It's time for....DISNEY CONFESSIONS

My family will always bring me back a gift if they visit the parks. Like my cousin went to DLP recently and brought me back an Aurora mug. It's incredibly thoughtful, and probably a sign I talk about Disney too much!

Also, does anyone get really irritated when people get facts about the parks wrong? Because I do. I was talking to a guest a work yesterday, who told me how much she LOVED going to Florida. She then proceeded to call DHS, MGM about 500 times, and "Epcot Centre," told me all about the Jaws ride at US that's definitely still there, plus a lot of other attractions that 500% don't exist any more. Pretty sure the last time this woman even thought about a Disney Park was 1994. I literally had to bite my tongue to remind myself I was on the clock and giving her a stern lecture about how wrong she was, was probably frowned upon!

Also, does anyone get really irritated when people get facts about the parks wrong? Because I do.

Yes. Yes. Yes. A million times yes.

I was at a birthday gathering recently, and this dope was sitting on the couch spouting off all about WDW, and said the following:

-"Did you know that they're turning that BIG BALL at Epcot into a Death Star ride?"
-"Yeah, Space Mountain goes upside down."
-"You can stay in Cinderella's Castle now....like, you can literally SPEND THE NIGHT".

NOTE: It doesn't bother me if people get WDW facts wrong if they're at least humble about it, like "I thought I read somewhere that ________". There are four parks and tons of attractions/restaurants/resorts/shows, it's easy to get mixed up.

The problem was the attitude behind He stated them with such certainty and an air of arrogance about it, like he was one of the freaking Kingdom Keepers. After the first dumb statement, I basically cracked my knuckles and started refuting him with surgeon-like precision and efficiency. I was pleasant enough, so as not to detract from the celebratory mood of the birthday gathering, but I did drop the mic multiple times in a row.

After the last one, he basically sat there stone-faced, like when Papa Doc had nothing to say back to B. Rabbit during the last rap battle in "8 Mile".

Felt bad for the guy afterwards, but at least he got some ice cream and cake a few minutes later.

Last edited:
I listen to Disney podcasts and Disney music (from the parks and movies) at work. I watch Youtube videos of rides and parades. I check wait times and the weather in Orlando. I irritate my family with random facts I've learned through reading or podcasts. I obsessively visit the Disney Store website.

Speaking of the Kingdom Keepers...I'm 25 and I love those books.

When my husband isn't home, this video is running on the TV in the living room....when he IS home and I'm working on my laptop, it's running on my iPad Pro next to my laptop.

Yes. Yes. Yes. A million times yes.

I was at a birthday gathering recently, and this dope was sitting on the couch spouting off all about WDW, and said the following:

-"Did you know that they're turning that BIG BALL at Epcot into a Death Star ride?"
-"Yeah, Space Mountain goes upside down."
-"You can stay in Cinderella's Castle now....like, you can literally SPEND THE NIGHT".

NOTE: It doesn't bother me if people get WDW facts wrong if they're at least humble about it, like "I thought I read somewhere that ________". There are four parks and tons of attractions/restaurants/resorts/shows, it's easy to get mixed up.

The problem was the attitude behind He stated them with such certainty and an air of arrogance about it, like he was one of the freaking Kingdom Keepers. After the first dumb statement, I basically cracked my knuckles and started refuting him with surgeon-like precision and efficiency. I was pleasant enough, so as not to detract from the celebratory mood of the birthday gathering, but I did drop the mic multiple times in a row.

After the last one, he basically sat there stone-faced, like when Papa Doc had nothing to say back to B. Rabbit during the last rap battle in "8 Mile".

Felt bad for the guy afterwards, but at least he got some ice cream and cake a few minutes later.

:rotfl2:

I confess to going on the WDW site and making reservations on different hotels, just to check the prices and dates available. I never go through with them,and always delete it before confirming, and just like to look at them and dream. when it gets closer to vacation time, I contact my TA, but I also get on the sites and look at the availability and prices. My TA always gets me better deals than doing it myself.

Also, does anyone get really irritated when people get facts about the parks wrong? Because I do.

I'm known at my work as the Disney person. I feel like 50% of the people in talk to have lots of wrong info and I'm always shocked my their confidence in their lack of knowledge. But, nothing is more shocking to me as I work in the medical field and the amount of people that talk at me, not to me, with medical "facts" that couldn't be more wrong. I love to go to work and share the stories with my peers. Given the many people in my life that apparently got a medical degree on the side when they were stay at home moms 30-60 years ago, I've become an expert at holding my tongue :rolleyes1

Let's see...

I listen to D-Cot at work. I mostly listen to Fantasmic, Soarin, the MK welcome show, Philharmagic and a Disneyland parade - Party something - I can't think of the name. I also listen to Splash Mt and CoP.

I plan trips that I will never take.

I check FP availability just to see what is out there.

:tink:I check ride times, listen to not only Disney soundtracks, but all the parks music (to include parks overseas), but I watch POVs for the rides and I have the nightly routine of catching up with the Dis before bed. :ccat:

I listen to a few Disney podcasts, occasionally have the park background loop playing while I'm at work (particularly Epcot), and check the wait times occasionally. I don't have an active trip planned, but I briefly tried to plan a short notice trip on my own for my birthday (couldn't do it for less than $1,000 :sad2:) and any brief mention of going to Disney sends me on a planning spree

Oh, and potentially the weirdest (and my favorite) thing is that I created a large sculpture of Figment complete with lights inside. He barely fits in the back of my SUV with his tail (My work does an illuminated procession and it was my excuse to infuse my love of Figment into work :figment:)
That Figment totally rocks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter