***Hey, Hey! Come right in and plan, OFFICIAL OCTOBER 2017 thread!!!***

I just want to vent a little. So we're 18 days out and I've come down with a case of benign-something-or-other-vertigo. Basically dizziness and tipsiness with 0% of the fun. Apparently caused by some sinus congestion in my inner ears. Fabulous! So I'm hoping I can get this in order before it's time to go on some rollercoasters. Otherwise I'm going to be a real bummed out lady. /vent off
Have you tried motion sickness pills (like Dramamine)?
I once had horrible vertigo that was worse when I closed my eyes. My significant other at the time suggested the pill and it did help. If you want to try another OTC, allergy pills have helped me significantly with sinus colds too. If your thing isn't the ear rocks, the meds may help. Please be sure to space the meds far apart if you need to try both. I am not a doctor, just my own experiences and a significant other that attends med school.

Does anyone else hate this "limbo" period? "60 days" mark has passed, plans finalized, final payment made, Magic Bands are still a week from shipping. We leave 35 days from today and every day is now crawling by. Is it too early to start packing? :snail:
It is like the hump day from Hades. It was the slow crawl from 60 days to 30 that started my shopping addiction and my issue with shifting my ADR's and FP's around.

Interesting Information for those of us whose reservations were impacted due to Irma:

I checked my FP+ page today and found a general use FP for 7DMT. I had lost this FP due to Irma and changing my reservation to October. It is a 1 use FP for the people who had the original FP and is valid for our length of stay.
I DID NOT REQUEST THIS. I never mentioned my FPs while changing my reservation, nor have I done any sort of follow-up.
These fastpasses popped up out of nowhere. I'm thinking someone at Disney is manually giving people back their FPs due to Irma changes. This is not confirmed, but my own hypothesis.

Yes, they are. I confirmed with a CM when I had to change my reservations too :) I'm just viewing this as getting my magic bands SUPER early lol
That is awesome! I have not gotten anything like that in my account. I had 7DMT before and Several FOP before Irma. It would be awesome to get one for sure! But I'd love to get one for FOP as that sucker has been impossible to replace!

Thanks for the heads up Farro - I may have misssed that otherwise. The 7am MK emh on the 20th works well for us. We're flying in from UK on the 18th, so with a 5 hour time difference to adjust to we'll no doubt be up very early anyway.

I dont know if they didnt release any more FOP with hours increase or if they got snatched up that quickly. I was thinking that I would move my FOP time to right before closing but there was nothing for the extended hours when I looked yesterday. Glad I have the time I got.

I dont know if they didnt release any more FOP with hours increase or if they got snatched up that quickly. I was thinking that I would move my FOP time to right before closing but there was nothing for the extended hours when I looked yesterday. Glad I have the time I got.
They definitely released more, I checked about moving mine and there were several times available. It's so high in demand though I bet they were gone super fast. Sorry it didn't work out for you, I'm glad you have one to fallback on!

Does anyone else hate this "limbo" period? "60 days" mark has passed, plans finalized, final payment made, Magic Bands are still a week from shipping. We leave 35 days from today and every day is now crawling by. Is it too early to start packing? :snail:

THIS haha! arriving late on Sat. 21OCT18 I still have a shirt to make for my friend and myself (luckily we don't mind matching, so it's less brainpower)...and creatively packing so I can have room for all the candy I'm bringing home...carry on luggage only.

Fastpasses posted for the new hours. FoP and 7dmt, grab while you can!

THANK YOU!! I just changed all three of our days because I found FoP in the evening on day 1!! :dancer:YESSS!! We just want a couple of quick AK rides so now I have a whole new plan :rotfl2:

Sunday: Rope Drop MK, on the way out upgrade to/activate my AP (first time ever!!), Monorail to EP for F&W, head over to AK for Dinosaur (nbd if we don't make it in time for this FP+), Everest (also missable FP+, 2 adults so we can single rider line this if we are just "stuck" at F&W lol), FoP and possibly a short wait time for NRJ!! Then bus to the Poly to finish out at Trader Sam's (tradition!)

Monday: we were going to EMH RD AK but now we don't have to do that! RD DHS, crush through our rides, then to EP for more F&W, monorail to MK for fireworks and later hours, leave whenever

Tues: MK day! possibly pop over to any last F&W stuff we need and then back to MK for MNSSHP :dance3:

Wed: leave at an absolutely ridiculously early hour for the airport, pray for sleep on the plane

WIN!!!

Looks like Blizzard Beach closing a week earlier too. Last day open is Saturday 21st October.

Trying to decide whether to switch my days around so that we can still do BB before it closes or just go to Typhoon Lagoon instead. Original plan was to do both water parks as my kids enjoy them alot. If I change my days around I could do BB on what was going to be my AK day and AK on what would have been the BB day. I can get the FP+ I want but not the ADR's I originally had. Decisions, decisions!!!

Somehow the extended hours have made my trip more real than anything else!! We haven't been rope droppers for many years and later hours fit our touring style to a T.
Has anyone noticed that Monday, October 16th MK closing time is listed as midnight? This is without EMH. It is still listed as 9 pm on my Crowd Tracker at TP, even though all the other opening and closing times match MDE.

Somehow the extended hours have made my trip more real than anything else!! We haven't been rope droppers for many years and later hours fit our touring style to a T.
Has anyone noticed that Monday, October 16th MK closing time is listed as midnight? This is without EMH. It is still listed as 9 pm on my Crowd Tracker at TP, even though all the other opening and closing times match MDE.

Monday the 23rd is a 11pm close with no emh, so I think midnight is accurate. TP will likely get everything updated in a day or 2.

I didn't see any additional FOP last night for our dates available when I checked, but people must be moving theirs around because I just got a FOP for our AK night!!!!! :cool1: I also saw a 2nd showing of ROL was added so I changed our FP to that one!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter