Gall Bladder Surgery and less than 3 Weeks From Sail Date

So glad you are doing better. Hopefully, you will be as good as new when your cruise rolls around.

So glad it all worked out. Rest up and enjoy that vacation....just pay attention to your body and rest when you need it.:cool1:

Thank you! I'm taking it easy the next few weeks cause nothing is keeping me from getting on that ship! ;)

Susan

Think of this as your excuse (sorry, I mean medical necessity) to sit at the pool and have a coffee or drink or whatever and do nothing. :cool1:

Trapped gas=terrible pain. Usually passes (sorry for the pun) after a few days.

kiford said:
Think of this as your excuse (sorry, I mean medical necessity) to sit at the pool and have a coffee or drink or whatever and do nothing. :cool1:

I like your way of thinking. :)

blu said:
Trapped gas=terrible pain. Usually passes (sorry for the pun) after a few days.

I'm just glad that whatever it was, it's gone! I'm happy, happy, happy!

Glad to hear you are doing good! You will feel so much better in the next week. The first week was rough for me and then I felt fine.

Hello! I've been doing great throughout the last week and thought I was pretty much fully recovered. Then, yesterday came and we leave Friday for our cruise. I'm a teacher--so nothing too physical at work, but I was teaching yesterday and out of the blue I got this terrible side ache. The only way I can describe it is that it is like one of those bad ones you get when running sometimes. Anyhow, it wouldn't go away. I left work early, came home, took a hot bath and Advil, and then laid with the heat pad all night. I couldn't get to sleep til about 2:30 due to the pain. If I tried to lay on my side, the pain would radiate to my back.

I'm better this morning but still feel it, so I have a call in to my doctor. Did any of you experience anything like this more than two weeks after surgery? I'm so worried it is a stone or appendix or something. Can anyone calm my nerves? :)

Susan

I never had any pain like what you are describing after my surgery. However I would have right side pain when my pancreas was acting up which is why I had to get my gallbladder out. Get into your doctor. If it is right side pain make sure you get blood work to eliminate pancreas issues.

I never had any pain like what you are describing after my surgery. However I would have right side pain when my pancreas was acting up which is why I had to get my gallbladder out. Get into your doctor. If it is right side pain make sure you get blood work to eliminate pancreas issues.

Thank you for your reply. I'm going to the doctor at 11:00 this morning. The odd thing is that I also had severe chest pains that we thought would go away with gall bladder removal. They didn't, and I ended up in the hospital for two days because of it, so I've had about every kind of test and blood test possible. I guess I figured something would have shown up, but maybe they have to test specifically for things?:confused3 I'm just so tired of this. We are supposed to leave Friday, so I'm depressed and praying it isn't something that will require another surgery.:sad2:

Susan

Abdominal issues are very difficult to figure out. I have to monitor what I eat to make sure there is no flare-ups. I also take certain meds to assist in the pain area. I knew that my gallbladder was healthy when they took it out but they had to take it out to eliminate that as the cause of the pancreas issues. I do not know how you feel about pain meds but they might be beneficial in assisting you in enjoying your trip just to take the edge off of the pain. Keep us posted and good luck. BTW did you eat anything that might have caused the pain.

Abdominal issues are very difficult to figure out. I have to monitor what I eat to make sure there is no flare-ups. I also take certain meds to assist in the pain area. I knew that my gallbladder was healthy when they took it out but they had to take it out to eliminate that as the cause of the pancreas issues. I do not know how you feel about pain meds but they might be beneficial in assisting you in enjoying your trip just to take the edge off of the pain. Keep us posted and good luck. BTW did you eat anything that might have caused the pain.

Thank you for your reply. My issue with pain meds is that they make me throw up if I'm on them for more than a day or two, but I might not have a choice if the pain persists like it was last night. As far as eating, I really didn't eat anything that should have set anything off, but I'm still trying to figure everything out as far as food goes since having my gall bladder removed. The pain is just so weird. It is a sharp, stabbing pain that really does feel like side aches I've got before from running. It's like a severe side ache that won't go away. I'm hoping for some answers after I go to the doctor at 11:00.

Susan

Ny boyfriend has his removed a couple of years ago. When he gets the pain and/or start woming (spelled?) he drink pineapple juice. As fresh as possible. And not the one with sugar and made with a lot of sucker. It helping him

ChristinaDK said:
Ny boyfriend has his removed a couple of years ago. When he gets the pain and/or start woming (spelled?) he drink pineapple juice. As fresh as possible. And not the one with sugar and made with a lot of sucker. It helping him

Thank you! I wonder if fresh pineapple would have the same effect (can you tell I'm getting in cruise mode)? Lol!

Susan

Tell me if it works on you? It works on my bf and my stepmom. But remember fresh as possible

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter