READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
It really depends but I think typically the earlier your BG, the shorter the wait. Last week I rode twice, once around 10am and once around 5pm. For the 10am ride there was zero wait - basically just walked through the queue and did the preshows. For the 5pm, we waited about 30 minutes prior to the preshows and some time between.
We were BG 3 today and 'experience by return time' was 10:10 am. As soon as the park opened, our BG was called but it was not before 9 am. It was at 9:10 am with an hour window.

Last edited:
Yes and
Yes
I got the same message when I practiced today (YAY!), but I was the only member of my party with the check box selected. On the actual day of our trip that I try, will it automatically select the other members of my party that have park passes for DHS? I know that I won't have time to select them all before all the boarding groups are filled, but I don't want them to miss out on riding it if I get a boarding group and they do not!

The challenge the OP is facing is that they are staying 2.5 hours away from Disney and not planning on leaving until they get a BG so there is a possibility that they will miss their return time if they get an early BG. I was suggesting they leave to get themselves closer to Disney when they attempt to get a BG at 7 AM so that they'll be able to arrive in time even if they are assigned an early BG.

I'm worried about this for my upcoming visit with friends as well, to an even more extreme degree. Originally, our flights were going to allow us to get to DHS on our arrival day prior to the 1pm time slot, but then Southwest changed our flights and we will miss the 1pm time. So our only hope is trying at 7am before our flights take off and hoping for a late number, but I know there's no way to control that and it's highly unlikely that even if we get a boarding group that it would be called back in the afternoon late enough for us to make it. I know it's a long shot, but my friends set up the schedule and that's going to be our only day in DHS (and I've already been on RotR and live locally, so I'll have more chances in the future, so I'm letting them do the schedule the way they want). Anyway, the only way we'll get to ride is if we're both lucky with claiming a group in the first place at 7 *and* get a CM to let us go on after our time slot (possibly several hours late). I don't have high hopes, but we'll try it just in case we get lucky.

Hi! So if two people try to get a BG at the same time, and one gets the BGs for both people first, what message does the person who “came in second” get? Does it say something like “oops your already in a boarding group?” or just an error or what?

I'm worried about this for my upcoming visit with friends as well, to an even more extreme degree. Originally, our flights were going to allow us to get to DHS on our arrival day prior to the 1pm time slot, but then Southwest changed our flights and we will miss the 1pm time. So our only hope is trying at 7am before our flights take off and hoping for a late number, but I know there's no way to control that and it's highly unlikely that even if we get a boarding group that it would be called back in the afternoon late enough for us to make it. I know it's a long shot, but my friends set up the schedule and that's going to be our only day in DHS (and I've already been on RotR and live locally, so I'll have more chances in the future, so I'm letting them do the schedule the way they want). Anyway, the only way we'll get to ride is if we're both lucky with claiming a group in the first place at 7 *and* get a CM to let us go on after our time slot (possibly several hours late). I don't have high hopes, but we'll try it just in case we get lucky.

Getting a BQ happens so quickly that if you delay a second to try and get a later BQ then you may end up empty handed. I think I solved my problem by working it in my head online here. We'll just drive a bit further our first night and stay at a hotel closer to DHS. We've done Lake City as our overnight stop for last 10 years. Just an old habit that was easy with Fastpass times. But for your issue, that's a tough one! Dealing with flights, flight delays, luggage (the worst delay of all) and timing it all to be on a tight schedule is hard enough, but toss in an early ROTR BQ, and early BQ call prior to park opening and it's nearly mission impossible. Maybe best bet will be to practice up on those pleading with CM skills. :crutches:

Getting a BQ happens so quickly that if you delay a second to try and get a later BQ then you may end up empty handed. I think I solved my problem by working it in my head online here. We'll just drive a bit further our first night and stay at a hotel closer to DHS. We've done Lake City as our overnight stop for last 10 years. Just an old habit that was easy with Fastpass times. But for your issue, that's a tough one! Dealing with flights, flight delays, luggage (the worst delay of all) and timing it all to be on a tight schedule is hard enough, but toss in an early ROTR BQ, and early BQ call prior to park opening and it's nearly mission impossible. Maybe best bet will be to practice up on those pleading with CM skills. :crutches:
I am reasonably certain that I’ve seen at least one report here, maybe more, that if you get an early BG and the window opens before official park opening time, you still have an hour from official open to get to RotR. Hopefully both of you will get a BG, but a late enough BG that you’re not so stressed!

Hi! So if two people try to get a BG at the same time, and one gets the BGs for both people first, what message does the person who “came in second” get? Does it say something like “oops your already in a boarding group?” or just an error or what?
You get a generic “something went wrong” message.

Just wanted to share the method we used for our BG 3 this week.....clicked join from the home page (AT pic) prior to 7. Pulled down to refresh (30 seconds out) but held it until 7 when it was released. Then finished the process by clicking join/ continue. without checking the party list.

We were called early and had to report by 940.

I really do appreciate all the information and help from this thread prior to the trip!

Just to clarify, when you say "pulled down to refresh (30 seconds out) but held it until 7 when it was released." are you saying you did this on the second screen "Join Virtual Queue" after tapping the Join button on the main app page?

If my husband, son, and I all want to try for BG on our own devices do they need their own MDE logins or can we all login using my info on our own devices? I normally just manage all the plans on my phone.

I got the same message when I practiced today (YAY!), but I was the only member of my party with the check box selected. On the actual day of our trip that I try, will it automatically select the other members of my party that have park passes for DHS? I know that I won't have time to select them all before all the boarding groups are filled, but I don't want them to miss out on riding it if I get a boarding group and they do not!
I was just coming to ask the same thing ;) I was worried I would have to waste time clicking select all and then deleting the ones w/o tickets. Every second counts!

I am becoming a convert to the "My Queues" method. For today's 1:00pm test, I decided to forget the AT-AT procedure and went to the My Queues page instead. Then I found out my mobile phone's clock was four seconds off the time as given at time.gov (!). So I tracked time.gov up to 12:59:50, then counted up to ten as I switched back to My Queues and hit join-join-join. The "Not So Fast" thing displayed so it must have worked. I'm going to give this method a try in 'real life' next month. :thumbsup2

Using time.gov worked great for us. I would have it up on a different device (laptop) with husband and I on our phones. I started to count down at 6:59:56 with a 3, 2, 1, GOOOOOOOO. The three times we used this method, both the husband and I got through with one of us getting 'an already in queue' error and the other getting the boarding groups. First day we got through at 1pm with a BG 172 (We got called around 6:45pm). The other two days we were BG 22 and 34. Both of those were called in the 10-11am range.

I am becoming a convert to the "My Queues" method. For today's 1:00pm test, I decided to forget the AT-AT procedure and went to the My Queues page instead. Then I found out my mobile phone's clock was four seconds off the time as given at time.gov (!). So I tracked time.gov up to 12:59:50, then counted up to ten as I switched back to My Queues and hit join-join-join. The "Not So Fast" thing displayed so it must have worked. I'm going to give this method a try in 'real life' next month. :thumbsup2

Don’t overthink this. It’s really simple.

6:59:59
AT-AT
Join + Join + Join

One device for time.gov. All other devices using the same MDE account. And, in my opinion, a very fast internet connection from your cellular carrier is superior to hotel wi-fi which may be slow and/or congested from others attempting the same boarding pass request at the same time. And if your phones are old, this is also a good reason to upgrade. Speed means everything when a whole day of your vacation hinges on 3-4 seconds.

Last edited:
Using time.gov worked great for us. I would have it up on a different device (laptop) with husband and I on our phones.

this is exactly what we did this morning and received boarding group 2. thanks for the tips everyone.

we had one android on disney wifi, one iphone no wifi and hit it right as time turned to 7am. both were logged onto the same disney account. android phone received the boarding pass and iphone said that it couldnt join because we had already joined. entire party of 12 was selected already so we just smashed join, join, done.

It says "ALready Joined this queue. The following guests have already joined a virtual queue experience and have been assigned to a boarding group. To continue, remove them from your party"

this is exactly what we did this morning and received boarding group 2. thanks for the tips everyone.

we had one android on disney wifi, one iphone no wifi and hit it right as time turned to 7am. both were logged onto the same disney account. android phone received the boarding pass and iphone said that it couldnt join because we had already joined. entire party of 12 was selected already so we just smashed join, join, done.
Don’t overthink this. It’s really simple.

6:59:59
AT-AT
Join + Join + Join

One device for time.gov. All other devices using the same MDE account. And, most important of all, a very fast internet connection from your cellular carrier, not wi-fi.

As displayed above, WiFi can be successful. Disney has many International guests who have no choice but to use WiFi and others who choose to use it, and both are successful in getting BGs. A cellular data carrier works for some but Disney WiFi works for many too.

I just don’t want those who must use WiFi feeling like they’re shut out before their trip ever start as this definitely is not the case. Both work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter