May 2, 2014 - A WONDERous trip through the Locks WBPC

Hi Muushka:cool1:
No, I have not visited the group, but it sounds like I am about to though:dance3:. Thanks for the info, and I saw some folks on here talking about packing for the cruise earlier.:hourglass I know that my DW and I always over pack and I hope that this time we are a little more conservative in the amount of stuff we are bringing - more laundry duty:laundy: than lugging all that luggage :crazy:around again. Hoping to see you at the tastings :drinking1that are being set up as they are a blast pixiedust: and this time we are not doing any excursions, but just getting off the boat in port.:moped: Talk to you as soon as I see a post come up.:firefight

Here you go (and anyone else who loves Wilderness Lodge):
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3075564

A great bunch of folks, very friendly thread.

I've always enjoyed your posts. Are you dining main or second?
We're second and would like to find some fun people to eat dinner with.:goodvibes

We are also packing light. The laundry is 2 doors down and I plan on using it A LOT!

We were on a Disney cruise and stopped in Cabo San Lucas when our daughter was just shy of 2yrs old. After we took the tender ride off of the ship, we then asked for a water taxi to take us to a beach. They took us to a nice little stretch of beach where there were lounge chairs for us to sit in and we could order food and beverages at a little restaurant or maybe it was a hotel. We stayed for a couple of hours and it was great. Wherever it was that the water taxi had taken us, the food selections were pretty limited if I remember, but it was just fine--very relaxing. Cheap day too.

That sounds wonderful. Can I assume the water taxi's are close to where they leave us?

Also, anyone have any recommendations or outside excursion contacts for Cabo? The two excursions we were interested in are booked and I would like to get some other ideas - looking for something relaxing and beach oriented with the kids. Anyone been there before, I hear it might not be wise to explore on our own, any thoughts about that?

Cabo is a pretty safe place. I have been all over the town at all hours of the day and night. I'm sure there are those lurking around that would try to take advantage of the unwary tourist but that can be said about anywhere. I sometimes think there are more Canadian and Americans living in Cabo than Mexicans.

There will be LOTS of street vendors along the Marina walk but they don't seem to be too pushy. Lots of good restaurants within walking distance. The touristy places along the Marina and the more authentic a couple blocks in.
You can eat at "The Office" and ask for a table closest to the open beach. Kids can play on the beach almost within arms reach while you eat. Pretty good food too.

For just a beach visit the water Taxis as described are your best bet. The taxi captains can set you gently on a good beach in all but the heaviest of swells. And if the swell is that big you probably wouldn't want to ride out in the tender either.
The lands end beaches can be pretty cool to explore but may be fairly crowded depending on if there are other cruise ships there or not.

Another fairly cheap, no reservation needed excursion is the glass bottom boat tours. Often these are the same boats as your water taxi. They will take you around and over a couple of "fishy" reefs and out around lands end to see the sea lions.

My husband and my 3 year old son will be on this cruise so we are excited to meet new friends- Karina

Welcome aboard Karina. You have lots of catching up to do!:goodvibes

Thank you for the welcome! I really have a lot of catching to do and still navigating how to use this site;)

Here you go (and anyone else who loves Wilderness Lodge):
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3075564

A great bunch of folks, very friendly thread.

I've always enjoyed your posts. Are you dining main or second?
We're second and would like to find some fun people to eat dinner with.:goodvibes

We are also packing light. The laundry is 2 doors down and I plan on using it A LOT!

That sounds wonderful. Can I assume the water taxi's are close to where they leave us?

We actually chose our cabin!based on it's location near the self laundry room. It worked out swell for our EBTA last year!

The VWL is in a process of having rooms renovated. Here is a link showing "before" and "after" room views!
http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=50799051&postcount=63

Bobbi:goodvibes

PS. Welcome, hughesma!

We actually chose our cabin!based on it's location near the self laundry room. It worked out swell for our EBTA last year!

The VWL is in a process of having rooms renovated. Here is a link showing "before" and "after" room views!
http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=50799051&postcount=63

Bobbi:goodvibes

PS. Welcome, hughesma!

Well I know who I'll be meeting in the laundry room! Mr Muush LOVES to take at least 1 of everything (except shorts and slacks) for each and every day that we are away. I am trying to convince him that I will be doing laundry and there is no need to bring 17 tee shirts, 17 Polo shirts, 17 white socks and 17 black socks... you get the picture.:rotfl2:

Hi everyone! This is our 4th disney cruise and we always see the fish extenders outside people's doors, so we ordered one. I was wondering if someone would help me and tell me how it works.

As others have said Cabo is pretty safe, at least 8 years ago when I was there I felt safe wandering around. DH and I will be trying to find some tacos at Taco Fiesta, a place we found in one of the side streets last time, they had really inexpensive tacos and the pork ones were so good. I still remember those tacos! As for vendors, people may ask you if you want to buy a bracelet but don't pester you if you don't show them any attention. One of DH's favorite things to laugh about was that one guy asked me if I wanted to buy a bracelet and then when I walked past without acknowledging him, he said to my DH (then boyfriend) "Hey Buddy want to buy some weed?" I apparently missed that, and he was laughing as he caught up to me to tell me the tale.:rotfl2:

Thank you very much! We would love to join;) we are still waiting for our room assignment. We can't wait to meet everyone on this group.

Thank you very much! We would love to join;) we are still waiting for our room assignment. We can't wait to meet everyone on this group.

I think you can join, just mention that you are waiting for room assignment.:)

Thank you for the welcome! I really have a lot of catching to do and still navigating how to use this site;)

Have a look at Jeff Spencer's web page as well it has direct links to all sorts of helpful info.
He has a link to Sara's email, she is organizing the fish extenders' groups.

This is our first Disney cruise too. I googled fish extenders and spent hours reading and looking at pictures.

I'm having a great time using my cricut machine and sewing my FE gifts. Can't wait to see what others are bringing.

Well I know who I'll be meeting in the laundry room! Mr Muush LOVES to take at least 1 of everything (except shorts and slacks) for each and every day that we are away. I am trying to convince him that I will be doing laundry and there is no need to bring 17 tee shirts, 17 Polo shirts, 17 white socks and 17 black socks... you get the picture.:rotfl2:
We do as your husband. To us it's not vacation if we are doing chores, so no laundry. Speaking of vacation I am posting this for my room at my home resort, The Villas Animal Kingdom Lodge.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using DISBoards

We do as your husband. To us it's not vacation if we are doing chores, so no laundry. Speaking of vacation I am posting this for my room at my home resort, The Villas Animal Kingdom Lodge.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using DISBoards

AKV a beautiful resort!:goodvibes. I love seeing the animals, and the talks by the CMs from Africa are wonderful!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter