*HHI Owners and Beach Lovers Group Thread*

hhisc16

DHHIR owner, DISDAD
I want to start a DHHIR Owners and Beach Lovers group thread. (We also have the HHI Lovers Thread for others interested!)

:welcome:HOME!

DHHIR has celebrated 25 years!
Disney’s Hilton Head Island (HHI) opened on March 1, 1996. DVC contract end date is January 31, 2042.

Official Disney website link:
https://hiltonhead.disney.go.com/

Official Disney pocket guide:
https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...t-guide-to-disneys-hilton-head-island-resort/

Official Disney Vacation Club Website for DHHIR:
https://disneyvacationclub.disney.go.com/destinations/list/us-east/hilton-head/

Disney’s Hilton Head Island Resort
22 Harbourside Lane
Hilton Head, South Carolina 29928
Front Desk: (843) 341-4150
Fax: (843) 341-4130

Quick Service
  • Tide Me Over
  • Signals
Pools
-Big Dipper
-Little Dipper
-Beach House

Amenities
  • Barbecue pavilion
  • Basketball
  • Beach (Atlantic Ocean) via shuttle
  • Bike rental
  • Bocci ball
  • Checkers (GIANT!)
  • Community Hall
  • Cornhole
  • Fitness center
  • Foosball
  • Grocery orders
  • Horseshoes
  • Pool
  • Putting green
  • Table tennis

123 rooms total
21 Studios (Sleeps 4)
21 1 Bedrooms (Sleeps 5)
(21 Bedroom lock-offs are the Studio/1 Bedroom combos)
76 2 Bedrooms (Sleeps 9)
5 Grand Villas (Sleeps 12)

(Below each grand villa is a studio/1 bedroom lockoff in buildings 16, 18, 19, 28, and 30.)

There is an elevator in the Live Oak Lodge and currently building an elevator for building 28.

If you need Handicap Accessible room, this is a booking option for DVC.

Here is a link to WebmasterDoc's HHI Resort Statistics:
]https://www.disboards.com/threads/hh-resort-statistics.226883/

If you have a request of information at this resort, just post below or PM me.

Below are some pictures of our beloved DVC resort!
DHHIR
Big Dipper Pool
Tide Me Over and Broad Creek Mercantile

Beach House
Live Oak Lodge
Beach House Shuttle Service
Map
Room Inventory

HHI Lovers thread on our beloved DVC resort:
[https://www.disboards.com/threads/hhi-lovers-thread.3641326/

Palmetto Dunes-Webcam (Beach and DHHIR)
https://www.palmettodunes.com/news-and-media/webcams

Shelter Cove Harbor
https://www.sheltercovehiltonhead.com/

Last edited:
Post # 2 reserved for DHHIR owners listed, points charts and upcoming trips.
(PM for me to add you to our list!)
hhisc16
tnbeth1972
Suzabella
Jimmy Mouse
badeacon
bobbiwoz
bnlbebes
Simba's Mom
Keith Tyger
Judique
quinnc19
sun_seekin
carone0318
iloveokw
TCRAIG
DonMacGregor
ZerasPride
Gofish7490
hayesdvc
DisneyStarWisher
glennbo123
M:SpilotISTC12
scottb8888
aurora23
WebmasterDoc
sweetp0618
Lorana
Suzabella
kristenrice
Crabby Dan
JanDave
SCMinnie
Vinmar4
rusbytammy
HHISand
SomeImaginationHuh
adribelle
YoYoAurora
Perchy
E2ME2
sleepydog25 (honorary member)
luvvwl (honorary member)
1684946874936.png

2024 Trips: (PM me to add your trips!)

3/29- hhisc16

5/26-hhisc16

7/4-hhisc16

9/1-hhisc16

12/21-hhisc16

Activity Guide of the Month: attached

2024 points chart:
2025 points chart:

Attachments

• HH_2024.pdf
    85.2 KB · Views: 13
  • 2025-HH-11.17.23.pdf
    128.2 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:

We own 150 points there, specifically so we can go every Thanksgiving. However, since we usually stay 10-12 days we're probably going to need more points soon. Or we could stay in a studio, but after a 1 Bedroom, I'd rather not.

And regarding the 25 years, there were 2-3 CMs who were there for the entire 25 years.

Owner there - please add to the list.

Thank you for starting this thread! I'll be there this year at Thanksgiving in a Grand Villa - first time in this size villa at Hilton Head, but have been there too many times to count.

Since we are an owners group page, are there any requests for what else to include on Post 1 for our home resort?
*All people that PM or posted on this page as an owner has been updated on Post 2*

I can’t figure out how to PM you but we have two contacts for DDHIR. Just left there yesterday. Sad but happy to hear about Jerome’s new job. He is fantastic.

I can’t figure out how to PM you but we have two contacts for DDHIR. Just left there yesterday. Sad but happy to hear about Jerome’s new job. He is fantastic.
Click on the letter icon at top right of page. It is listed as a conversation , not PM for some reason.

Since we are an owners group page, are there any requests for what else to include on Post 1 for our home resort?
*All people that PM or posted on this page as an owner has been updated on Post 2*

The resort also has corn hole and bocce ball.

Alternately, click on the person's name, and it will offer "start a conversation" as an option.
Thank you for keeping us up to date on DHHIR with the amenities!
The 1st post has been updated with the up to date amenities.
The 2nd post has been updated with the owners that either PM me or posted on this page.
Spread the word about our owners group and I look forward to hearing from you about our beloved resort!

SamR just got this response on 5/16 while checking in at DHHIR:
"I checked into Disney's HHI Resort this afternoon. At check-in, the cast member said, "I have some good news. Disney Corporate just called us to tell us that the change in mask policy at Disney World extends to us here. You do not have to wear a mask outside when on property."

I will update this post if the policy changes.

I sent you a pm. We are owners at HH for the past 20 years. We are supposed to take a trip this year for Thanksgiving week but DH's health is not the best so it is up in the air right now. We love it there and hope to make a return to our home away from home soon.

We are owners at HH for the past 20 years. We are supposed to take a trip this year for Thanksgiving week but DH's health is not the best so it is up in the air right now. We love it there and hope to make a return to our home away from home soon.

My prayers for your DH. If it helps, I've always said that DHHIR has healing powers. One year I went to DHHIR for Thanksgiving 5 days after I fractured my pelvis. I remember the look of disbelief on my DH's face as I lay there in the emergency ward begging the doctor to let me go. But at the end of our stay, I was sure that I recovered so much more than I would have at home. Although I'll admit that the part of GETTING there was no picnic.

My prayers for your DH. If it helps, I've always said that DHHIR has healing powers. One year I went to DHHIR for Thanksgiving 5 days after I fractured my pelvis. I remember the look of disbelief on my DH's face as I lay there in the emergency ward begging the doctor to let me go. But at the end of our stay, I was sure that I recovered so much more than I would have at home. Although I'll admit that the part of GETTING there was no picnic.
Thank you so much for your thoughts and prayers. It has been a long road for him this passed year and Covid has not helped. We are super careful where we go and who we interact with. The thought of getting on a plane is quite daunting. Driving unfortunately is out of the question with his condition. But we are taking things one day at a time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter