READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi there. New to all this and just learning. But I have to ask (and maybe this has been asked but I haven’t read all 900 posts yet)...why did Disney create a ride that requires reservations and all this work and planning? This seems like a lot. Forgive my ignorance.

Hi there. New to all this and just learning. But I have to ask (and maybe this has been asked but I haven’t read all 900 posts yet)...why did Disney create a ride that requires reservations and all this work and planning? This seems like a lot. Forgive my ignorance.
I'm guessing they didn't mean to have it like this. But with the high demand of the ride, low hourly throughput, and the unfortunately very buggy system, and now the pandemic, the system has become a necessary evil.

In the before times, it wasn't typically this difficult to get a boarding group if you were at the park when it opened and you knew what you were doing, but as time went on and details spread, it became more difficult, now with pandemic shortened hours, all that results in a very short amount of time to obtain the boarding pass.

We're all hopeful that this will improve someday, but we've embraced the system we've been given. It's great when you're successful at getting at least 1 boarding pass on your vacation, it prevents you from waiting in a likely very long line, but it's miserable for those unable to grab one.

BG 3 this morning!

Today is day 4 of our 4 day park visit and it was going to be our only shot at it. This trip was originally planned last year.

Thank you to all the contributors of this thread, including the moderator(s) of this thread, because there was no way I could have done it without the wealth of info that is provided here.

Notes about data connection:
I was able to do this using premium wifi of the hotel as I noticed that it had lower ping times (Fast.com) compared with the LTE connection (T-Mobile). I am staying at Embassy Suites Lake Buena Vista South. The LTE connection is also dismal at the hotel except when I get outside at the side parking lot.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210408-070959_Disney World.jpg
    Screenshot_20210408-070959_Disney World.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 62
  • Screenshot_20210407-205445_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210407-205445_Chrome.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 59
Last edited:
Upon returning for your boarding group, what is the typical wait time in line? I’m sure it varies but what is a Normal range? Our family has a DAS that we only use in certain situations and when lines are at a certain waiting length, so I’m trying to prepare for that. Is there even a way to use DAS if need be (prefer not to but just want all info for planning purpose).

RotR is an extremely popular ride (I have not had an opportunity to ride yet.)

Personally, I would prefer twice a day knowing within seconds if I will be able to ride or not rather than waiting in line for hours snd hours, hoping to be able to ride.

Since it was mentioned earlier about BG's being called early, I've noticed everyday this week that they've been calling low BG's about 30 minutes before official park opening time. We'll be 2.5 hrs from our hotel to DHS parking lot on our first day of our trip. That's putting us in the DHS lot at 9:30-10:00 am. We've done similar things in the past with Fastpass and have been lucky almost everytime with begging CMs to let us on the ride. I'm wondering how strict the CMs are being with 1 hour return time window after your BG is called and the park is technically not open for until 30 minutes after being called?

Since it was mentioned earlier about BG's being called early, I've noticed everyday this week that they've been calling low BG's about 30 minutes before official park opening time. We'll be 2.5 hrs from our hotel to DHS parking lot on our first day of our trip. That's putting us in the DHS lot at 9:30-10:00 am. We've done similar things in the past with Fastpass and have been lucky almost everytime with begging CMs to let us on the ride. I'm wondering how strict the CMs are being with 1 hour return time window after your BG is called and the park is technically not open for until 30 minutes after being called?
What is recommended is that you can ask when you arrive. If you have missed your BG return window, you may or may not be allowed to ride based on many factors.

Is it possible to get on the road before 7AM then just pull over and attempt to get a BG at 7AM? Might take some of the pressure off you if you get an early BG number.

Upon returning for your boarding group, what is the typical wait time in line? I’m sure it varies but what is a Normal range? Our family has a DAS that we only use in certain situations and when lines are at a certain waiting length, so I’m trying to prepare for that. Is there even a way to use DAS if need be (prefer not to but just want all info for planning purpose).
It really depends but I think typically the earlier your BG, the shorter the wait. Last week I rode twice, once around 10am and once around 5pm. For the 10am ride there was zero wait - basically just walked through the queue and did the preshows. For the 5pm, we waited about 30 minutes prior to the preshows and some time between.

I'll be with two teen girls. It's gonna be enough trouble just getting them up at 7 am to land a BG, but we'll roll with whatever happens :)

I'll be with two teen girls. It's gonna be enough trouble just getting them up at 7 am to land a BG, but we'll roll with whatever happens :)
Just to clarify, they don't need to be up at 7am unless they are helping you. I assume you know you can get the BG from anywhere as long as you have a park pass for the day.

It really depends but I think typically the earlier your BG, the shorter the wait. Last week I rode twice, once around 10am and once around 5pm. For the 10am ride there was zero wait - basically just walked through the queue and did the preshows. For the 5pm, we waited about 30 minutes prior to the preshows and some time between.

I thought you were only allowed to ride once a day. Is there a trick to doing it twice?

Just to clarify, they don't need to be up at 7am unless they are helping you. I assume you know you can get the BG from anywhere as long as you have a park pass for the day.
The challenge the OP is facing is that they are staying 2.5 hours away from Disney and not planning on leaving until they get a BG so there is a possibility that they will miss their return time if they get an early BG. I was suggesting they leave to get themselves closer to Disney when they attempt to get a BG at 7 AM so that they'll be able to arrive in time even if they are assigned an early BG.

I’ve only used and taught the method that starts at the AT-AT picture, clicking Join at 7:00 AM sharp, and have never paid attention to what color the button is. My family has been successful 8 times, either myself or a family member I taught.

I think I got it. I clicked Join at 6:59:59 and I got the remove person from party screen. That's good, right? And I want to double check. I have six people in my planning party, but only the people who have park reservations that day will show up?

I think I got it. I clicked Join at 6:59:59 and I got the remove person from party screen. That's good, right? And I want to double check. I have six people in my planning party, but only the people who have park reservations that day will show up?

Yes and
Yes

Will any issues arise if we use several phones logged into the same MDE account? Or would everyone need their own account?

The challenge the OP is facing is that they are staying 2.5 hours away from Disney and not planning on leaving until they get a BG so there is a possibility that they will miss their return time if they get an early BG. I was suggesting they leave to get themselves closer to Disney when they attempt to get a BG at 7 AM so that they'll be able to arrive in time even if they are assigned an early BG.

Yes, the first day of traveling is our main obstacle. We're coming in from Lake City, about 6 hours drive from our home base in New Orleans and about a 2.5 hour drive to DHS parking lot. Getting teens up early is a test in will power! We'll be lucky to be packed and on the road by 7:30 am. First day will likely be a bit testing on the nerves, but other 6 days of our trip will be Magical. We're staying for our 3rd time at Pop. We did DHS last year (Feb 2020) and rode ROTR 6 days out of 7, and one day was missed due to the ride breaking down, but we were comped next day Fastpass and DHS park pass. Of course pandemic hit a few weeks after our last trip. It's so exciting to be going back. Actually tossing around the idea now of driving a bit closer to DHS for our overnight hotel on the road portion, possibly change overnight to Ocala, which is about 1.25 hrs away from DHS..

Last edited:
The Boarding Groups (BG) are the next evolution of the FP system where you wait in a virtual queue vs standing in a long slow winding standby line.

It is just like the FP system where you get a 1 hr return time and you are free to enjoy the other features of the park.

How would you improve on the system? Many have tried but failed...

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter