New SWGE Superthread! Now Open to All! (6/24/2019)

Skyegirl1999

1st pickle of the day!
Just throwing in a different opinion here:
We've tried both these drinks:
Blurrgfire: Tried this once -- DH ordered this, generally liked it, but found it to be too spicy (he's sensitive to heat/spice). So if you are sensitive to spicy, be careful with this one.
Cliff Dweller: We've had this several times. It can be ordered without the Porg mug for a lower price. It's always been very sweet, like punch, not watery at all, and fairly refreshing each time we've had it. I like it, but find it a bit too sweet. One plus for the Cliff Dweller: With all my allergies, this drink seems to be pretty safe so far, so it is one we do re-order.
When I was at Oga's on 8/26, they weren't letting people order the Yub Nub or Cliff Dweller without the mug. I've gotten the Yub Nub before for $14 or 15 and was bummed that it wasn't an option that day. Maybe they're allowing it again now, but heads-up...

ten6mom

DIS Veteran
The droids still do plenty without a personality chip- my kids love theirs even though they were hoping to get chips. The chip just changes some of the sounds they make as well as what areas of SWGE they “respond” to.

The intent of the chips was to be one of the upgrades or add ons for your droid that could be purchased either at time of build or later on. There are other accessories too such as colored body panels and attachments (especially for the R2 droids). When they had/have the chips they’re on the wall for anyone to buy. That said, they’ve been gone for a while so it’s hard to know if, whenever they come back, they might decide to restrict them like they were doing with kyber crystals for a while... Hopefully not but who knows. I don’t think they been restricting the backpacks which are also a semi-hot commodity (though they seem to be back more steadily recently) so maybe that’s a good sign.
Good to know; thank you.

So a follow up- if the Personality Chips make the Droid react differently in different areas of SWGE... is there any reason to buy one later (if they're out of stock the day of building) if we DON'T plan to bring the Droid back to SWGE on a later visit?

theluckyrabbit

When I was at Oga's on 8/26, they weren't letting people order the Yub Nub or Cliff Dweller without the mug. I've gotten the Yub Nub before for $14 or 15 and was bummed that it wasn't an option that day. Maybe they're allowing it again now, but heads-up...
Good for people to be aware of -- the option may or may not be available -- but at least they can ask.

• pharmama

DIS Veteran
    Good to know; thank you.

So a follow up- if the Personality Chips make the Droid react differently in different areas of SWGE... is there any reason to buy one later (if they're out of stock the day of building) if we DON'T plan to bring the Droid back to SWGE on a later visit?
    Well they do change the sounds they make. Supposedly they may also change the way they respond to one another- say if you have one with a resistance chip and one with first order and have them near each other - but from what I’ve seen/read that wasn’t a huge difference or even that people couldn’t really get their droids to respond to one another at all. My two DDs droids, one R2, one BB, neither with a chip, don’t really seem to respond or react to one another much.

ten6mom

DIS Veteran
    Well they do change the sounds they make. Supposedly they may also change the way they respond to one another- say if you have one with a resistance chip and one with first order and have them near each other - but from what I’ve seen/read that wasn’t a huge difference or even that people couldn’t really get their droids to respond to one another at all. My two DDs droids, one R2, one BB, neither with a chip, don’t really seem to respond or react to one another much.
    Hmmm, interesting; thanks again.

I think, if they happen to be in stock when we go (which is looking more doubtful all the time, apparently) then I will get one, but if they don't, I won't worry about it on a subsequent visit.

crazycatlady

DIS Veteran
    Oga's Cantina finally loaded the dates for the last week of October but there is no availability for the whole week. Have the times just not been loaded yet or are they really all gone already?

Skyegirl1999

1st pickle of the day!
    I think you can still only book two weeks out.

There have been plenty of day-of reservations available lately - like yesterday, for a party of two, at 11:30, we could have booked 12 or 12:15... plus a bunch of other times. 28AAE865-A84C-4344-8983-F7090AAE7B7B.png

(I’d still book early, of course, just pointing out that it’s not crazy competitive or anything.)

• GoldeneyezCA

Mouseketeer
    For those who are looking for popular items, Dok Ondar’s had all kyber crystals except for blue and red today (finally snagged a white one!), and the Droid Depot had a wall full of personality chips and lots of backpacks and serving trays. The CM’s said that they’ve been receiving large shipments on a more regular basis.

TikiTikiFan

Mouseketeer
    Have the porgs been in stock? Our trip in August we checked every day but no such luck. Wasn’t sure if that has been common with the porgs in the Creature Stall being unavailable or if we were just unlucky. We’ll be back in December ready to hunt those porgs again. 😅

gpjacobs

Mouseketeer
    Is 1.5 hours between reservations at Savi's and Oga's enough? I've heard that the experience at Savi's often doesn't start on time and you're in the outside "holding area" for a bit. Just want to make sure we don't miss our second reservation! :thanks:

• avalon451

Errrr... what?
    Is 1.5 hours between reservations at Savi's and Oga's enough? I've heard that the experience at Savi's often doesn't start on time and you're in the outside "holding area" for a bit. Just want to make sure we don't miss our second reservation! :thanks:
    I think it should be plenty; we had reservations last Thursday night for Savi's at 9:10, and Oga's at 10:00. Even though we started about 15 minutes late for Savi's, we were out by 9:45, plenty of time to go check in for Oga's. Enjoy! We loved the lightsaber experience! Our "Gatherer" leader was SO in character,and she got into a whole ad lib exchange with our 17 y.o. daughter.

Don't be afraid to come up with a back story for yourself and interact with your Gatherer, or other characters around SW:GE. My DH was telling everybody he was a moisture farmer and didn't want any trouble; he was just looking for scrap metal. The Gatherer came around and talked to all the little groups of people waiting in the courtyard. She was whispering very seriously about the need to be on our guard, and to make sure we trusted our group. because we could be betrayed to the New Order if there were any infiltrators. Most of the other attendees just kind of laughed or didn't know what to say. But when she got to our group and asked if we trusted each other, DH nodded at DD17 and murmured, "Her, we're not sure about." The Gatherer asked her name, and she said it was Finn (Fiona, but she uses Finn for gaming, cosplaying, etc). The Gatherer took her aside and did this whole quiet conversation with her to find out her allegiances. Fiona said out loud, "Listen, my father is a moisture farmer. We don't want any trouble. We're just looking for scrap metal to fix our power converter." Then she told the Gatherer under her breath, "He's working with the Resistance. He's wanted in 12 sectors!" After that, the Gatherer designated her as the group's lookout. She had to be last in, to "make sure and sound the alarm if Storm Troopers show up." :rotfl: It was so great.

LoganBrown1990

Mouseketeer
    Are they still releasing more reservations for Oga's the morning of? We got tickets for a talk show filming on the Universal Lot and wouldn't make it back in time for our reservation. I think we're leaning toward skipping the show due to how much of the day it would take away, plus the fact that we'd be done and heading back right in the middle of after work traffic, but if it's pretty easy to snag another reservation time, that might change things.

Delilah1310

DIS Veteran
    Does anyone know if there is any Battu merch that is exclusive to DL's Battu?
    or is everything also available in WDW, too?

figment_jii

DIS Veteran
    Does anyone know if there is any Battu merch that is exclusive to DL's Battu? or is everything also available in WDW, too?
    I don't have a definitive answer, but it seems like they're pretty careful to avoid putting Disneyland on anything that is sold in SW:GE. The only things I've seen that said Disneyland were a few shirts that were sold outside of SW:GE.

gpjacobs

Mouseketeer
    I think it should be plenty; we had reservations last Thursday night for Savi's at 9:10, and Oga's at 10:00. Even though we started about 15 minutes late for Savi's, we were out by 9:45, plenty of time to go check in for Oga's. Enjoy! We loved the lightsaber experience! Our "Gatherer" leader was SO in character,and she got into a whole ad lib exchange with our 17 y.o. daughter.

Don't be afraid to come up with a back story for yourself and interact with your Gatherer, or other characters around SW:GE. My DH was telling everybody he was a moisture farmer and didn't want any trouble; he was just looking for scrap metal. The Gatherer came around and talked to all the little groups of people waiting in the courtyard. She was whispering very seriously about the need to be on our guard, and to make sure we trusted our group. because we could be betrayed to the New Order if there were any infiltrators. Most of the other attendees just kind of laughed or didn't know what to say. But when she got to our group and asked if we trusted each other, DH nodded at DD17 and murmured, "Her, we're not sure about." The Gatherer asked her name, and she said it was Finn (Fiona, but she uses Finn for gaming, cosplaying, etc). The Gatherer took her aside and did this whole quiet conversation with her to find out her allegiances. Fiona said out loud, "Listen, my father is a moisture farmer. We don't want any trouble. We're just looking for scrap metal to fix our power converter." Then she told the Gatherer under her breath, "He's working with the Resistance. He's wanted in 12 sectors!" After that, the Gatherer designated her as the group's lookout. She had to be last in, to "make sure and sound the alarm if Storm Troopers show up." :rotfl: It was so great.
    Thank you! This makes me so more confident with planning ... and that is some major pixie dust you guys experienced. Just fantastic!

YoDisney

Life Goals=Platinum Castaway Club
    about oga's cantina--we have an upcoming 8:30am rsvp for group of 8 (only option available), do they only serve the bfast drink menu? the lunch & dinner drink menus offer a bit more variety for us to try. the silver lining about our early rsvp is that we do get to experience GE after our cantina experience w/o being in the virtual queue (is what i understand, correct?) if thats the case, we see it as knocking this part of the park down early on.

also, we have 1 guest who wants to build the lightsaber (adult)..are there open times for savi's in the morning that he can walk up & put his name down for? he doesn't have the disneyland app or disney login & is relying on others in the group to book FP, reservations, etc.

LizzyS

DIS Veteran
    about oga's cantina--we have an upcoming 8:30am rsvp for group of 8 (only option available), do they only serve the bfast drink menu? the lunch & dinner drink menus offer a bit more variety for us to try. the silver lining about our early rsvp is that we do get to experience GE after our cantina experience w/o being in the virtual queue (is what i understand, correct?) if thats the case, we see it as knocking this part of the park down early on.

also, we have 1 guest who wants to build the lightsaber (adult)..are there open times for savi's in the morning that he can walk up & put his name down for? he doesn't have the disneyland app or disney login & is relying on others in the group to book FP, reservations, etc.
    The virtual queue hasn't been used since opening day to the general public. If something has changed, someone correct me.

Connect

Disney News and Updates

Get Daily Email Updates