READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn’t get a bg today. I was batting 50/50 when I first got my phone, but now I have more failed attempts at 7am than successes. I’m not disappointed as we have gone on it 3 times in the past. And I’ll try again another day. But I wonder if those with phones that are 5G, are at an advantage? My dh soon needs a new phone.
neither of us had 5g phones and use visible cell service. I don't actually think we used wifi at all. I do think 1pm is much easier as you aren't battling the whole world.

Got up at 4am to give it a test run and didnt make it. When I got to my party screen only I was selected so I spent time selecting the others. I assume thats what caused me to not make it. How do I make it so everyone is selected or is it basically just luck?
Don't select the friends and family. On the day you have a park pass reservation, everyone else with a reservation as well will be preselected. So best practice is to pretend like they're already selected and move forward. Just hit join join join on the 3 screens as fast as possible.

I didn’t get a bg today. I was batting 50/50 when I first got my phone, but now I have more failed attempts at 7am than successes. I’m not disappointed as we have gone on it 3 times in the past. And I’ll try again another day. But I wonder if those with phones that are 5G, are at an advantage? My dh soon needs a new phone.
The 5G signal was barely usable for me (T-Mobile). Not even the LTE was reliable. 4G phones are just fine, if you are going to use your mobile data.

Don't select the friends and family. On the day you have a park pass reservation, everyone else with a reservation as well will be preselected. So best practice is to pretend like they're already selected and move forward. Just hit join join join on the 3 screens as fast as possible.
whew! Thanks!! Ill try again tomorrow at 4am

practiced today and looks like we would have gotten a BG based on the "do you have a park reservation" message - but I am using my home wifi which is super fast. I have been reading through the posts and a lot of folks mention AT&T and T-Mobile, but my whole family has Verizon. Does anyone have experience or success with using Verizon? thanks!

practiced today and looks like we would have gotten a BG based on the "do you have a park reservation" message - but I am using my home wifi which is super fast. I have been reading through the posts and a lot of folks mention AT&T and T-Mobile, but my whole family has Verizon. Does anyone have experience or success with using Verizon? thanks!
I have been practicing on and off for a few weeks with Verizon. I tend to disable wi-fi and have success more often than not. I have a iPhone X (going on 4 years old). I can't speak to how it would work in the parks though.
One thing that has tripped me up a few times is not being logged in to MDE. I go to join a group at 7am or 1pm and my phone tries to log me in with FaceID. I don't know why it happens but it would be a bummer to not be logged in on the day you were trying to actually get a pass. Just another thing to double check.

Will this mess up the second "join"?

Recently added friend also has reservations but is listed separately... Will I be scrambling to make sure he is selected on the second screen?

Will this mess up the second "join"?

Recently added friend also has reservations but is listed separately... Will I be scrambling to make sure he is selected on the second screen?

View attachment 568346
I wouldn't stop to check. If they're not added, either go to guest experience team at the blue umbrellas or someone mentioned earlier, they worked it out with the RotR cast members when they went to board.

If you stop and look to see if they're selected, you may miss out altogether.

regardless, you don't need it.

If you aren’t hitting Join-Join-Join between 6:59:59 and 7:00:04 you aren’t getting a BG. So having an accurate clock is a wee bit important.

If you got lucky through raw intuition that’s good for you but it’s not advice others should follow.

Sorry to hear. We had brand new iPhone 12’s but have not subscribed them to any 5G plans. The faster processors and upgraded antennas are a huge plus over our iPhone X’s and AT&T in Orlando was amazing, we were pulling down 150mbps over LTE which is faster than our cable modem back home.

Upgrading the phones would be a good idea. Not sure who your carrier is or what their max speeds in Orlando are.

Did anyone have trouble trying to get a boarding group today? Did it right at 7 and it told me “Is everyone in the park?” when my friend and I both have park reservations for today.

Did anyone have trouble trying to get a boarding group today? Did it right at 7 and it told me “Is everyone in the park?” when my friend and I both have park reservations for today.
Definitely something was out of the ordinary today. The boarding window wasnt full til 7:02.

I got the is everyone in park message too after setting an alarm and hitting button at 7. Tried several times but finally locked out after a few tries.

Today it seems boarding groups took a bit over 1min to fill up vs 5-6 seconds. I was able to go back and forth test booking 5 times before it finally closed up. Maybe spring break is over! I have a trip next in May so hoping it stays like this.

I got the is everyone in park message too after setting an alarm and hitting button at 7. Tried several times but finally locked out after a few tries.
That’s what happened to me and my friend. I took a screenshot of it. I wonder if the Guest Experience team can do anything about it. We definitely should’ve had a boarding group.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter