ROFR Thread April to June 2023 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here we go. We currently own 150 VGF points direct, but wanted to have some SAP to use at Aulani and do split stay short notice WDW trips (I just returned from a mostly solo 12 day trip split between BLT, BCV, PVB, BWV…took only a backpack…booked less than 3 months out…absolutely loved it, and can’t wait to do something similar again next May). Also, to free up some of the direct points to use at VDH. We are west coasters so we want to go to all the places. 😃

WDWfantasy---$100-$16725-155-SSR-Feb-0/22, 75/23, 155/24, 155/25- sent 5/29

Last edited:
I thought I was done with this thread but a friend of mine was looking at getting a contract and it sucked me in. Now I am waiting to sign a purchase agreement on my next contract. Addonitis at these prices is a serious illness. This thread is like Hotel California.
Me too! I am in ROFR right now and should be hearing any day now and just put another offer in today. Send help!

Here we go. We currently own 150 VGF points direct, but wanted to have some SAP to use at Aulani and do split stay short notice WDW trips (I just returned from a mostly solo 12 day trip split between BLT, BCV, PVB, BWV…took only a backpack…booked less than 3 months out…absolutely loved it, and can’t wait to do something similar again next May). Also, to free up some of the direct points to use at VDH. We are west coasters so we want to go to all the places. 😃

WDWfantasy---$100-$16725-155-SSR-Feb-0/22, 75/23, 155/24, 155/25- sent 5/29

How...how big was this backpack?! Did you stay in studios or did you get a 1-bedroom to have the washer/dryer in your unit?

How...how big was this backpack?! Did you stay in studios or did you get a 1-bedroom to have the washer/dryer in your unit?

I bought the Open Story 35L backpack from Target (linked below). Highly recommend! I had a 1 bedroom at both BLT and BCV, as my daughter and son-in-law were with me for part of my stay before they left for the Disney Wish. I had studios at PVB and BWV. I packed 4 laundry pods and 4 dryer sheets and did one small load of laundry at each resort on my last evening while I was at the pool or enjoying the balcony.

I had bell services transfer only from BLT to BCV, as my kids were doing that as well. The rest of the time I would literally walk to Disney transportation and get on with my backpack. I got on the skyliner by BCV and went to HS where I boarded a bus to PVB. When I checked out of PVB I boarded a bus to HS and then took the walking path to BWV.

I’m a bit of a minimalist and always fly carry on only. I found this whole trip adventurous, spontaneous and freeing, if that makes any sense. I can’t wait to do it again! Maybe 2-3 resorts over 9-10 days next time.

https://www.target.com/p/35l-travel-19-25-34-backpack-gray-open-story-8482/-/A-86391380

Last edited:
...do split stay short notice WDW trips (I just returned from a mostly solo 12 day trip split between BLT, BCV, PVB, BWV…took only a backpack…booked less than 3 months out…absolutely loved it, and can’t wait to do something similar again next May). Also, to free up some of the direct points to use at VDH. We are west coasters so we want to go to all the places. 😃
I had a 1 bedroom at both BLT and BCV, as my daughter and son-in-law were with me for part of my stay before they left for the Disney Wish. I had studios at PVB and BWV. I packed 4 laundry pods and 4 dryer sheets and did one small load of laundry at each resort on my last evening while I was at the pool or enjoying the balcony.

I had bell services transfer only from BLT to BCV, as my kids were doing that as well. The rest of the time I would literally walk to Disney transportation and get on with my backpack. I got on the skyliner by BCV and went to HS where I boarded a bus to PVB. When I checked out of PVB I boarded a bus to HS and then took the walking path to BWV.

I’m a bit of a minimalist and always fly carry on only. I found this whole trip adventurous, spontaneous and freeing, if that makes any sense. I can’t wait to do it again! Maybe 2-3 resorts over 9-10 days next time.
I'm so jealous... I'm trying to plan my first trip ever to WDW & would love to just roam & stay wherever any nice spot was open, but I'm struggling just to figure out where to stay on which night & which park to go to on which days, etc, etc. lol
I'm pretty easy, so I know it'll be fine, I just love the story of short notice at a bunch of cool spots for 10+ days. :)

I'm so jealous... I'm trying to plan my first trip ever to WDW & would love to just roam & stay wherever any nice spot was open, but I'm struggling just to figure out where to stay on which night & which park to go to on which days, etc, etc. lol
I'm pretty easy, so I know it'll be fine, I just love the story of short notice at a bunch of cool spots for 10+ days. :)
It does sound like a fun adventure but if I understand correctly, would make it quite difficult to score the most desirable AFRs, because it shortens your 60+ days to the length of each individual stay.

It does sound like a fun adventure but if I understand correctly, would make it quite difficult to score the most desirable AFRs, because it shortens your 60+ days to the length of each individual stay.
This might be an issue for some, but I’m not an ADR girl 🫣. I did have one for this trip, but I’m super spontaneous and like to make it up as I go along. I know that isn’t for everyone, but it’s how I roll.

I wouldn’t necessarily recommend this strategy for a first visit. I had a blast doing it though! I actually had 3 nights at BWV Garden View and 3 nights at BWV BV booked for when I checked out of BCV. I was sitting on my balcony at BLT drinking coffee one of the mornings, and I checked to see what was available. A Poly studio popped up for those first 3 nights so I modified my BWV Garden View reservation right then. I was so excited as I never had stayed at the Poly before. I loved it!

Thanks, wow you're on top of things! I've been experimenting with different ways of normalizing prices to take into account banked/stripped points, seller-paid closing costs, and seller-paid dues. Currently the normalized price is one which equates the initial cost with the PV of "cash flows" generated by the points (Points * solved-for $/Pt) and annual dues. I assume 45 days to close, discount rate of 5%, closing costs of $750, banked points with less than 7 months to expiry are only worth 50% of their value, and less than 4 months are given no value. The value of banked points close to expiration is probably the most important assumptions in terms of rearranging the results and something I'm still working on. I have figures that get adjusted even further for use year and contract size which I may move to, but it needs more analysis. I think the next step is to provide more clarity on the website around how they are ranked. That will lend itself to a tool for people to evaluate their own offers against the historical sales. Also to caveat, I do suspect some of the data was not entered correctly as well (e.g., not including all costs in final price), but I haven't dug in too much yet.
I was very excited to see my name on the leaderboard, and share it with DH to PROVE that I got a good deal! He doesn't follow any of this and is still skeptical about spending so much money on DVC, but your website was super helpful in getting him more excited (maybe not excited, but at least on board) about the deal I snagged. If there's one thing he loves in life, it's a good bargain. Thanks!!

What does a "Float" week mean in the resale world? Use year says December. Thanks.
Unless it’s a fixed week, that’s just normal Disney DVC points. In timeshare lingo, a float week means there’s no specific week you can use your points at.

I was very excited to see my name on the leaderboard, and share it with DH to PROVE that I got a good deal! He doesn't follow any of this and is still skeptical about spending so much money on DVC, but your website was super helpful in getting him more excited (maybe not excited, but at least on board) about the deal I snagged. If there's one thing he loves in life, it's a good bargain. Thanks!!
Lol awesome! New mission statement: "Convincing reluctant spouses since 2023!"

Lol awesome! New mission statement: "Convincing reluctant spouses since 2023!"
Was pleasantly surprised to be on the best deals of 2023 list. Am going to use it to show my DW that we didn't overpay too much since we accepted a higher offer than planned. Thanks for compiling all the information together, I hope you keep it going! 👍

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter