Jan 2009 Code Watch

I know this is probably a stupid question but I was wondering how all of you got the codes attached to your names and received e-mails. We have gone once a year to Disney for the past several years and have never received an e-mail, postcard or code attached to our name. I am just curious how this works and what might up the odds of getting something like this. Thanks for any suggestions of ideas!!!

Ronda

It seems like it's totally random. People even have stories of codes being attached to their children's names and not theirs.

I started getting code offers at my email address for my MIL, who does not use my email address and has never even stayed on property at WDW. We think it's cuz she requested the vacation-planning DVD, but I did too and have yet to receive a code.

Unfortunately you have to have the person whose name is attached to the code stay in the room with you or I'd be borrowing hers right and left! :rolleyes:

You can always call Disney reservations and ask them to look up your phone number to see if you have a pin code attached....

Sometimes peoples email automatically marks it as spam, but reservations would know if you have a code on file.

Dumbo The Flying Elephant: Closed for Refurbishment [January 7, 2009]
Mickey's PhilharMagic : Closed for Refurbishment [January 18, 2009 to January 31, 2009]
Splash Mountain®: Closed for Refurbishment [January 4, 2009 to January 17, 2009]
The Hall Of Presidents: Closed for Refurbishment [January 1, 2009 to January 31, 2009]

Noooooooooooo :sad: I'm not coming all that way to find out I can't ride Splash Mountain with the kids. At least I'll still be able to see Mickeys PhilharMagic.

Noooooooooooo :sad: I'm not coming all that way to find out I can't ride Splash Mountain with the kids. At least I'll still be able to see Mickeys PhilharMagic.

Splash Mountain has been closed every January for the past 3 years or so.

Mickey's PhilharMagic : Closed for Refurbishment [January 18, 2009 to January 31, 2009]
Splash Mountain®: Closed for Refurbishment [January 4, 2009 to January 17, 2009]
The Hall Of Presidents: Closed for Refurbishment [January 1, 2009 to January 31, 2009]

where did you find this? the only thing I found on Disney & allearsnet.com is the hall of presidents.???:confused3 Not doubting your information, just wondering where it was :hug:

We are going Jan. 1-5.

Anyone have any idea what the amount of the discount was for the AP holders discount for January? I looked on mousesavers and saw that there has been one for the last few years but I wondered what percentage off the room or is there a special package?

Also, has Disney Visa ever offered a special for January???

Anyone know??? :confused3

Oh, that's just code release dates of years past, I've seen that. This doesn't confirm code release dates for 2008. In fact - according to that chart - in 2006 & 2008, they weren't released until November to the general public.

Sorry, I took your post to mean that you read for certain that rates for January will be released this month. Thanks though!

where did you find this? the only thing I found on Disney & allearsnet.com is the hall of presidents.???:confused3 Not doubting your information, just wondering where it was :hug:

Dineys Official site has them listed. Go to Walt Disney World, then Park Hours. You will then see a section with choices like special events, etc. One of the choices is Rehabs(not the term they use).

Oh shoot! PhilharMagic is one of DD's favorites!

Does anybody know if they ever "finish" a day or two early?

PhilharMagic is my favorite also. The Disney website actually shows it being refurbished into the first part of February, not just in January. I try to see that show several times when I'm there. I don't have a trip planned, not sure I will ever get down there again - but I visit in my mind.

I can't believe Splash Mountain will be closed while we are there! :sad2:

Every single time we go to DL or WDW splash is closed - one time we went in May and it was closed! UGH bad timing for us!
And we arrive Jan 3rd, late and go to MK on Jan 4th......figures!

We booked our vacation for January a month ago and NOW they announce rehabs? Only three months prior? Philharmagic is my favorite attraction at MK. I sent an e-mail to Disney suggesting they could surely wait two more days until after the MLK weekend to start the rehab. Will they wait? Probably not, but if a lot of people sent a similar e-mail...:rolleyes:

Go to Disney's site and click on "Contact Us' at the bottom. I haven't done enough posts yet to be able to send a link or I'd put it here. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter