It's time for....DISNEY CONFESSIONS

I'm preplanning a WDW-trip on a budget I'd hope to do at the end of 2018 for months now and simultaneously planning for when I win the lottery (including in how to buy dvc although I don't nearly have the money to buy dvc at the moment or in the near future). I watch multiple podcasts on youtube en talk way to much about it to friends and family (and they tell me I do), even though I believe I'm holding back. My girlfriend especially gets annoyed real soon when I keep talking about a trip we might to at the eind of next year. Not so much because she doesn't like Disney (we both have the goal of visiting every Disney park in the world) but more the fact that we have to wait so long for it to happen (and it is still not sure if we can afford it by then).

* I listen to WDW attraction or area loops
* I recreate Disney food at home and look at menus to get ideas for meals

* I sometimes watch POV videos of rides

* I watch the Dis podcasts
* My bike is Haunted Mansion themed.

We are on our annual beach trip, bough my son some Mickey mouse Crocs from the outlet store and i am going to play the monirail voice when we get in the car to go home in a little while. Our next trip is to Disney world!!!!!! My wife thinks that a 52 year old should not be so obsessed with a Disney trip.thats all I talk about.

I played the monorail voice when we got in the car to come home and I got a funny look. I then played a loop of the main street music. I plan on having special t-shirts made. I am getting the in room celebration for my kids. My daughter is 17 and my little man is 15 months, oth have never been. Little man just loves his Mickey Crocs I git his this weekend, I have a Disney count down calendar in the living room and every Saturday me and little man change the weeks till Disney on it.

After particularly tough days at work, I crank up my Disney play list and sing on the top of my lungs while sitting in bumper-to-bumper traffic. I've channeled my inner Elsa and "Let it Go" more times than I can count. Have gotten a few strange looks before from nearby drivers :P

And this one is not such a secret - named one of my twin girls Aurora after my favorite princess :-)
Awesome! How did you choose which twin was your favorite though?

Last edited:

Look for any excuse to talk Disney with anyone, then regret it cause they just aren't as obsessed as I am

OH MAN, I am so with you. I recently was asked by a friend if I would do a write up about Disney World for him to motivate them for a time when he would take his family to WDW someday. So finally I hunkered down and a couple weeks later I sent him what turned out to be a 50+ page email with every tidbit of information I could think of to tell him about without spoiling the trip, and interspersed with pictures only of trips that I had personally taken. I asked him about it a couple days ago and he said he hasn't read it yet. :guilty: I promptly told my wife later that I needed to find some sort of Disney fanatics group that I could do meetups with or something. It's hard to believe that I haven't found anyone that even has a remote sliver of the interest that I have in it.

Oh I almost forgot my favorite! I love setting up my projector in the backyard and watching wishes projected on the back of my house. Last time all the neighbor kids brought blankets and popcorn/food and enjoyed the show. Its so magical.

WOW! This is great! I recently got all the pieces together to have outdoor movie nights in our backyard (including a big 180" screen!!), so I'll have to start the evening with a fireworks display as the appetizer. :D

I'd post a pic of my "Big Thunder Mountain" tattoo, but I don't want to get banned from the boards.

I check ride wait times all the time, listen to the Wishes soundtrack at work, plan a vacation that I'm not actually going to go on (and then ultimately guilt myself and DH to book a trip again even though its not in the budget that year).

Also, I get upset when I see people on my FB post that they are going to Disney and think "how dare they not consult with me? I could have planned them the best trip EVER!"

Nearly every night my husband and I watch Disney YouTube channels, including The DIS of course. We love watching new things about Disney and watching other peoples Vlogs when they take trips to Disney. I don't even know why we have cable anymore. :laughing:

Also at work I listen to Disney Parks music on a daily basis and while I take walks in the evening.

I also try to wear something Disney ever day, usually jewelry.

It just makes the days a little brighter to have a little Disney in them every day.

Getting married, WDW honeymoon, DF loves Disney, we've never been there together. She knows I am obsessed with WDW but I don't know if it has sunk in for her yet - I have no interest in virtually any other kind of vacation and we're likely going annually. Don't care about the beach, don't really care about national parks other than the one I already live in, don't really care too much about traveling.

I listen to at least 4 podcasts, Disney radio, watch POV rides with the kids and cook Disney themed dinners for the family. I am currently planning a trip so I'm constantly on disboards and the DisneyWorld site.

I talk about Disney World everyday.. I say Honey, she says if it's about Disney World I don't want to hear it.
We have never been to Animal Kingdom and I already promised her on our next trip I would get a room over looking the animals, she has no idea that might be next year!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter