Jan 2009 Code Watch

I'm trying to talk DH into a weekend getaway... I think only a great discount would do that!! haha Subbing for some pixie dust!

I just booked a weekend in a family suite! :cool1: I've been nervous to try the values but now getting the suite has made me excited. We don't spend too much time in our room since we're only there for 2 1/2 days, but I think having the room to spread out and the two TVs will be nice. I got a small AAA discount, now I'm hoping for a better AP rate!!

Subscribing!

Missed out on our trips the last few years due to pregnancy/new baby, normally go in September, we all got disney-itis so bad that we decided we couldn't wait for baby to turn 1 lol, so we are going in January.

Is it bad when you can set your 3 month old in your 8 year olds lap, pop in the disney planning dvd, and both of them are transfixed for an hour <_< lol

Perhaps we're getting closer- they released more discounts for the end of December! :yay: With the economy being so unstable, they have to offer SOME sort of discount or free dining...right???:confused: :rolleyes1

Crossing my fingers for a little "January discount" magic!:wizard:

Subscribing!

Missed out on our trips the last few years due to pregnancy/new baby, normally go in September, we all got disney-itis so bad that we decided we couldn't wait for baby to turn 1 lol, so we are going in January.

Is it bad when you can set your 3 month old in your 8 year olds lap, pop in the disney planning dvd, and both of them are transfixed for an hour <_< lol

Not bad at all, but very sweet!;)

I just booked my January 17th (Saturday night) stay. I was hoping to wait, but since it's MLK weekend, I've been watching availability. As of this morning only Pop has a room available and all of the other values are no longer coming up. Since it's one night before moving to our DVC resort, I figured I better book it. This past January there were no discounts for MLK weekend, so decided not to wait any longer. I booked through the AP website so that I could add the delux dining to my one day stay, that way I have 2 days to use my 3 TS credits. Even if there is a discount, it probably won't be very much and since it's MLK weekend, the rates are higher. Of course I would upgrade to a moderate if an AP rate comes out and is about the same rate that I'm paying for a standard room at Pop for a Saturday night stay, holiday weekend = $92. Looks like that weekend is going to be busy.

Hi all!!

I'm a newbie to this area of the threads. Hoping you all can help me!:wizard:

This is our 2nd trip to WDW, the first trip to WDW was one day and we went to all of the parks in one day... what was I thinking!:scared:

We are staying at the POP (this will be the first time we've stayed at a WDW resort).

Are these codes you guys are watching for discounts towards res or just dining?

Looking to save as much $$ as possible...

Thanks for your help!! :flower3:

Hi all!!

I'm a newbie to this area of the threads. Hoping you all can help me!:wizard:

This is our 2nd trip to WDW, the first trip to WDW was one day and we went to all of the parks in one day... what was I thinking!:scared:

We are staying at the POP (this will be the first time we've stayed at a WDW resort).

Are these codes you guys are watching for discounts towards res or just dining?

Looking to save as much $$ as possible...

Thanks for your help!! :flower3:

HI! The discounts most of us are looking for are towards room nights, but we would be happy for dining too! :)

My family and I will be making our 3rd Jan visit this uear and have never been able to get a pin code. What to the discounts in Jan usally consist of? Our trip will have to be 4 days this year due to economy. I called the other day and asked if I had a pin code attached to my name. The CSM toldme that there would be offers in an attempt to encouarge consumers to book but that I did not have one at this time. I will keep fingers crossed for everyone!:wizard:

I'll be having my wedding on Jan 31, 2009 down at the WP :lovestruc

I have a room block, so while I have discounts with that, I'm still on the lookout for a further discount for my guests. So while I'm with you all on this watch, lets remember that Feb 1, 2009 is the Superbowl and that this year its being held just down the road in Tampa. That being said, there are a lot of people who will be in the Disney area for NFL related stuff (a disney CM told me). So while I'm hoping that its truly a value season with less people, I can't help but worry about large crowds. I think Disney is expecting a larger than normal Jan crowd a week before and a week after the game.

Don't kill the messenger, just wanted to drop some info. :confused3
Let's hope that we have all of our lovely stuff booked already way before there are any clear cut contenders for the big game:cheer2:

Not sure if anyone has said this or not (didn't have time to read the entire thread) but historically, room only discounts for January have been released in late Oct/early Nov.

I called yesterday to see about anything attached to my name. We are going Jan 2-8. They told me to watch my e-mails and check the paper on Sundays. :confused3 I have never seen anything in the Sunday paper. Anyone else?

In the travel section of our Sunday paper, they usually advertise the the different package plans...5 night/6day type thing.

In regards to Jan. discounts I know in the past they have also offered ticket upgrades...free park hopper and water parks & more.

I'm hoping Disney Visa will extend their free dining discount.

I have stayed on property many times over the years in January, and I have gotten discount codes directly off disney.com around October each year...:yay:

We're going in January too (24-29). Best I could do so far is AAA, so here's hoping for something a little better.............

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter