May 2, 2014 - A WONDERous trip through the Locks WBPC

I❤MICKEY;50868926 said:
OPEN BAR EVENT

*****EVENT SIGN-UP WILL CLOSE ON 3/28/14*****
*****PAYMENT MUST BE RECEIVED BY 3/28/14*****

*****PLEASE READ ENTIRE DESCRIPTION*****

ORGANIZER: Melissa Lemieux / I❤MICKEY

DATE AND LOCATION: TBD. Will be assigned by DCL on a Sea Day. Will not conflict with scheduled mixology, tastings or dinner times. Date and time will be finalized once payment is received.

COST: $13.25 including gratuity. Free for non-drinkers.

SIGN-UP: Send private message to I❤MICKEY. Please include your name, the number of drinkers, and the number of non-drinkers. Do not send private message on disboard if you already signed up on Facebook.

PAYMENT: Pre-payment is necessary. Unfortunately, DCL will not charge on board accounts. DCL requires that the organizer collects the payment and then pays DCL via credit card. There are two options for paying.
  • Mail a check. Send me a private message and I will provide the mailing address.
  • Submit your payment via PayPal at dcleventpay@gmail.com. If paying by PayPal please be sure to list as a gift and include your name in the message for tracking purposes.
Please make payment by March 28, 2014.

PAYMENT TRACKING: I will send you a private message once payment is received.

MINIMUM GUESTS: We are required to have a minimum of 25 participants. If we do not meet this requirement I will return all checks received. Based on the posts we should have enough participants. :)

BAR PACKAGE OVERVIEW: The following is the information from the flyer outlining the premium bar package.
Premium Bar: $13.25 (per person / per hour ~ 25 guest minimum)
Vodka: Absolut, Smirnoff ~ Rum: Bacardi, Captain Morgan, Parrot Bay ~ Gin: Beefeater, Tangueray ~ Whiskey/Bourbon: Canadian Club,Seagrams VO, Jack Daniel ~ Tequila: Cuervo Gold ~ Cognac: Courvoisier VS, Hennessy VS ~ Wines: White/Santa Carolina Chardonnay Red/Santa Carolina Merlot & Brancott Pinot Noir; Blush/Beringer White Zinfandel ~ Beer: Budweiser, Bud Light, Corona, Heineken, Michelob Ultra, Samuel Adams, Newcastle Brown​

During the open bar event on our last sailing my husband and a group of gentleman were drinking Macallan Select Oak which is not listed. I only point this out to provide the expectation that the above are the alcohol options that are part of the package but that others may be available.

Private message me with any questions you may have.

Not sure how to pay by paypal on your email account.

Thanks,

It's ok, my daughter set it up. We've paid.

Geri

Other than pre-paying for our tips in advance for head waiter etc., what tipping money will we need on the boat? If we order drinks or room service, will we be able to add it to our bill or will we need cash? Thanks

Other than pre-paying for our tips in advance for head waiter etc., what tipping money will we need on the boat? If we order drinks or room service, will we be able to add it to our bill or will we need cash? Thanks

We have always tipped cash. The server does not bring anything for you to sign.

We always bring cash for room service delivery. They are speedy. In and out in the blink of an eye. I can't remember ever being asked to sign anything when the dropped off the tray.

One thing I think gets overlooked or doesn't get mentioned when people ask about tips is gratuities for your guides/drivers during excursions. Perhaps not on the boat but something that should be budgeted for. In our experience the only way to tip them would be cash.

You may want to bring extra cash for the serving team and cabin hosts. If the service is exceptional we always give a little extra. You can increase the amount that they get using your on board account as well if you don't want to use cash.

Gratuity for drinks at bars or poolside is automatically added and charged to your on board account. You can give more if you choose to which can be cash or charged to your on board account.

I noticed somewhere that you are allowed to bring wine on board with you. I don't suppose you are allowed to take it to the dining room with you?

Seek would want to go to the open bar event but I am worried it will coincide with my brunch it the castaway reception. Neither I want to miss. If I knew the date and time in advance I would sign up.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using DISBoards

Hi All:cool1:
The DW and I will be disembarking in Key West and heading to a close by Liqueur store :drinking: to fulfill our every need for the cruise. We have bought and brought alcohol on board before in port and as long as you don't try to bring it through customs you are OK. :dancer: Alcohol bought at Duty Free shop is held till your last day for embarkation ( look for specials throughout cruise).:sail: We have lugged it around before and it sure is cumbersome before getting into our room.:headache: But to each thier own of course and what ever works for ya. How many hours are folks signing up for at the ETOH festival? I think we are going to do 1 hour for sure and will be sending info through paypal.:surfweb: I hope everyone is having a great day, and of course CARRY ON.:firefight

Thanks jrp. Out of curiosity, how do you go thru customs in Key West? Not a problem there, right?

We're on the fence about the ETOH hour. We have a little more time to decide.
Does anyone know if this will be an afternoon or evening event?

I❤MICKEY;50910147 said:
What is this? I don't recall seeing anything referenced as ETOH. Thx.

I was assuming that it was the open bar hour. Maybe I'm wrong!:confused3:goodvibes

If it's the open bar event I am the coordinator. :)

It is only a 1 time event for 1 hour. You can't sign up for multiple hours.

We will not know until early/mid-April what day/time the event will be. I have to provide the final quantity before they will assign day/time. Sign-up and payment is due March 28. I am coordinating with DCL so it will not be at the same day/time as the private mixology and tastings organized by Diane. I've been told to anticipate the time will be in the afternoon probably 2:00-3:00 or 3:00-4:00 on a sea day.

On our last cruise we had over 100 people sign up for the event. Less than a dozen had conflicts. They were able to either rearrange their schedules or sell their spots to cruisers who booked last minute after the closing date to sign-up.

Hope this helps you make a decision. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Hi guys:cool1:
Of course I was only talking about am hour at the open bar, any longer and it would have to be a bar crawl.It's an old biker thing. Sorry for the confusion as it was more of a joke:joker: seee ya.

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter