***Hey, Hey! Come right in and plan, OFFICIAL OCTOBER 2017 thread!!!***

Have you tried motion sickness pills (like Dramamine)?
I once had horrible vertigo that was worse when I closed my eyes. My significant other at the time suggested the pill and it did help. If you want to try another OTC, allergy pills have helped me significantly with sinus colds too. If your thing isn't the ear rocks, the meds may help. Please be sure to space the meds far apart if you need to try both. I am not a doctor, just my own experiences and a significant other that attends med school.

No I haven't tried those yet but I did purchase some anyway. I have some allegra and the antihistimines prescribed by the clinic doc. I don't think it's the stones either, I used a neti pot again last night and that significantly helped. Thankfully this happened now vs on the plane or in the middle of a ride. That could have the potential for major embarrassment!

So happy about the extended hours! I wasn't able to do much last night because I was in NYC seeing Aladdin the Musical (at least it was still Disney). Moved some things around this morning and got more FP+. Glad I was still in my 30+ window :-)
Woohoo! I'm also really happy about the later hours! I was bummed about the 9m MK nights as my sept nights had some great late MK closings. So happy now, I love MK at night!

That is awesome! I have not gotten anything like that in my account. I had 7DMT before and Several FOP before Irma. It would be awesome to get one for sure! But I'd love to get one for FOP as that sucker has been impossible to replace!
I'm sure it would hurt to inquire if they might be able to help with those lost fastpasses :)

I didn't see any additional FOP last night for our dates available when I checked, but people must be moving theirs around because I just got a FOP for our AK night!!!!! :cool1: I also saw a 2nd showing of ROL was added so I changed our FP to that one!

I did the same exact thing with RoL! I will do a regular Tiffins lunch instead of a RoL dining package. Now I can take my time getting back to AK at night and use a discount on the meal. Second shows are always less crowded!

I may be pretty behind on this, but did anyone notice 2 things that changed recently.

MK will be open at 8am now some days in October.
RoL will be everyday starting halfway through October.

I was able to get an 8am 7DMT FPP today!! And make some other adjustments.

I think I may be more excited than my kids!! :mickeyjum

Now that we are 22 days out, and I am unable to do any packing as of yet. I finally put down in my "book" our schedule. It has been very weird to not have any ADR's this trip. Here is what we have:

10/8: Arrive at 5:30ish. Take ME to the resort and rush over to EPCOT. Frozen Ever After at 7:05-8:05 & Spaceship Earth 8:05-9:05 & FOOD!
10/9: MK day! BTMRR/HM/Pirates FP's for the mid-late afternoon. MNSSHP this night.
10/10: AK day! Everest/River Journey/ROL FP's, late afternoon evening. Stand in line for FOP, as I could not find any FP's.
10/11: EPCOT day! Spaceship/Living/Test Track FP's midmorning/early afternoon & FOOD! MK for the Fireworks dessert party in the evening
10/12: HS day! TOT/ST/Fantasmic! FP's mid/late afternoon.
10/13: EPCOT day! Spaceship(my fav)/Figment/Illuminations & FOOD!
10/14: Open day, probably shopping. Our flight leaves at 5 pm, so ME should get us around 1ish, so possibly MK or EPCOT.

We are not rope drop people, so no early mornings for us. I am sure we will end up at Saana, we have been able to walk up before, it is the hubs favorite. I will keep looking for FOP, but I want to see the que, so I don't mind waiting in line.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!!!

I am soooo ready for this trip. If I can make it until the 27th of October (my pack the car and head south day) without quitting my job that will be a miracle. Thankfully everything is paid for. LOL.

Work is killing me and the only thing I have to look forward to is completing planning for my trip and actually going.

Just changed all our evening HS fastpasses to MK morning ones to grab a SDMT FP since our BOG PPO is now useless. Fingers crossed we can get a 4th and 5th FP for Star Tours and ToT. Looks like Disney is really expecting the parks to be packed. Just grateful hours haven't changed for Epcot. I'm kind of tempted to keep the BOG now that we have FP for SDMT and PP, and preorder and eat quickly.

Some small tiny part of me is slightly disappointed in the longer hours. But why?! Oh because of all the sleep I'm going to miss now :rolleyes1 I think I might have to ditch some rope drop for some later nights. I could do open to close but my family might revolt. :rotfl:

My fellow Disney lunatics, I must share all the changes I just made rapid-fire due to the changes in park hours because my husband can't stand to listen to me talk about it anymore.

Originally we had only planned 3 park days, planning to upgrade our tickets and hop on Sunday the 29th from MK to HS. This was, now that I look back at it, a terrible plan, because I have two littles and a Disney Scrooge husband who would have been out of their minds at the end of the night, especially once hopped up on all the sugar at the SWAGS dessert party. So, at like midnight last night, I resigned myself to giving up our DHS evening and just going to MK that morning with the SDMT FP we were able to get from 8am-9am. But then overnight it occurred to me, why not just go to MK on our checkout day? We're staying at the Poly and can hop on monorail. So I added a day to our tickets, which was cheaper than turning them into hoppers. AND I was able to find an 9-10am SDMT FP on that day! :dogdance::yay::cool1::bounce::jumping1:

I have to thank @Farro, because if I hadn't known about the change in park hours I wouldn't have done all this. Now we get an extra park day! We'll just go to the pool Sunday morning instead. :disrocks:

Last edited:
My fellow Disney lunatics, I must share all the changes I just made rapid-fire due to the changes in park hours because my husband can't stand to listen to me talk about it anymore.

Originally we had only planned 3 park days, planning to upgrade our tickets and hop on Sunday the 29th from MK to HS. This was, now that I look back at it, a terrible plan, because I have two littles and a Disney Scrooge husband who would have been out of their minds at the end of the night, especially once hopped up on all the sugar at the SWAGS dessert party. So, at like midnight last night, I resigned myself to giving up our DHS evening and just going to MK that morning with the SDMT FP we were able to get from 8am-9am. But then overnight it occurred to me, why not just go to MK on our checkout day? We're staying at the Poly and can hop on monorail. So I added a day to our tickets, which was cheaper than turning them into hoppers. AND I was able to find an 9-10am SDMT FP on that day! :dogdance::yay::cool1::bounce::jumping1:

I have to thank @Farro, because if I hadn't known about the change in park hours I wouldn't have done all this. Now we get an extra park day! We'll just go to the pool Sunday morning instead. :disrocks:
I love how these added hours are getting everyone excited and able to add things they didn't think they'd be able to! Extra park visit is always great!! I keep shifting and adjusting things since the hours were announced and it's so much fun!

So it's October and it can be hot or cold, I'm bring lots of options for 10 days! I started panicking that I wouldn't be able to fit everything so I did a test run....it fits! And Micky can pack some stuff too! ;)

I still have a few things left to pack (more shoes, pj's, jacket) but there's plenty of room.

One thing I don't have to worry about. :) Except now I have to put it all back, I'm still wearing everything...

21586503_2048490762052402_2681272717147336657_o.jpg

So it's October and it can be hot or cold, I'm bring lots of options for 10 days! I started panicking that I wouldn't be able to fit everything so I did a test run....it fits! And Micky can pack some stuff too! ;)
I still have a few things left to pack (more shoes, pj's, jacket) but there's plenty of room.

One thing I don't have to worry about. :) Except now I have to put it all back, I'm still wearing everything...

View attachment 270181
Oh my gosh Farro you are cracking me up with this test run. I have to pack for 4 girls ages 3, 5, 8 & 10. I make my oldest make lists for each girl with what they will be wearing each day....then my 8 year old goes and pulls each outfit. Then i add underwear, shoes, bathing suits, cover ups, headbands and bows, toiletries. It's the only way to keep my sanity and not overpack. The best is after all this craziness goes on with packing for 4 girls and myself I look at my husband who's usually laying down and ask "are you going to pack?" His response is usually "It'll take me 2 minutes". After he packs I ask "did you pack underwear, bathing suit, socks?"
"Oh I forgot":worship:

My trip is all adults (no hubs-I am going with his mom and sister thought LOL). So I am only responsible for ME in packing and getting ready!! Except for DME tags and MB's for everyone as I am the organizer for the trip. It has been years since I have been kid free at Disney! Except the DD I am going to visit there-she has the days off approved on her schedule so I hope they stay that way. And MK hours (other than party nights) are much longer than summer hours this year!
IF I can talk the crew into it we may rope drop an AK morning to to get a shorter wait for FoP...I haven't done FP as 2 of our party are using DD's CM passes and she has to be there to let them in. Can't really plan days when unsure of schedule...but we are there primarily for Food& Wine anyway.

View attachment 270181

That is just like me!! I will do my first dry run probably this weekend (don't leave till Oct. 27th). Then the suitcase will be left out for me to add things as I need to.

Just got back from my last trip to Chicago for the year. So I need to do an inventory of all toiletries and personal items and restock. I already know I need to track down some more 100spf sunscreen.

I already know I probably be taking two suitcases and an overnight bag.

The thing is I have to hide my packing from my niece and sister. They have no idea I am going and when they find out I have a feeling I will be an Unpopular person.

I started packing today for our trip in 2 weeks. The week that we leave it is gonna be real humdinger at work, particularly the day before we leave, so it made sense to start now.

I pulled the WDW Prepschool packing list as a guide and I got started. I packed all my toiletries, medicines, sunblock, stuff the we got specifically for the trip, my travel documents, my magic bands, my MDE info, MNSSHP costumes, hair ties, Pajamas and about half of the clothes we need (I need some of my clothes to wear over the next 2 weeks), our ponchos, our lanyards, our water bottles and their carrying bags. SO MUCH STUFF and I am still not done yet. I am also trying to contain everything in 2 carry on bags and 2 personal item sized bags so that we dont have to deal with checked luggage....I am tired now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter