Gall Bladder Surgery and less than 3 Weeks From Sail Date

I was hoping to read, good news, when I came back to your thread. :hug:
Was the dr. able to give you any insight about the pain?

Praying you don't have to miss your cruise.

I'm following this as my surgery is on Tuesday. And my WDW weekend 2.5 weeks after that.

antlawn said:
I was hoping to read, good news, when I came back to your thread. :hug:
Was the dr. able to give you any insight about the pain?

Praying you don't have to miss your cruise.

Hi! We determined my pain was from my kidney. However, I don't have a kidney infection and the ct scan didn't show any stones. We are still thinking I may have a stone though. I'm better today and am planning to travel and just pray the pain stays away. :)

Susan

I just wanted to say that I had my gall bladder removed about ten days or so before leaving on a Western Caribbean cruise in 2010. I was not the most in shape individual at the time. Two or so days after the surgery, I attended my DS' kindergarten graduation (in a dress). While on the cruise, my family and I swam with sea lions in Cozumel. I was careful to cover the stitches with waterproof bandaids. I was a little swollen, but I was fine. I had a great cruise. It is all in the attitude. BTW, my doctor was not thrilled about the swimming, and told me to limit my time. I can't remember if he knew it involved sea lions.

Thanks for your reply. I definitely feel pretty much recovered from my gall bladder. It's just the kidney stone issue that has me slowed down. I won't let it ruin my cruise though--even if it takes a couple of margaritas to forget about it. ;) Luckily, I've felt fine today and am hoping it stays that way. Thanks again!

Susan

Crossing my fingers for you Susan! Kidney stones hurt like heck! I passed one while at WDW a few years ago- hoping that never happens again!

Thanks, ladies! I feel so much better tonight. I'm in "cruise mode" now and ready to get this vacation going!:cool1: I'm trying to refrain from my normal "clean absolutely everything so that you could eat off of it if you needed to mode" so I don't over do it and end up having another bad day. I have a training for work for the next two days, so I won't have much of a chance to over do it which is probably a good thing. Let's just hope nothing happens while we're on this trip that requires someone to come into our house and see how we really live.:lmao:

Not sure if I'll be back on before we leave, but I REALLY appreciate everyone's kind words and advice. I love the DIS!:hug:

Susan

How was your cruise? I am facing the same situation and am looking for hope that our cruise won't be ruined.

I feel for you. I cruise this saturday, and I have been having some pains that may point to Gall Bladder issues. I was just at the Dr yesterday pleading to him that I didn't want to miss my cruise due to surgery.

Luckily either because of my pleads or because he is not sure what it is yet, he wants to try some medication first that will easily take until after the cruise before we know the results entirely.

I don't *think* these pains will get in the way of the cruise, they are more discomforting than actually hurting.

In any case, swift recovery to you!

Hi, all! We leave for our cruise less than 3 weeks from today. Just found out I will be having my gall bladder out on Monday. My mom and sister had theirs out and did fine, but I've heard from others that they were down for a few weeks. Can you share your experience with me if you've had yours out? I know I will be able to go on the cruise, so that isn't my concern. I don't know about getting in the water though. Any input would be appreciated. I didn't expect this curveball, but I will be so happy to feel better! :)

Susan

You should be fine. My DH had a huge issue with his, which was confirmed via ultrasound the day prior to us leaving for Russia to adopt our oldest child. Talk about bad timing. He ended up having it out when we got back, and he was out of work maybe one week to ten days. You wound (s) will be fine by then for the pool. The biggest thin will be to be careful about lifting.

I had my gallbladder out in early June and had to go on a work trip about 2 weeks later several years ago. I felt fine by then, and I actually had a very rough recovery (3 nights in the hospital because of an adverse reaction to pain meds). Biggest problem was the weight restriction - I couldn't move my own suitcase very well. Of course you never know, but there's a good chance you'll be fine. Don't know about the water - just ask your doctor about that.

I had my gallbladder out in early June and had to go on a work trip about 2 weeks later several years ago. I felt fine by then, and I actually had a very rough recovery (3 nights in the hospital because of an adverse reaction to pain meds). Biggest problem was the weight restriction - I couldn't move my own suitcase very well. Of course you never know, but there's a good chance you'll be fine. Don't know about the water - just ask your doctor about that.

I would have been totally fine within about 4 days of gall bladder surgery, but I ended up with a kidney stone. Bad luck, huh? It passed and I was great by cruise time though. Gall bladder surgery really wasn't bad. Just a couple of days at first were kind of rough and once I got off my pain meds (I started vomiting from them), I was so much better!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter