***Hey, Hey! Come right in and plan, OFFICIAL OCTOBER 2017 thread!!!***

We got home at 10pm last night. Our trip was AMAZING! So many magical things went just our way. From weather to bonus FastPasses to thoughtful CMs. Just a simply magical week! I'm pinching myself about how wonderful it all was.

Thanks to all of you for helping with the planning tips and for being excited alongside of me! I hope those of you who are still there have a great time!!

It is sort of windy today. Sitting at the Contemporary main pool in my cabana. I am not freezing...just a little cool. May need to transition to the sun soon.

Glad I came prepared for the party tonight. It is supposed to cool down more than it is right now. At least it won’t be hot....

At the airport heading home. Was a great trip even if we got so tired at the end that I canceled a bunch of our last ADRs. Skippers Canteen and Kona will just have to wait for another trip. Glad we canceled the SWAGS dessert party too, we were able get a fine spot in front of Hollywood Brown Derby just as it was starting, and a full dinner at H&V was a better value for us, from the dessert choices there we each had just one or two bites. Bone tired and not sure when we will come back. I think at least 2, probably closer to 3 years. Was great planning with you all!

We just got back from our 7 day trip and it was so magical and hands down, one of our best Disney vacations yet. So many CMs went out of their way to make sure we had an excellent experience, we got some bonus Fastpasses, and our itinerary went perfectly and made everything go so smooth. Had rain one night while in Magic Kingdom but we made the best of it. The rest of the days were fabulous.

I really didn’t understand everyone’s “flight of passage is the best ride ever” comments until I actually experienced it and oh.my.gosh. It was the best ride I have ever been on and already can’t wait for our next trip to ride it again. I was very pleased with Pandora in general.

We’ve gone in October the last 10 years and I definitely see that crowds are getting worse this month. I really couldn’t believe the difference. And so many kids, I didn’t think there were many school breaks at this time so we were really surprised. We may reevaluate and go during another month next time. Although a cast member that lives local told us there really is no “off season” anymore. Lol so we’ll see.

Now to upload pictures and try to beat the Post- Disney depression blues!

We just got back from our 7 day trip and it was so magical and hands down, one of our best Disney vacations yet. So many CMs went out of their way to make sure we had an excellent experience, we got some bonus Fastpasses, and our itinerary went perfectly and made everything go so smooth. Had rain one night while in Magic Kingdom but we made the best of it. The rest of the days were fabulous.

I really didn’t understand everyone’s “flight of passage is the best ride ever” comments until I actually experienced it and oh.my.gosh. It was the best ride I have ever been on and already can’t wait for our next trip to ride it again. I was very pleased with Pandora in general.

We’ve gone in October the last 10 years and I definitely see that crowds are getting worse this month. I really couldn’t believe the difference. And so many kids, I didn’t think there were many school breaks at this time so we were really surprised. We may reevaluate and go during another month next time. Although a cast member that lives local told us there really is no “off season” anymore. Lol so we’ll see.

Now to upload pictures and try to beat the Post- Disney depression blues!
Completely agree. We’ve been going in October for a while and crowds have been steadily getting heavier. This year was the worst by far. Though I suspect some of that was due to hurricane reschedules. But there’s definity no “low crowd” time anymore! Ironically, for us at least, we love October for the cooler temps...but this year we also had near-summer heat. :(

Completely agree. We’ve been going in October for a while and crowds have been steadily getting heavier. This year was the worst by far. Though I suspect some of that was due to hurricane reschedules. But there’s definity no “low crowd” time anymore! Ironically, for us at least, we love October for the cooler temps...but this year we also had near-summer heat. :(

Agreed! It was 48 degrees one day but yesterday was 82 degrees! Strange weather indeed!

I am on my way home. Stopped overnight in Macon. Will make the rest of the trip tomorrow. I already miss Disney. Already planning my next trip for next December.

I think October trips are over for now. I am going to try to do my first trip report (without pictures because I can’t figure out how to post pictures) when I get home.

I really had a good time. Staying at BLT has spoiled me though. I already told my sister we would be trying Grand Floridian next. I am also really thinking about DVC.

I hate that October is over. I really enjoyed this thread. ❤️❤️❤️

I am on my way home. Stopped overnight in Macon. Will make the rest of the trip tomorrow. I already miss Disney. Already planning my next trip for next December.

I think October trips are over for now. I am going to try to do my first trip report (without pictures because I can’t figure out how to post pictures) when I get home.

I really had a good time. Staying at BLT has spoiled me though. I already told my sister we would be trying Grand Floridian next. I am also really thinking about DVC.

I hate that October is over. I really enjoyed this thread. ❤️❤️❤️

Same feeling here, October was fun but December might be a good choice too. If you're thinking about DVC, check out the DVC forums here to get yourself some info on all the ins and outs. I bought resale earlier this year and love it already.

Back at work :(

Had a great trip overall - had the very cold weather, followed up by the very hot - and I will take cold any day over the heat.

Crowds were much heavier than I anticipated but still had a great trip, didn't wait for anything more than 20-30 minutes, just had a good plan with what rides to hit when.... and we let our daughter dictate which rides she wanted to go on a lot, which luckily they didn't have waits.

Upgraded to annual passes while we were there - if we go for one weekend in the next 12 months it'll pay for itself so makes sense.

Also, I think I'm done with the meal plan - we had to try to force food to get through our quick service and snacks...even with food and wine we ended up spending 19 snack credits in the gift shop as we were heading out.

Also, I think I'm done with the meal plan - we had to try to force food to get through our quick service and snacks...even with food and wine we ended up spending 19 snack credits in the gift shop as we were heading out.

Yeah, us too, even with food and wine we had 5 left over, partially because my DH didn't understand when and how to use credits when he wasn't with me. Didn't even use them in the gift shop because we were in a hurry to get to the airport. Also the QS credits couldn't be used on the order-ahead app which meant waiting in LONG lines at Columbia Harbour House and Satuli Canteen.

Same feeling here, October was fun but December might be a good choice too. If you're thinking about DVC, check out the DVC forums here to get yourself some info on all the ins and outs. I bought resale earlier this year and love it already.

I loved our last December trip, the week before Xmas 20-25 had lighter crowds than late October, not that I really minded the crowds this trip except for waiting for the monorail. Plus the holiday decorations and the holiday parade during daylight hours without having to pay for MVMCP, and early opening hours were great if you've got young early risers. The only thing I would miss about October would be F&W.

I downloaded all my Memory Maker photos which is when the trip is officially over, don't forget to do that if you bought MM! Was great planning with you all!

I loved our last December trip, the week before Xmas 20-25 had lighter crowds than late October, not that I really minded the crowds this trip except for waiting for the monorail. Plus the holiday decorations and the holiday parade during daylight hours without having to pay for MVMCP, and early opening hours were great if you've got young early risers. The only thing I would miss about October would be F&W.

I'm looking into that time period for 2019, depending on the school calendar. They always keep them too close to Christmas, in my opinion, only to go back well after the 1st of January. Makes no sense! I really just want to experience the parks in all their Christmas decor so I guess we could do Thanksgiving as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter