May 2, 2014 - A WONDERous trip through the Locks WBPC

In other alcohol news... :cheer2:

I've requested our private tastings. The schedule is as follows although until 2 weeks out it isn't actually confirmed:

Martini - Sunday 5/4
Mixology 1 - Tuesday 5/6
Mixology 2 - Wednesday 5/7
Champagne - Sunday 5/11
Wine - Monday 5/12
Tequila - Tuesday 5/13

These will probably all be around 2 or 3 in the afternoon.
Champagne is $30 a person, the rest are all $15. They will be charged to your onboard account.

We still have space if anyone hasn't joined yet. The form is on the first message of our discussion.

I'll be closing the lists and sending the final guest lists to DCL on March 30.

I will need full names of all guests and stateroom or reservation numbers so they can charge everyone correctly (no spoofing your data :) ) so bear with me for the next few posts while I put up the guest lists to make sure I've got everyone.

If you signed up for more than just yourself, could you please PM me with the name of your other guests.

If you signed up and don't have a room number yet, could you please PM me with your reservation number so they can track where you end up and send your tickets to the right room. I promise not to charge any massages to your account. :rolleyes1

Commence PM onslaught! I'm ready for them.

:drinking1

Martini Tasting Sunday 5/4

ImDMous 2
dancingvolleyballmom 2
ppartekim 4
mikaamma 2
I❤MICKEY 2
sallyplaid 2
EdBshaw 1
bchilds 2
dolphingirl47 1
beccafish3kids 1
Jeff Spencer 2
JRP 2
m4travels 1
slonesfam 2
BadKitty1985 2
FiveForFun 2
goiu 1

Mixology Class 1 Tuesday 5/6

ImDMous 2
Jitensha 2
MommyTo5 2
cntclark 3
dancingvolleyballmom 2
ppartekim 4
GoinPlaces63 1 +1
mikaamma 2
ERDocG 1
PirateBob 8

Mixology Class 2 Wednesday 5/7

ImDMous 2
I❤MICKEY 2
sallyplaid 2
bchilds 2
dolphingirl47 1
beccafish3kids 1
Jeff Spencer 2
JRP 2
DVCDCLfamily5 2
slonesfam 2
manzanita 2
BadKitty1985 2
Facebook 1
FiveForFun 2
goiu 1

Champagne Tasting Sunday 5/11

ImDMous 2
ASchwa 1
dancingvolleyballmom 2
ppartekim 4
ERDocG 2
sallyplaid 2
bchilds 2
dolphingirl47 1
Jeff Spencer 2
JRP 2
DVCDCLfamily5 2
m4travels 2
slonesfam 1
BadKitty1985 2
FiveForFun 2

Wine Tasting Monday 5/12

ImDMous 2
Jitensha 2
ppartekim 4
sallyplaid 2
EdBshaw 2
JRP 2
DOMINFAM4 2
FiveForFun 2
goiu 1
moosebowl 2
Muushka 2

Tequila Tasting Tuesday 5/13

dancingvolleyballmom 2
ppartekim 4
GoinPlaces63 1
mikaamma 2
PirateBob 2
sallyplaid 1
EdBshaw 1
dolphingirl47 1
Jeff Spencer 2
JRP 2
m4travels 2
slonesfam 1
ImDMous 2
Bobbiwoz 1
FiveForFun 2
goiu 1

berardfam and dominfam4, maybe our los can meet up when they allow that open house exploration of the kids club. I think LO would really enjoy that :)

Little ones and key west , a number of you have asked what is recommended.

We have had Key West as a stop the last two years and our boys, 3-5 year olds at the various times, enjoyed the Butterfly museum. There are discount coupons you can print here much cheaper than the Disney excursion.

A good way to spend 90 minutes on dry land. The people there are very nice and will give your kiddos some nectar to attract the butterflies.

The other thing I have mentioned before is the amazing donuts at Glazed Donuts, one of the top 10 shops in the US. I can taste the key lime flavor already! 10+ unique flavors and so worth the visit. Come on, your killing your diet anyways, do it in style!

In other alcohol news... :cheer2:

I've requested our private tastings. The schedule is as follows although until 2 weeks out it isn't actually confirmed:

Martini - Sunday 5/4
Mixology 1 - Tuesday 5/6
Mixology 2 - Wednesday 5/7
Champagne - Sunday 5/11
Wine - Monday 5/12
Tequila - Tuesday 5/13

These will probably all be around 2 or 3 in the afternoon.
Champagne is $30 a person, the rest are all $15. They will be charged to your onboard account.

We still have space if anyone hasn't joined yet. The form is on the first message of our discussion.

I'll be closing the lists and sending the final guest lists to DCL on March 30.

I will need full names of all guests and stateroom or reservation numbers so they can charge everyone correctly (no spoofing your data :) ) so bear with me for the next few posts while I put up the guest lists to make sure I've got everyone.

If you signed up for more than just yourself, could you please PM me with the name of your other guests.

If you signed up and don't have a room number yet, could you please PM me with your reservation number so they can track where you end up and send your tickets to the right room. I promise not to charge any massages to your account. :rolleyes1

Commence PM onslaught! I'm ready for them.

:drinking1

Thanks for organizing this. I am surprised how early they have given you the dates. That has always been a struggle on other cruises.

I just wanted to check that you have all the information you need from me. I think I provided it all on the original form.

Corinna

Thanks for organizing this. I am surprised how early they have given you the dates. That has always been a struggle on other cruises.

I just wanted to check that you have all the information you need from me. I think I provided it all on the original form.

Corinna

You're all good, thanks for checking!

These are the dates I asked for, they could totally change them around. They won't be final until 2 weeks before we leave but I figured it's a starting point at least.

berardfam and dominfam4, maybe our los can meet up when they allow that open house exploration of the kids club. I think LO would really enjoy that :)

Sounds great to me. How do we know when that will be, when we get the navigator on board? I am pretty sure our youngest will not be ready for the club, but my 4 and 5 year olds are looking forward to it!

Have you signed up for any of the mixologys? Some of them are very tempting, but I do not want to commit just in case my kids give us a difficult time about going to the club alone. I don't think that will happen, but since this is our first cruise, going to play things by ear to be safe.

Sounds great to me. How do we know when that will be, when we get the navigator on board? I am pretty sure our youngest will not be ready for the club, but my 4 and 5 year olds are looking forward to it!

Have you signed up for any of the mixologys? Some of them are very tempting, but I do not want to commit just in case my kids give us a difficult time about going to the club alone. I don't think that will happen, but since this is our first cruise, going to play things by ear to be safe.

Yes, we could do that too. It will tell you in the Navigator when open house is. I am pretty sure there will be one sometime on the first day so parents and kids can check it out together. If I remember correctly I think there is at least one open house per day but not 100% sure of that. We are fully counting on our son being able to go in with his older sister (fingers crossed). He will be 6 weeks away from 3 and goes to preschool part time so I think he'll handle it OK. Especially at the designated activities (story time, visits from characters etc..), free play time may be a different issue, just letting him wander around and play, not so sure how he'll do. And yes, we signed up for the wine tasting and the 1 hour open bar :woohoo:

Yes, the navigator will list the open house days, I saw 2 I think on one uploaded by another DISer. I'll try to go to both since I'm sure my little grom will need some place to play and he'll only have those 2 opportunities to use that area.

I have not signed up any mixologies, in fact last cruise I think I drank a total of one glass of wine, I'm not a big drinker although they do sound like they could be fun. We're trying to plan as little as possible so we can just relax and have flexibility if my son is not interested in doing something, this is why we only booked 2 tours, I figured if they're too long we may just be better off exploring a little bit on our own in PV and Cabo. I've been to Cabo before. Can't wait :)

Mixology Class 2 Wednesday 5/7

ImDMous 2
I❤MICKEY 2
sallyplaid 2
bchilds 2
dolphingirl47 1
beccafish3kids 1
Jeff Spencer 2
JRP 2
DVCDCLfamily5 2
slonesfam 2
manzanita 2
BadKitty1985 2
Facebook 1
FiveForFun 2
goiu 1

We are fine with doing Class 1 or Class 2 but don't want to do both. Thanks again for setting these up! :cool1:

Hi All:cool1:
Just wanted to say hi to everyone as I haven't been on the computer lately. I havee been working on my door signs though, and find out I should have saved the ones from Alaska. Seems like there is so much to get together now in such a short period of time, oh well.I want to welcome the newbies to the site and looking forward to seeing most of you around the boat sometimes.. Gotta run for now.:firefight Oh yeah if there are any firefighters either active or retired and are interested in trading departmeent shirts, please let me know. I have a couple of work shirts now and can get some more from the union before the cruise if you let me know. Thanks

Wanted to thank everyone who responded to my question about excursions with little ones. Look forward to seeing you all at the pool! :)

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter