Lightyear

I thought Turning Red was great in that regard. Onward hit on the emotions at the end, too.

I thought Turning Red was very funny and it had it's moments for sure. I mean, they are all good movies, but I can see where people don't think of them as among Pixar's best.

I think too, a lot of people expect this to hit Disney+ pretty fast. Why go to the theater and pay theater prices for a family. Along with concessions you can be set back a big chunk of money. Wait a couple months for it to go to Disney+ and watch it from the comfort of your own home for no more than the subscription price you are already paying.

We saw it in the theater with AMC A-List and it was okay. It wasn't great. Sox was by far the best character.

I thought Turning Red was very funny and it had it's moments for sure. I mean, they are all good movies, but I can see where people don't think of them as among Pixar's best.
I was 100% the target audience for Turning Red. So much nostalgia in there, it really hit all the right notes for me.

I just heard the following (about the backlash of the final Game of Thrones season):
You have to love something very much to be this disappointed.

I think that is very relevant for Disney fans. Whether it is about new movies, the ship the Disney Wish, new lands or rides we have been spoilt over the years and that influences how we look at new things.

And nostalgia. Because we think back so fondly when it comes to the old Pixar works, new stuff has to live up to those memories as well.

I think because Pixar has made such great movies in the past. Where the movies really pulled on your heart strings. They haven't reached that level for a long time.

Doesn't make their latest movies bad, just disappointing. The audience doesn’t want Pixar to do okay. We want Pixar to be amazing. And when it is not... it gets even worse.
I dunno, maybe I’m just a softie but the Hawthorne storyline made me cry. :sad1:
I think too, a lot of people expect this to hit Disney+ pretty fast. Why go to the theater and pay theater prices for a family. Along with concessions you can be set back a big chunk of money. Wait a couple months for it to go to Disney+ and watch it from the comfort of your own home for no more than the subscription price you are already paying.

We saw it in the theater with AMC A-List and it was okay. It wasn't great. Sox was by far the best character.
Yeah, I don’t see myself ever going to a theater again in my life, TBH. There’s no way I’m going to pay a small fortune for a less comfortable experience than the one I can have at home for a fraction of the cost. I thought the last Jurassic World movie would be the one to get me back into a theater 1) because it’s the kind of movie that would be best on a big screen and, 2) for the nostalgia of having seen numbers 1-5 in the theater. But when it came down to it, the convenience of watching from home won out.

We just watched it on Disney+ this weekend.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter