For those who have gone to the parks recently... what’s the “unofficial“ time they are letting people in/starting rides? Last I saw was about an hour before official park open, but is that still right? Trying to plan out our rope drop strategy and don’t want to get there too early or too late. Thanks!

For those who have gone to the parks recently... what’s the “unofficial“ time they are letting people in/starting rides? Last I saw was about an hour before official park open, but is that still right? Trying to plan out our rope drop strategy and don’t want to get there too early or too late. Thanks!
Yes, still about 45 minutes to an hour.

Were you at Disney Springs during the day or in the evening. We are set to be there at the end of April and are trying to decide if we should spend time there.
I was at DS back in August and felt nervous. I am not even a real worrier about Covid (most of the time). We are planning a trip in June and I will avoid DS. That is just me though. . .

Just back from our trip from 4/3-9. Some general observations.

Pros
  • Mask compliance was pretty damn good. Sure there were folks that had their noses out but for the most part, everyone was doing what was expected.
  • Line management - Disney knows how to manage a line. While some of the lines seemed long, they moved pretty quickly and only once did it truly feel like we stood in line the amount of time we were there.
  • Security changes - I LOVE THEM. I really hope they keep the 'cellphones first' method of going through the metal detectors. It really sped up entry into the parks not having to have every bag searched.
  • Mobile ordering - We've used this at DL before but really love what they are doing right now with making sure you have a mobile order before letting you take a seat in some places. The no fighting or standing around all sad with warm food while looking for a table was amazing.
  • Unofficially opening each park one hour before official opening was also great. We didn't take advantage every day but on those days we did, we absolutely got in some rides early.
  • Absolutely LOVE the Beach Club. Second time staying in a villa and we will absolutely be back. Location is great.
  • CMs were a joy and great ESPECIALLY those in Rise of the Resistance. The Imperial Officers can sass me anytime.

Cons
  • That lines for Pirates was the absolute worst for us. All the line snaking made it felt like we were never going to get to the end.
  • Disney Springs - Pure mayhem the one time we went there. Super crowded with people up in each other's business. Not our particular cup o tea.
  • Not sure if it was just bad timing on our part, but they didn't seem to be running a ton of buses to the Beach & Yacht Clubs. Twice we missed getting on a bus after waiting a long time for an initial bus to arrive because it was too full after loading those before us. Same thing happened with a Friendship boat on our last day. Filled up at Boardwalk and only had room for 3 families at our stop. We really felt the social distancing in waits on any Disney Transportation we tried to take.
  • Because of the nature of weird line dynamics, it was not always easy to see where a line was flowing and we had at least one incident where we did not see a person in line and moved beyond them. They were definitely very snotty about it. We were apologetic and moved behind the individual in question. Still, didn't feel the rudeness was called for. I'll attribute it to them being hangry and really needing that corndog they ordered.
  • Missed the fireworks. Totally understand why they are not happening and I contemplated if I should list it as a con. I ended up deciding to as fireworks on the last night is quite the tradition for us and that not being there felt...weird.

Were you at Disney Springs during the day or in the evening. We are set to be there at the end of April and are trying to decide if we should spend time there.

We spent some time at Disney Springs in both August and December and had similar experiences both times. I think it’s probably still true today. On both occasions we arrived about 10 o’clock - Wandered around, did some shopping, had a nice lunch. About 3 o’clock things started getting much more crowded. In December we did stay until about 5 and were uncomfortable at that point. So, I think if you go in the morning it will probably be fine but don’t plan for an evening there.

This morning we saw AK TS added, along with Savi’s/Droid reservations. Keep checking each morning for other parks’ ADRs to be added. This past week, Oga’s showed up on Tuesday following last Friday’s extension of hours.
Do you happen to know if they add more character dining ADRs?

Do you happen to know if they add more character dining ADRs?

The only in-park character dining I’m aware of right now is at Garden Grill and Hollywood & Vine, and I have seen both of those add ADRs for the extended hours in recent weeks.

The only in-park character dining I’m aware of right now is at Garden Grill and Hollywood & Vine, and I have seen both of those add ADRs for the extended hours in recent weeks.
At one point Cinderella was also appearing at Cinderella’s Royal Table in the MK. Does anyone know if she’s still there?

At one point Cinderella was also appearing at Cinderella’s Royal Table in the MK. Does anyone know if she’s still there?
According to some recent live streams that I’ve been watching yes she is still there.

ETA: it also appears they have modified character experience for Chef Mickey’s breakfast as well as Topilinos terrace breakfast at the Riviera resort. I believe the characters at both of these are Mickey and crew.

Last edited:
I’ll add, if you’re looking for CRT adrs, you have to do it from the website. You will not find them available in the app.

Good luck to anyone trying to add adrs as they come available!

Last edited:

I ate at CRT in March - Cinderella comes out - and socially distant - she waves and dances and walks around the outer edges of the restaurant while an automatic message about magic plays.

I was seated at the far side of the dining room near the windows - she came out near the elevator

According to some recent live streams that I’ve been watching yes she is still there.

ETA: it also appears they have modified character experience for Chef Mickey’s breakfast as well as Topilinos terrace breakfast at the Riviera resort. I believe the characters at both of these are Mickey and crew.

Disney does not consider CRT or BOG, where one character merely appears and does not walk around the entire restaurant to interact with guests, to be “character dining.” The other restaurants mentioned are not in-park and ADRs will not be added for them as a result of extended park hours.

We spent some time at Disney Springs in both August and December and had similar experiences both times. I think it’s probably still true today. On both occasions we arrived about 10 o’clock - Wandered around, did some shopping, had a nice lunch. About 3 o’clock things started getting much more crowded. In December we did stay until about 5 and were uncomfortable at that point. So, I think if you go in the morning it will probably be fine but don’t plan for an evening there.
This is so sad, we love Disney Springs restaurants, wonder why it's so crazy now, do you think it's parks closing earlier forcing more the Disney Springs?

Animal Kingdom touring help - we are doing DAK on our arrival day, and we probably wont get to the park until around noonish. Is our best bet for FOP to be at the very end of the day at that point?

Animal Kingdom touring help - we are doing DAK on our arrival day, and we probably wont get to the park until around noonish. Is our best bet for FOP to be at the very end of the day at that point?

Not necessarily. Keep checking the wait time in the app. It tends to ebb and flow somewhat during the day. You can catch a low wait time some days mid-day.

If you've been to the park in the last week, what was your bus or uber/lyft experience park hopping? Planning to hop from Epcot to MK and heard from a friend it took her an hour as she ended up waiting for the bus at EP for 40 min. I know bus service can be sporadic but this was also during Orlando/Central FL spring break week and not as of late. Have not done a park to park uber/lyft sine park reopening, is the process still the same? Head to the Uber/Lyft area at the Epcot parking lot, request a ride and then get dropped off at TTC? Thanks!

We were there 4/5 and it stayed around 60-80 mins most of the day. The mainreason to save it till the end is that with sunset at almost 8 now if you get in line around 7:45 you can be done after dark, the crowds are all gone and you can explore the stunning beauty of Pandora after dark and get some great pics.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter