about oga's cantina--we have an upcoming 8:30am rsvp for group of 8 (only option available), do they only serve the bfast drink menu? the lunch & dinner drink menus offer a bit more variety for us to try. the silver lining about our early rsvp is that we do get to experience GE after our cantina experience w/o being in the virtual queue (is what i understand, correct?) if thats the case, we see it as knocking this part of the park down early on.

also, we have 1 guest who wants to build the lightsaber (adult)..are there open times for savi's in the morning that he can walk up & put his name down for? he doesn't have the disneyland app or disney login & is relying on others in the group to book FP, reservations, etc.

about oga's cantina--we have an upcoming 8:30am rsvp for group of 8 (only option available), do they only serve the bfast drink menu? the lunch & dinner drink menus offer a bit more variety for us to try. the silver lining about our early rsvp is that we do get to experience GE after our cantina experience w/o being in the virtual queue (is what i understand, correct?) if thats the case, we see it as knocking this part of the park down early on.

also, we have 1 guest who wants to build the lightsaber (adult)..are there open times for savi's in the morning that he can walk up & put his name down for? he doesn't have the disneyland app or disney login & is relying on others in the group to book FP, reservations, etc.

The virtual queue hasn't been used since opening day to the general public. If something has changed, someone correct me.

Howdy, are there any recent posts regarding Galaxy's Edge strategies / best times of the day to visit? We're going in a couple of weeks and will probably at least do a walk through, and possibly ride Millennium Falcon depending on the wait times. The only thing I've heard is that a lot of people run there at rope drop.

Thanks!

We were there Wed-Sun last week. The same strategy holds since the first few weeks after the reservation system ended. It's often mobbed first thing, especially on the weekends. You don't need to use a Magic Morning and spend the entire hour lined up by Frontier Land in order to run for the Falcon; it's kind of a waste of time, although you might get on fairly quickly before it builds to a 40-60 minute wait. However, it calms down later in the day, especially mid afternoon. What surprised me was how fast I could get on through the single rider line. I rode 5 times last week, all single rider except once. I don't think I ever waited more than 20 minutes, and mostly I was on in 10.
Also, the standby wait is often quite a bit shorter than what is posted, according to the experience of several people here, including my one time going standby. Our family is a party of six, so an entire flight crew, and we really wanted to see the whole queue and ride together. The posted time midday was 50 minutes, but we were through in 30. Also, the line moves quite constantly, and there's lots of detail to see, so it's not boring at all.
Your best bet for now is to download the Disney App and keep an eye on the wait times throughout the day. You'll get a feel for what days and times the line tends to go down.

I am now within my 60 day window so was out making some dining renovations and wanted to make one for the Droid Depot as well. There isn't anything available past the beginning of October...will more open up later on? Also it says one person and one guest. There are three of us in our party. Can all three go into the building but only two be at the actual counter working on the droid?

I am now within my 60 day window so was out making some dining renovations and wanted to make one for the Droid Depot as well. There isn't anything available past the beginning of October...will more open up later on? Also it says one person and one guest. There are three of us in our party. Can all three go into the building but only two be at the actual counter working on the droid?

I believe the SWGE reservations are still only booking 14 days out.

To answer your other question, yes, you can all enter the building. Half of the building is a store that anyone can enter whether they are there to build a droid or not. The droid building area is behind a half "fence" in part of the shop. Depending on how busy it is they will probably let all 3 of you in the build area as well. We had 2 droid builders and 3 non-builders who accompanied them and no one said anything and that was during the June preview period when there were no reservations and you had to wait in line to build a droid (we waited about 10 min) so it was pretty busy.

I believe the SWGE reservations are still only booking 14 days out.

To answer your other question, yes, you can all enter the building. Half of the building is a store that anyone can enter whether they are there to build a droid or not. The droid building area is behind a half "fence" in part of the shop. Depending on how busy it is they will probably let all 3 of you in the build area as well. We had 2 droid builders and 3 non-builders who accompanied them and no one said anything and that was during the June preview period when there were no reservations and you had to wait in line to build a droid (we waited about 10 min) so it was pretty busy.
Thanks so much Pharmama!!

There are six of us and they let 2 non builders join the one builder in our party and the other three of us were within talking distance watching... we had reservations but everyone else there were just walk ins

And for the non-builders, you can SHOP! That's where I bought the Spira metal gift cards... which is what my son will be using to build his droid next month :)

So I will be there this Wednesday (Oogie Boogie this Tuesday). I have one kid building a droid and the other a lightsaber. I decided to get reservations after 9 since the ride and everything seems a tad slower especially on a Wednesday. Can anyone give me a rough time estimate on how long each on takes to build?

thanks

So I will be there this Wednesday (Oogie Boogie this Tuesday). I have one kid building a droid and the other a lightsaber. I decided to get reservations after 9 since the ride and everything seems a tad slower especially on a Wednesday. Can anyone give me a rough time estimate on how long each on takes to build?

thanks
I’d also be interested to know how long the lightsaber building experience at Savi is.

I apologize if this the wrong thread for this query, but I wondered if anyone had advice for someone prone to motion sickness on Smuggler's Run. My family wants to do the ride together, and I can do Star Tours by closing my eyes if it gets too intense, but I don't think that's an option here! Would Engineer be best? What happens if I shirk my duties and just close my eyes? Thanks.

I apologize if this the wrong thread for this query, but I wondered if anyone had advice for someone prone to motion sickness on Smuggler's Run. My family wants to do the ride together, and I can do Star Tours by closing my eyes if it gets too intense, but I don't think that's an option here! Would Engineer be best? What happens if I shirk my duties and just close my eyes? Thanks.
You don’t have to check in at your spot; just let the CM know that you don’t want to (they’ll often do it for you because it can be quick and frantic). Then your position will be automated as if no one is sitting there.

I’d also be interested to know how long the lightsaber building experience at Savi is.

From check in to finish it was about 40 minutes when we did it. For the droid building my son was done in 30 minutes and that was with a lot of dawdling- some in our group were done sooner with the droids.

I like the engineer spot because it is the most low key. As the pp said, you can ask the CM (ask quickly -- things happen fast on the MF!) not to check you in to your position. Then just relax. If looking at the screen is too much for you, you can look down or look at the seat back in front of you. And closing your eyes is always an option, too. I find that most of the time, MFSR is less turbulent than ST. So far, motion sickness hasn't been a problem for me -- but I do try to avoid being pilot when I can.

Last edited:
I would avoid pilot. My friend who gets motion sickness on several rides got motion sickness being pilot. Other positions you can look away. Pilot you can look away but you’ll crash into everything lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter