Jan 2009 Code Watch

I have finally booked our week 1-25-09 thru 2-01-09 at All-Star Movies and am really hoping for some type of good code or discount.

This isn't a code but....Did anyone else see that Disney is offering free park ticket on your birthday in 2009 for their "what will you celebrate" promotion. We just miss DH Feb. 2birthday by 3 days!!! :rolleyes: We are not getting a pkg so it would have been great, but can't change fights now. Oh well maybe they will have other special treats for those celebrating.:woohoo:

I am totally new at this, but I am also totally confused by this thred. How do I get a discount. Do I put something in when i am in the Disneyworld.com website. How do I subscribe? I am so sorry if I sound like a complete idiot. Would like to go Jan 30-Feb9.

I am totally new at this, but I am also totally confused by this thred. How do I get a discount. Do I put something in when i am in the Disneyworld.com website. How do I subscribe? I am so sorry if I sound like a complete idiot. Would like to go Jan 30-Feb9.

No need to apologize.

This thread is simply to keep each other aware of when/if any discount codes are released for January. When that happens, you'll either need to call WDW to use a code, or have your travel agent do so (try dreamsunlimitedtravel.com)

You can get codes in the mail or e-mail. I have heard that some people called and asked a CM if there was a code attached to their name and got a great deal.:goodvibes I recieved on via e-mail but it was for this fall and could not use it. I am hoping they send another.:worship:

It seems like it is random, on who disney offers a code to. I think your chances are increased the more you are in their system, ie reservations, visiting their web site, ordering maps, ordering their travel dvd. :surfweb:

We also, are all hoping Disney will offer some other discounts for January. I think they usually come out in Oct./ Nov.

Good luck I hope you get a geat deal!:yay:

Subscribed...

We are going Jan 13-25, first half at WDW, second half at Vero Beach! I suppose I should book my WDW Resort now, and then call back to apply the discounted codes when they become available? You can do this after the reservation has been made? Thanks!
Jason

We are going to WDW Jan. 7-13 and hoping for a good discount. We have AAA now. Just subscribing to this thread and hoping that something comes up!

We are going toward the end of January, haven't decided on specific dates yet but we will be there on the 28th so I can get in free for my birthday! :goodvibes Hoping a good deal comes up!

Subscribed...

We are going Jan 13-25, first half at WDW, second half at Vero Beach! I suppose I should book my WDW Resort now, and then call back to apply the discounted codes when they become available? You can do this after the reservation has been made? Thanks!
Jason

Yes, you should probably go ahead and book what you want now. But, you have to be aware that any discounts that are released might not be applicable to your certain room and resort choice. They only set aside a certain number of rooms for each discount and there's no guarantee that there will be availability in your resort.
For example, I am currently booked at the Animal Kingdom Lodge for Jan. 4-13th. In the event that a discount is released I HOPE it will be applicable to my resort, but if it's not, I am prepared to be flexible with my choices. Right now I am guaranteed a Pool View room at the Animal Kingdom Lodge, but if no Pool Room View at AKL is available with a discount, then I am willing to switch to standard, savannah, or an entirely different resort.

Yes, you should probably go ahead and book what you want now. But, you have to be aware that any discounts that are released might not be applicable to your certain room and resort choice. They only set aside a certain number of rooms for each discount and there's no guarantee that there will be availability in your resort.
For example, I am currently booked at the Animal Kingdom Lodge for Jan. 4-13th. In the event that a discount is released I HOPE it will be applicable to my resort, but if it's not, I am prepared to be flexible with my choices. Right now I am guaranteed a Pool View room at the Animal Kingdom Lodge, but if no Pool Room View at AKL is available with a discount, then I am willing to switch to standard, savannah, or an entirely different resort.

Thanks for the info! We're strongly considering staying at the AKL as well! We visited it last trip and loved the theme! But you are right, with so many choices, sometimes it does pay to be flexible, because really all resorts are fantastic (well, except for the Basketball themed All Star Sports--some may love it, but it wasn't a good nights' sleep for us.)

Ok....so I just looked at the calendar and noticed DD's birthday falls on a Friday!!! We have annual passes, but we can still get either the Fast Pass or the gift card if she goes on her birthday....so here is hoping for a FL resident or annual pass discount!! :wizard: :cheer2:

Has anyone heard of any codes coming out from the Disney Visa for January? The CM I spoke with yesterday seemed to think some were coming out.

Has anyone heard of any codes coming out from the Disney Visa for January? The CM I spoke with yesterday seemed to think some were coming out.

That would be great! I just checked the Disney Visa website and their is no mention of a January discount. Anyone else?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter