End of Fast Pass...

just to add-- you don't plan every second-- you plan the headliners for the day, which otherwise would take up a large time slot of your day with waits, or have you running around the park collecting passes. Either way, your day has more down time and time for wandering around ( or shopping as is the plan) We found ourselves looking at each other and saying "okay, now what?" quite a bit. We had a lot of free time in the parks. Our last day we had to leave by 230. Got to HS around 1130-- did RR, TOT, GMR, and TSM. walked back to BWV to eat and left at 230. 3hrs-- 4 attractions and a meal. Can't do that with regular fp unless it is at rope drop.

Awesome. You just made me feel much better. I also have a wish list on the side of something in the parks we each want to do. There are only 3 of us and we are mostly going for our 5 yeR old daughter.

Sure. You can vacation however you want. The problem is, for the "relaxed" tourist ( which I actually am) you will be competing in the parks with the "intense planner" and the "once in a lifetime so I need to squeeze everything in that I can" tourist. These groups are similar, but vary due to experience levels. I believe the 2 latter groups represent about 50 % of the visitors. The other main group would be the "I didn't know I would have to plan" group. These are the ones who leave disappointed.

My recent short trip was the highest combination of relaxed and productive I have had in a long time, due to the magic band, and a small amount of planning.

We arrived at 430 pm at BWV. I had scheduled epcot-- MS 5 to 6, TT 6 to 7, and soarin 7 to 8. This took about 10 minutes at home. We checked in sitting on the comfy couch at BWV, were at MS just before 6, went on MS, then our window was up for TT, rode that, including designing the car which my kids love, and were off by 620. went of nemo, went on figment, went on soarin. now its 800. 2 hours, 5 attractions, no thinking. Went to F/W for the rest of the evening.

I won't bore you with the rest of the details, but all you need to be able to do is pick a park for each day. The rest builds itself.

Let me see this work in June and July then I will feel better. Testing it in off season is one thing but how about when the crowd levels are REALLY high? Yes you can schedule your few rides but the filler in betweens are not going to be so walk on in busier times...

Let me see this work in June and July then I will feel better. Testing it in off season is one thing but how about when the crowd levels are REALLY high? Yes you can schedule your few rides but the filler in betweens are not going to be so walk on in busier times...

no they won't be, but you will have TSM, or whatever 3 headliners you want, with out competing at rope drop. This helps the person who wants the relaxed feeling trip. For the intense planners who get ten FP a day by running, those days are over. be happy you got to do it in the past.

The playing field has been leveled.

no they won't be, but you will have TSM, or whatever 3 headliners you want, with out competing at rope drop. This helps the person who wants the relaxed feeling trip. For the intense planners who get ten FP a day by running, those days are over. be happy you got to do it in the past.

The playing field has been leveled.

the playing field being leveled is a stretch. There will still be people rolling in at 12 noon and thinking they have it made b/c they have 3 reservtions. I am BANKING on this...I am a total planner and we accomplish a ton in a day without being stressed or anxious. It is like a well oiled machine! :) I honestly am not a big universal fan, my daughter is (she will be 15) and normally I cave into 1 night and 2 days at US for front of the line. This year I agreed to 3 days at US. something I never would have done in the past...Am hoping maybe others are scared by the new system, or clueless or go a different avenue for a few days of the trip. Maybe that will help the crowds? Ideally I wish they offered bonus reservations for staying deluxe, etc. THAT would help...

the playing field being leveled is a stretch. There will still be people rolling in at 12 noon and thinking they have it made b/c they have 3 reservtions. I am BANKING on this...I am a total planner and we accomplish a ton in a day without being stressed or anxious. It is like a well oiled machine! :) I honestly am not a big universal fan, my daughter is (she will be 15) and normally I cave into 1 night and 2 days at US for front of the line. This year I agreed to 3 days at US. something I never would have done in the past...Am hoping maybe others are scared by the new system, or clueless or go a different avenue for a few days of the trip. Maybe that will help the crowds? Ideally I wish they offered bonus reservations for staying deluxe, etc. THAT would help...

So you get to rope drop, have the chance to get on attractions before the park fills up as usual. The difference is you can't pull fp. Instead you will have your pre scheduled FPP like everyone else. There is a huge benefit for those who get to rope drop, but the people who sleep in still have a chance to go on headliners at their leisure. This is the part where the playing field is leveled. Anyone who gets up early to be at rope drop deserves the morning availability of the attractions.

Also, I never go at the busy times, so I don't really know how crowded it is. I would rather stay home.

It is like a well oiled machine! :)

I am from E PA-- 8 years ago-- now SW FL. I did the well oiled machine, and I get it. After (we estimated) about 35 trips, the need and desire goes away. I never thought it would be true, but it is. Still love to go, just not so worried about what we do.

Ideally I wish they offered bonus reservations for staying deluxe, etc. THAT would help...

I really hope there is a tiered system.

I am from E PA-- 8 years ago-- now SW FL. I did the well oiled machine, and I get it. After (we estimated) about 35 trips, the need and desire goes away. I never thought it would be true, but it is. Still love to go, just not so worried about what we do.

I really hope there is a tiered system.

Well we have ONLY had 17 trips LOL so I still have that desire to do tons but of course I realize there is always next year and don't fret if we don't hit everything I wanted to do. We use to always go in Feb. or October but 6 years ago DD wanted to go in June for SWW. I am not a heat loving person but I have to say being there in June is fantastic...Later park hours, more excitement (from my teen's point of view) and better swim weather. This will be our 6th June trip and when she goes to college, I am guessing I will return to off season times but June holds the best memories we ever made there. And after the first trip I swore I would never go back again in the summer!!!!!

Here is to hoping for the tiered system!:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter