It's time for....DISNEY CONFESSIONS

We're lucky enough to have a trip to WDW coming up in August which we've been planning for five years. We now watch a Disney movie with my 3 year old nephew every week to indoctrinate him...lol...

That's just good parenting!

I tell newbies that Tonys is the best restaurant on property. Then I just laugh and laugh.

And that's just cruel. Funny, but cruel. I've heard Pete's description of the sauce...... ;)

HOW do you do this?!

How do I have the Monorail spiel on my computer? I found it somewhere online, I can't remember where. Do you have a Windows computer? If you go to C:/Windows/Media on your hard drive, the media folder is where you can keep sounds. Create a Folder in the Media folder, mine is called WDW Sounds. Then you put the .Mp3 sound clips in that folder. To use them, you...keeping in mind I only have Windows 7...right click on the screen, choose Personalize, then Sounds. You should get a list of computer events you can change or add sounds for. For "Exit Windows" I chose the monorail spiel "Please Stand Clear of the Doors-Por Favor, etc." For "Windows Logon," I chose the spiel in my post. It's fun to personalize your sounds! If you want the spiels, please don't hesitate to message me. If you feel comfortable giving me your email address in a message, I'll send you a zip file with them. :)

Most of my secrets are out as my DW is not much of a Disney fan. So most of my abnormal behavior is considered normal in her mind at this point.

I do have an iPod that is dedicated to Disney music. Soundtracks, park music etc... I listen to it on the plane and in hotel rooms whenever I travel. Without the DW of course. At least most of the time.:rotfl2:

I do so many of the things that have already been written!
I save park maps from all of our trips. I keep a few of the maps in various drawers and purses and tote bags that I've taken on a trip. It's fun to find one that I haven't seen in a while! Sometimes when I am in the car waiting for my daughter to get done with practice I will pull out a map from of my purse and look at it while listening to park music.

I do so many of the things that have already been written!
I save park maps from all of our trips. I keep a few of the maps in various drawers and purses and tote bags that I've taken on a trip. It's fun to find one that I haven't seen in a while! Sometimes when I am in the car waiting for my daughter to get done with practice I will pull out a map from of my purse and look at it while listening to park music.
I have all of the maps plus all of the resort documents from all of our trips going back to 1993. I also have most of the times guides. It's fun to look through when I need a fix.

I bought my self "Epcot shoes" (Adidas Neo's with the pattern of spaceship earth on them), and I wear them to class just about everyday!

Sometimes I go to the parks and have fastpasses and don't use them. :oops: I get so caught up in just sitting in a great spot listening to the great music you are all talking about with a snack or fun drink and don't want to move. But I sit there staring at the ride that I have a fastpass for and I feel so guilty because I know there are people in Indiana and New Jersey and Kentucky who would love to have the chance to go on that ride at that moment and I'm just throwing away my spot like a kid throwing away half his uneaten Mickey ice cream bar. :eek:

Does anyone else wear their old magic bands and pretend that they scan them to open doors? I might have made the little beeping sound after holding the Mickey up to the door.

Oh I almost forgot my favorite! I love setting up my projector in the backyard and watching wishes projected on the back of my house. Last time all the neighbor kids brought blankets and popcorn/food and enjoyed the show. Its so magical.

Last edited:
Sometimes I go to the parks and have fastpasses and don't use them. :oops: I get so caught up in just sitting in a great spot listening to the great music you are all talking about with a snack or fun drink and don't want to move. But I sit there staring at the ride that I have a fastpass for and I feel so guilty because I know there are people in Indiana and New Jersey and Kentucky who would love to have the chance to go on that ride at that moment and I'm just throwing away my spot like a kid throwing away half his uneaten Mickey ice cream bar. :eek:
@bamacmac Hey - I say "good for you" - you planned, worked very hard, and waited for a long time to be in a position to feel like you COULD do just that, if you WANTED to. So - have at it, good for you, and "do the magic" YOUR way, honey!! :) :)

I make my staff guess the wait times for the rides when it's slow at work. I tell them things like,
-"Now remember, it's a Friday, in March, at 6pm and it's raining right now..sooooo how long would SDMT be?"
-"Ummmm, I don't know, like, 3 hours?"
-"WHAT? No!! Have you learned nothing?? Trick Question!!! Its CLOSED, I said it's raining!!!!"

They HATE this game.:rotfl2:

best boss ever!!

Oh I almost forgot my favorite! I love setting up my projector in the backyard and watching wishes projected on the back of my house. Last time all the neighbor kids brought blankets and popcorn/food and enjoyed the show. Its so magical.

You just put me in the mood to go on my Itunes and watch my recording of Wishes. I'll miss it when it's gone. Btw...Go Royals! :)

Does anyone else wear their old magic bands and pretend that they scan them to open doors? I might have made the little beeping sound after holding the Mickey up to the door.

That sounds so fabulous! I need a neighbor like you!

I just remembered-- my husband saved all his receipts in his wallet after the last trip. He said they had that Disney smell!

This reminds me of another one of mine. We bought my daughter a Mickey head soap bar from Basin White and our room smelled like it the whole trip. I have a small chunk saved in a plastic bag in the closet, a quick smell takes us back!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter