

I just spoke with a contact at DVD. Apparently all contracts submitted after March 15th will be bought back until further notice.

Sorry folks. :confused3

I'll let you know when that gets lifted.

I just spoke with a contact at DVD. Apparently all contracts submitted after March 15th will be bought back until further notice.

Sorry folks. :confused3

I'll let you know when that gets lifted.

How does that make sense when we know that people who submitted on 3/16-3/19 have passed? Sounds strange to me.

We submitted on 3/15 and haven't heard anything. I think Disney just gave us a sign in the mail this morning. A mailed advertisement for the new Copper Creek Villas in my name, which was on the DVC filing but not on our Disney accounts, which should eliminate it being a coincidence. I think it angered the wife enough to no longer be interested. Quite the turn in events.

In other news, I have a cease and desist letter from DVD so I'll have to shut down the ROFR tool on tax day.

Ha

Littlelulu01---$80-$5109-50-AUL-Jun-0/15, 0/16, 50/17, 50/18-Subsidized dues- sent 3/15, passed 3/30

So excited! We passed today. 50 points will work well for us. We love Maui but hotels in Hawaii are getting so expensive. Figure husband and I can get 6 nights hotel every other year with those subsidized fees and then on off years we can still go to another island. Flights from west coast are much easier and less expensive for Hawaii vs WDW. Usually arrive late night and return on the red eye so will stay at airport hotel first night and then drive to Aluani early am. For years when we want to bring adult kids we can try for 7 months with our other points in A larger unit. Hopefully we will stick to this plan and not be hunting for a bigger contract anytime soon. I figured that with such minimal fees it's not a burden to pass on when we are done. Actually put this contract in just daughter and myself names to make it easier to pass on. She's young enough to hopefully get the full contract use out of it. And husband and I, in late 40's, will definitely benefit for couples trips for the next few years.
Subsidized is the best way to go, and Aulani is wonderful! Congrats :sunny:

Congratulations :flower1:!!!

Well today was the day, at 12:30 we found out that Disney passed on this one, when the dust settles and this contract closes we will have 322 March UY Beach Club points, cant wait to start planning our late fall trip. Hopefully at BCV before the 7 month window opens.
Congratulations!

That seems like a good place to end this thread, lol. I'll post the April-June one shortly! Please move all postings there. Thanks all :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter