ROFR Thread April to June 2023 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I heard on a podcast from a sales guide from DVCRM that they are selling $3 million of contracts a week. I don’t see anywhere near that on this thread. The prices we see here are outliers. Market price is probably much higher than prices we see on the ROFR thread.
That seems unlikely.
$3M/week at approx $125 pp, and 150 pp per contract (just rough ballparking) is 160 contracts a week. I don't know if that's really happening with DVCRM or not, but it does seem like a lot for just one brokerage agency.
Yeah, I find it highly unlikely that they are selling over 150 million worth of DVC per year.

Hey all, I’m not sure if this is the right place for this question, but do you think $130/pt for a 150 pt Riviera contract is a decent price? Not finding much resale data for riviera, and the seller accepted pretty fast so I’m kind of freaking out thinking I’m overpaying. This will be our first contract.
It seems to be a good price of late, and if extra points then definitely. We already have points there, but I have bid on several to try to get in low 120's with NO succsess.

YAAAAAAAAAAYY!! Sent 5/3 and passed today *5/26 WITH Estoppel!
$225 VGC contract. So elated! We check in at VGC tonight actually so will be celebrating all weekend at Disneyland :-). Hubby @JavaDuck will post with the correct scubacat numbers but I was too excited not to share!

View attachment 763304
Congrats!! You guys definitely bought it at the best time possible. That's a steal compared to what they are being listed now.

That's a great deal! Where did you find this one? I've been looking everyday for a great BWV deal.
Thanks! It’s the best I had seen in that point range - I‘ve been looking as well. It was listed on Fidelity at around 8pm on Sunday May 6th. i made a full price “offer” at 10pm. Broker texted me 30 mins later, and I followed up with her first thing Monday morning. She said she already had a few other inquiries. ROFR was sent the next day. Now if I could just find a deal on BCV…

Thanks! Keep checking back, I've added a DISname lookup page to search the data. Starting to build the pricing pages. Hopefully it can help everyone make better-informed offers and decisions when buying/selling.
There is way more cool data at Galactic Reversal’s website now— pricing trends for I think all of the properties over the past 2+ years?
@Galactic Reversal — how are you ranking the leaderboard, are you actually adding and subtracting value for banked/stripped points? 🧐

There is way more cool data at Galactic Reversal’s website now— pricing trends for I think all of the properties over the past 2+ years?
@Galactic Reversal — how are you ranking the leaderboard, are you actually adding and subtracting value for banked/stripped points? 🧐
Thanks, wow you're on top of things! I've been experimenting with different ways of normalizing prices to take into account banked/stripped points, seller-paid closing costs, and seller-paid dues. Currently the normalized price is one which equates the initial cost with the PV of "cash flows" generated by the points (Points * solved-for $/Pt) and annual dues. I assume 45 days to close, discount rate of 5%, closing costs of $750, banked points with less than 7 months to expiry are only worth 50% of their value, and less than 4 months are given no value. The value of banked points close to expiration is probably the most important assumptions in terms of rearranging the results and something I'm still working on. I have figures that get adjusted even further for use year and contract size which I may move to, but it needs more analysis. I think the next step is to provide more clarity on the website around how they are ranked. That will lend itself to a tool for people to evaluate their own offers against the historical sales. Also to caveat, I do suspect some of the data was not entered correctly as well (e.g., not including all costs in final price), but I haven't dug in too much yet.

Thanks, wow you're on top of things! I've been experimenting with different ways of normalizing prices to take into account banked/stripped points, seller-paid closing costs, and seller-paid dues. Currently the normalized price is one which equates the initial cost with the PV of "cash flows" generated by the points (Points * solved-for $/Pt) and annual dues. I assume 45 days to close, discount rate of 5%, closing costs of $750, banked points with less than 7 months to expiry are only worth 50% of their value, and less than 4 months are given no value. The value of banked points close to expiration is probably the most important assumptions in terms of rearranging the results and something I'm still working on. I have figures that get adjusted even further for use year and contract size which I may move to, but it needs more analysis. I think the next step is to provide more clarity on the website around how they are ranked. That will lend itself to a tool for people to evaluate their own offers against the historical sales. Also to caveat, I do suspect some of the data was not entered correctly as well (e.g., not including all costs in final price), but I haven't dug in too much yet.
Incredible! Sorry if I let the cat out of the bag before you were ready to debut it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter