I'm not sure if this is the right thread to post, but has anyone had recent luck getting DHS when the buckets are full?

Currently, DHS in June is fully booked except 2 days and we'll be gone by then. (AP bucket is all green for DHS). I've read here Disney shifts things around. About how long out would this likely happen where I might be able to add one more person?

(I did already successfully add DH and DD in last week despite DHS being yellow after they decided to come but now DD's friend is also coming. No dice this week!)

We will be there first week of may we made boathouse reservations for 6:30 pm on a Tuesday is it crazy crowded there during the week too they extended park hours so hoping maybe that will keep some crowds away ?

I'm not sure if this is the right thread to post, but has anyone had recent luck getting DHS when the buckets are full?

Currently, DHS in June is fully booked except 2 days and we'll be gone by then. (AP bucket is all green for DHS). I've read here Disney shifts things around. About how long out would this likely happen where I might be able to add one more person?

(I did already successfully add DH and DD in last week despite DHS being yellow after they decided to come but now DD's friend is also coming. No dice this week!)
Unfortunately many are in the same situation as you. The best recommendation is to keep trying many times a day to secure a reservation. I would keep trying to book rather than relying on the park availability calendar as the calendar is not updated real time.

I honestly think capacity will be increased again by June.

The AP is wide open in June because those of us who visit often don't want to tie up their 3 visits now for days a few months away. You'll notice that the AP bucket fills almost a month at a time. Because of the reservation system, I booked 3 visits in April as soon as my March visits were done (well, when my blackouts started). Once I finish an April visit, I book a May day. And so on. So I won't book June until May, and my guess is most AP's are like that too, so it gives a false picture of the June AP being "empty" (though June does begin blockout for Silver and weekday, which will help!)

Unfortunately many are in the same situation as you. The best recommendation is to keep trying many times a day to secure a reservation. I would keep trying to book rather than relying on the park availability calendar as the calendar is not updated real time.

I honestly think capacity will be increased again by June.

The AP is wide open in June because those of us who visit often don't want to tie up their 3 visits now for days a few months away. You'll notice that the AP bucket fills almost a month at a time. Because of the reservation system, I booked 3 visits in April as soon as my March visits were done (well, when my blackouts started). Once I finish an April visit, I book a May day. And so on. So I won't book June until May, and my guess is most AP's are like that too, so it gives a false picture of the June AP being "empty" (though June does begin blockout for Silver and weekday, which will help!)

Thanks! I haven't been tracking the full days since every time we've come they've been green so didn't know if there was rhyme or reason to when Disneys shifts things around.

Interesting question - wonder what has changed?

It's much more of a destination that it used to be. Back in the Marketplace/Pleasure Island/Westside days there just wasted as much to do. PI was open in the day and had a little shopping but was ticketed in the evening. Disney Quest was ticketed on the Westside and the AMC was more expensive than some other local theaters. Plus, there were not as many shops or restaurants. People might go for a few hours, but I don't think it was an all day experience Now, DS is a destination itself and they never charge for parking unlike Universal Citywalk

It's much more of a destination that it used to be. Back in the Marketplace/Pleasure Island/Westside days there just wasted as much to do. PI was open in the day and had a little shopping but was ticketed in the evening. Disney Quest was ticketed on the Westside and the AMC was more expensive than some other local theaters. Plus, there were not as many shops or restaurants. People might go for a few hours, but I don't think it was an all day experience Now, DS is a destination itself and they never charge for parking unlike Universal Citywalk

Shhh don’t give them any ideas!!! Resort parking used to be free....

Are late check outs being denied? We'd like an extra hour at Caribbean Beach.

Generally, yes, they are, to allow for more time for cleaning.

Heck, we never had luck with this even before Covid (but only tried a couple times).

As with everything, it doesn’t hurt to ask! But you can always leave things with bell services and swim or do other things before leaving.

We were at Disney Springs last night too. We just arrived and went there for a bite before checking into our hotel. We were a bit overwhelmed by the crowds too. We kept wondering if it would feel that crowded in the parks.

The parks were no way near as crowded.

first day of trip and went to Disney springs and parked at 9 to get in line for Gideon’s. Took an hour but got one of everything. Worth the wait. Nice breeze and didn’t start raining till after we left. Also got some sprinkles and waiting in our room for rain to subside then off to animal kingdom.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter