I saw that reservations just opened for the week before Thanksgiving. So I tried to get a reservation but there is nothing available all day long the entire week. Are the reservations really all gone already!! Do they still do standby? Thanks!

Does anyone have any updates on the Batuuan spira situation? Apparently, they're still widely avail at DHS, but I'm hearing lots of second-hand accounts about how CMs at DLR are saying they're gone with no idea of when (if???) they'll be back.

I’d also be interested to know how long the lightsaber building experience at Savi is.
We did it on a Thursday 2 weeks ago (Sept 12th); we had reservations for 9:10. It actually started about 9:20 or :25, and we were done by 9:45, plenty of time for our Oga's reservation at 10:00.

I apologize if this the wrong thread for this query, but I wondered if anyone had advice for someone prone to motion sickness on Smuggler's Run. My family wants to do the ride together, and I can do Star Tours by closing my eyes if it gets too intense, but I don't think that's an option here! Would Engineer be best? What happens if I shirk my duties and just close my eyes? Thanks.
3 of the 6 in our family tend to get motion sickness; DH and my two younger DDs, 17 and 21, got nauseated on ST. However, they all did fine on Smuggler's Run. They were gunners and engineer, and were too busy pushing buttons to watch the screen very closely and feel sick. I didn't have any trouble in any position, but then I don't usually. I do often squinch my eyes on ST, though.

I have a few questions about coordinating a visit to Oga's before HS on a weekday (Wed, Oct 30). What time would we need to leave Oga's to avoid the after F! exodus and get in a good position to see HS. I also wonder about the best viewing area and the route to it from Oga's. And, how much time would you recommend we allot for our first visit to Oga's so I can figure what time to make a reservation.

I apologize if this the wrong thread for this query, but I wondered if anyone had advice for someone prone to motion sickness on Smuggler's Run. My family wants to do the ride together, and I can do Star Tours by closing my eyes if it gets too intense, but I don't think that's an option here! Would Engineer be best? What happens if I shirk my duties and just close my eyes? Thanks.
My DGF gets extreme motion on screen based rides and can manage Smuggler's Run by being an engineer and blocking the screen with her hat/hand. I wouldn't worry about informing the CM that you don't want your seat to be "activated" as skipping out on your duties as engineer won't have a major effect on those riding with you. They just end up with less "credits" at the end.

I have a few questions about coordinating a visit to Oga's before HS on a weekday (Wed, Oct 30). What time would we need to leave Oga's to avoid the after F! exodus and get in a good position to see HS. I also wonder about the best viewing area and the route to it from Oga's. And, how much time would you recommend we allot for our first visit to Oga's so I can figure what time to make a reservation.
DL has said that HS will show with projections only on weekdays -- fireworks will be shown (conditions permitting) on weekends. I don't know how this would affect your timing. Can you schedule Oga's for after HS? That way you can make sure to get a good spot on Main Street or at the Hub, enjoy the show, then work your way over to the Cantina.

I'm also prone to motion sickness and I can't ride Star Tours, but Smuggler's Run doesn't seem to bother me. I think it's because the screen is much smaller and it's not 3D. I would also say that being the Engineer or Gunner is probably a better option because you don't have to watch the main screen to fulfill your duties. Personally, I'd opt for Gunner because there are really only two buttons to press, so if you really needed to close your eyes, you could still press the main button and probably do pretty good.

So, is consensus still to bypass MFSR in the morning and leave it till afternoon once the early crowd is gone? Has that been affected any by Halloween party days?

DL has said that HS will show with projections only on weekdays -- fireworks will be shown (conditions permitting) on weekends. I don't know how this would affect your timing. Can you schedule Oga's for after HS? That way you can make sure to get a good spot on Main Street or at the Hub, enjoy the show, then work your way over to the Cantina.

Thank you for this idea--I hadn't thought going afterwards. I think I'd rather go before as DL closes at 10 that night and HS is at 9:30 so not much time. Does anyone have a recommended time for a reservation at Oga's to then make my way to the Hub by 9:10 or so?

Thank you for this idea--I hadn't thought going afterwards. I think I'd rather go before as DL closes at 10 that night and HS is at 9:30 so not much time. Does anyone have a recommended time for a reservation at Oga's to then make my way to the Hub by 9:10 or so?
I’d slot at least an hour for Oga’s - it usually takes me about 15-20 minutes to get in. You’re then supposed to have 45 minutes, although I was there recently where they placed me at the bar and it took 23 minutes for someone to take my order - the party next to me had already been there when I got in, so they waited even longer!

In terms of how long it takes you to get to the hub from there, that’s kind of dependent on you... I haven’t watched HS on a projection-only night, so I don’t know how crowded it gets.

It's hard to say whether crowds will pick up in October or not, but last week the crowds for Halloween Screams without fireworks were pretty low (on a Thursday). We wandered out onto Main Street about 10 minutes before the show started and there was plenty of space still available.

Personally, I would probably aim for an Oga's Cantina reservation somewhere around 90 minutes before HS. The time limit inside the Cantina is about 45 minutes, so that give you some time in case they're running behind for check-in or drinks are slow (it took us about 20 minutes after we were seated to get our drinks).and then time to walk out to Main Street without having to rush.

Got reservations for Oga's for me and my son (12) and the Droid Depot too, just for good measure.

Hope they still have the personality chips in 2 weeks! My nephew is there now and got a BB unit with a First Order chip.

I scored a 9:30 Ogas Cantina reservation on Dec.5 The day ROTR opens. I understand you are allowed into SWGE an hour before your reservation. So, I was thinking of trying to beat the crowds before park opening as we can get in at 8:30?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter