Are most spring breaks over around this time though? So there will still be some crowds but maybe not quite as horrible as the last couple?
Our kids are off this week. I think this week is slower than last, but I would expect crowds to drop after this week. Who knows though, with limiting park capacity the parks might just stay close to the 35% number for quite some time.

Dan

I know lines are currently very long due to social distancing. We've never been to Pandora before. I definitely don't want to accidentally get into the Navi River Journey line instead of the Flight Of Passage line. We're going to rope drop. Will the line be clearly marked?

I know lines are currently very long due to social distancing. We've never been to Pandora before. I definitely don't want to accidentally get into the Navi River Journey line instead of the Flight Of Passage line. We're going to rope drop. Will the line be clearly marked?
I think most attractions, especially those two, will have CM stationed at the end of the lines holding signs indicating what ride you are getting in line for.
On another note, this reminds me of a comic strip I saw a long time ago of a family at Disney getting in a long line and the dad is saying “this is supposed to be the best ride here!” And the next frame shows the front of the line and it’s for the bathroom!

there’s virtually no chance of this happening, because people actually want to ride Flight of Passage at park opening. Just follow the people.

Hi! Can you tell me more about how the masks work at Blizzard? You wear them when not in the water right? How do you wear them in lines for the slides, for example? Thanks!
You wear them when you are walking in and any time you cross over the little bridges to the food areas, the restrooms, stores, or when ordering. People were stationed there all day and enforcement was strong. We say security get called to follow one women who refused to put hers on. You do not have to wear them at your chairs, in the water, in slide lines or while on slides. Lines are marked for social distance. Capacity was low. I do not think we were ever within 6 feet of someone other than maybe the lazy river. It was a fun day and I felt safe.

I think most attractions, especially those two, will have CM stationed at the end of the lines holding signs indicating what ride you are getting in line for.
On another note, this reminds me of a comic strip I saw a long time ago of a family at Disney getting in a long line and the dad is saying “this is supposed to be the best ride here!” And the next frame shows the front of the line and it’s for the bathroom!

Hopefully not the bathrooms near Mouse Gear ! :))

We went to the Conservation Station last Friday. We went early (rode FOP and Kilimanjaro Safari first) and then hopped on train with no line, just a short wait for train. Our objective was to see them performing a surgery in the clinic, and we did. Unfortunately, it was on a table further back so we really could not see much. They were doing a arthritis and dental check on a red river hog.

The 10am Animation Experience was just starting when we arrived. It was a packed crowd - I think they were drawing Timone. Parks were full last Friday so I don't know if the packed crowd was a rare occurrence, but my best guess would be to get a seat no later than 15 minutes before start time. Personally, I would take a train over around the time we did (9:50am), go check to see if they are doing a procedure, pet the animals, and relax a bit before taking in the 10:45am Animation.

When we got back to Africa, the line to Rafiki's Planet Watch was rrreeeaaalllyyy long. We picked the perfect time to go. We could have easily stayed for the next drawing session, but dd wasn't feeling it.

Good Luck!
Regarding the surgery, did you talk to anyone about a schedule beforehand or did you just happen upon it? I saw them doing a surgery on a monkey one time and it was awesome.

Regarding the surgery, did you talk to anyone about a schedule beforehand or did you just happen upon it? I saw them doing a surgery on a monkey one time and it was awesome.

Only prior knowledge we knew was to go to Conservation Station early, as that is the time they do procedures. No clue if we would get lucky, but we did. Bummer it was on a table in the back, still cool to see though. My sister went in February and got a close up view of them working on a meerkat. (tad jealous about that one ;) )

Only prior knowledge we knew was to go to Conservation Station early, as that is the time they do procedures. No clue if we would get lucky, but we did. Bummer it was on a table in the back, still cool to see though. My sister went in February and got a close up view of them working on a meerkat. (tad jealous about that one ;) )
What time was the open and when were you there for the surgery? Thanks!!

You wear them when you are walking in and any time you cross over the little bridges to the food areas, the restrooms, stores, or when ordering. People were stationed there all day and enforcement was strong. We say security get called to follow one women who refused to put hers on. You do not have to wear them at your chairs, in the water, in slide lines or while on slides. Lines are marked for social distance. Capacity was low. I do not think we were ever within 6 feet of someone other than maybe the lazy river. It was a fun day and I felt safe.
What time did you arrive?

when coming from the park entrance, heading to Pandora, the line in the left is Navi. In the right, FOP. The end of FOP queue might be on the path to Festival of Lion King (If you are coming from Africa).

You can walk a long ways before coming to the end of any line to find the sign.

I would think most spring breaks are over, yes. But looking at the park reservation calendar it seems that besides Epcot, all the parks are at capacity all month. So there won't be much easing of crowds.
Massachusetts has a state holiday, Patriots’ Day and 19 April and that week is our spring break

Hi! I'm a long time lurker of these boards, but just got back and thought I'd share our recent experience. We (Me, husband, 2 sons 9 and 11) are all pretty sad that the trip is over! We had a wonderful time and the unexpected cool weather was amazing!

Friday 4/2: Arrived at Disney Springs around noon. Immediately put our name on the virtual line for Gideon's. Estimated wait was 4.5 hours. We ate at Art Smith Homecomin' (SO GOOD!) and did some shopping at WOD. The estimated wait to get into WOD was 1 hour, but we were in within 20 mins. We had hoped to take a ride on the amphicars, but wait was over an hour and we didn't want to miss our Gideon's time. We were called about 15 mins early at 4:15 and waited in line 15 mins to get into Gideons. The cookies are worth the hype!! Checked in at the Dolphin...quick and easy check in!

Sat 4/3: MK all day! Arrived at 7:30, walked on to Space Mtn. Overall, wait times for the coasters all hovered around 40 mins despite longer wait times sometimes listed. BTMR wait times was the one we found to be most inflated. We were able to ride everything that we wanted, except for SDMT. We love that ride, but wait times were consistently about an hour. The ride is so short, it was hard to justify the hour wait. We left in the middle of the day to give our feet a rest, but waited at the TTC for the bus back to the Dolphin for 30 minutes with no luck. Thankfully the weather outside was gorgeous! Decided to cut our losses and head to the Polynesian for a dole whip. My oldest son had the specialty Easter marshmallow flavored dole whip. it was beautiful (edible glitter!), but not our favorite. The rest of us got the classic pineapple, lime, and vanilla. Then we went back to MK and enjoyed the rest of the day until our 8:45 BOG reservation. We requested to sit in the west wing (Rose room) and they accommodated. What I loved is that by the time dinner was over, the park was closed and the castle and Main St. looked beautiful! We were able to get some pictures without the crowds. My kids really enjoyed being there after hours and the way the park transformed after dark.

Sun 4/4: We arrived at Animal Kingdom at by 7:30 and headed to FOP. The estimated wait time was already at 45 mins and we waited 45 minutes. Went to Everest next and rode it twice with wait times at approx 15 mins. Hit up the Safari,
Gorillas, and Dinosaur before heading out. We then took a bus to HS for a late lunch at Sci Fi Drive in. We stayed at HS until park close and were able to do every ride we wanted except SDD (it was down for a while). We got in line for TOT right at park close and once again, it was really cool to walk out to a very empty HS. We got in line for skyliner (it was VERY long line), but only actually waited about 20 minutes to get on. We rode it to Epcot and then went to Beaches and Cream for late night KITCHEN SINK. The kiddos were a little disappointed that they didn't do the sirens and announcement (A WHOLE CAN!?) like they usually do.

Mon 4/5 Blizzard Beach! This was our first time visiting a Disney waterpark and we loved it! The longest wait was 15 minutes, but most were less than 5 mins. We rented a polar patio and it was worth it in our opinion! We had a blast and most of the slides were really long! We went to Rix Sports Bar at Coronado for dinner that night and all found it to be just ok..I don't think we'll be back to that one.

Tues 4/6: Started the morning with breakfast at The Wave and then arrived at Epcot at 10:15. They were already letting people in. Score!...or so we thought. We headed to TT, but it was down. Then we went to Soarin' and waited about 30 mins to ride. After that, rode Spaceship Earth and then a trip around the world for snacks. The boys were really disappointed that TT remained down for the whole morning and therefore didn't get to ride this trip. We then took a bus to MK for the rest of the afternoon. Had a blast riding the rides and then dinner at Liberty Tree. We hit Splash Mtn right before park close to experience the ride in the dark.

Tues 4/6: Hit up Disney Springs one last time before heading home. Arrived at 10:15 and line for Gideons looked to be about 45-60 mins. Thought we'd have luck riding an amphicar, but the wait was already over an hour. We had to get on the road, so we stopped one more time at WOD and walked right in. Then we decided to stop by Everglazed on our way out. The donuts were really good! Then we all said one last goodbye and sulked our way back to the car for the ride home.

Overall our stay at the Dolphin was great...very clean room, mostly quiet, good service. We always stay at the Contemporary, but we only started planning this vacation a month prior to stay, so Contemporary wasn't an option. My only complaint was that the bus system was inconsistent for The Dolphin and we started just using Uber to get places. We all missed the convenience of walking to MK from The Contemporary (and the view of the castle!), so we'll plan to stay there next time if possible.

Our last visit to Disney was in August, and we did notice a few things: 1) The crowds are definitely back! We knew this going in, but it was a stark difference to August when we were able to pretty much walk on every ride. I remember we rode FOB back to back 4 TIMES in August. Despite the crowds, the weather was SO much more pleasant for this trip. 2) Back in August, people were much more compliant with standing on the marked spaces and very aware of spacing. This trip people were much closer together and didn't really seem to be paying as much attention. They still gave some space, but very few families were hyper aware like they were in Aug (prior to vaccines). It didn't bother us one bit, but I know it will affect some. 3) I hate to even say this, but there were several cast members that were having side conversations with each other. I heard "today is my last day, I can't wait to get out of here", along with conversations about family issues with each other as they were loading rides. I have never experienced that at Disney in all of my trips, but I know this has been a trying year. There was one particularly snippy cast member at the popcorn stand outside of the castle. Of course there were so many others who were wonderful so it didn't affect us in the slightest, but it was different than our usual experience. 4) The ride photos that previously populated in the mydisney app either automatically or when we scanned our magic band don't seem to work well anymore. This happened in August as well. This trip we only seemed to get photos from SM and Buzz Space Ranger....and a lot of photos from people not in our family. Strange! None of our photos from Splash, TOT, Everest, etc saved to our account. Bummer!

Now we are looking to plan our next trip in the Fall and also a Disney cruise in 2021. I am currently having sticker shock for park dates in Oct/Nov. For the price of 4/5 days at the Contemporary, we could pay for the whole European Cruise! Yowza!

The ride photos that previously populated in the mydisney app either automatically or when we scanned our magic band don't seem to work well anymore. This happened in August as well. This trip we only seemed to get photos from SM and Buzz Space Ranger....and a lot of photos from people not in our family. Strange! None of our photos from Splash, TOT, Everest, etc saved to our account. Bummer!
We also had this problem in March. I used the photo pass email and they were able to add them all. It’s worth a shot.

Has anyone done the Animation Experience at Conservation Station lately? Can you tell me your experience? How far in advance did you arrive to be able to participate?
We learned last trip that you can ask at the front of the park what the schedule is (which character is getting drawn at which time). I just wanted to share because we didn’t know that on any previous trips.

What time did you arrive?
We arrived to the parking lot at about 10:15 AM for an 11 AM opening. After we went through the entrance we walked straight to the bridge right in front of Lotawatta Lodge and waiting there for opening. We were he second family in and got our first choice seating spot in front of the wave pool. A line did form behind us and the seating by the wave pool filled up quickly but there were many chairs open throughout the park in other more secluded areas open all day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter