Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm trying to stay positive...
I'm wondering if anyone would like to share something nice from a past Pop stay? :goodvibes

I love Pop Century! We've stayed there for our last 6 trips in a row...each about 2 weeks long. We've never had a problem, and everyone has been super nice. We love the resort, and the rooms, and the food court, and the cast members, and the buses. I'm not planning on staying at another Disney resort anytime soon. With the money we save by staying at Pop, we can afford to stay a little longer and do a few more extra things. It's my favorite resort!

I wonder why they told me that then. Maybe they were confused by my question. That is actually a huge relief, I didn't want to manage everyones money!

If by they you mean a phone CM, it doesn't surprise me that you were given incorrect information. They are notorious for that.

If by they you mean a phone CM, it doesn't surprise me that you were given incorrect information. They are notorious for that.

Yup I called. I'm glad I searched back through this thread then! Thank you for all your help tonight. ;)

I'm not sure where to throw this thread...refillable mugs, dining, or POP. So, I'm choosing here because it's resort specific.

We plan on buying the refillable mugs. Does anyone know if tea is available like hot tea? Or hot water for tea? And do they have different teas available?

Are you 100% sure? I literally just talked to someone at Disney yesterday and they said we could only do 1 card for everyone.

We''be stated at Pop more than 20 times and often stay with my parents. When we do we attach 2 different CC's to our MBs and have never had any trouble.

Last edited:
I'm not sure where to throw this thread...refillable mugs, dining, or POP. So, I'm choosing here because it's resort specific.

We plan on buying the refillable mugs. Does anyone know if tea is available like hot tea? Or hot water for tea? And do they have different teas available?
Yes. They have water for hot tea. They also have iced tea dispensers. Sweet, unsweet and I believe peach. The brand is Gold peak if I'm remembering correctly.

Yes. They have water for hot tea. They also have iced tea dispensers. Sweet, unsweet and I believe peach. The brand is Gold peak if I'm remembering correctly.
Thank you! I'll make sure to pack the husband's chamomile and we'll just hit the food court for hot water on our way to the room.

Does anyone know what size the beds will be in the new refurbished rooms? How likely are you to get a room with a king bed. Love CBR but in Dec DS21 and I stayed at POP we enjoyed our stay. Thinking about picking POP for trip in Oct. with DH, but DH needs a couple of cups of coffee first thing and would like bigger bed. I like the price at POP!

Does anyone know what size the beds will be in the new refurbished rooms? How likely are you to get a room with a king bed. Love CBR but in Dec DS21 and I stayed at POP we enjoyed our stay. Thinking about picking POP for trip in Oct. with DH, but DH needs a couple of cups of coffee first thing and would like bigger bed. I like the price at POP!
The rumored refurbished room will have a queen bed and then a Full sized Murphy bed. I'm not sure about any king refurbished rooms

We check into Pop tomorrow! We are so excited. Can anyone tell me how heated the pools are? Looks like the forecast for the days we planned to hit the pool will only be in low to mid 70's. Definitely comfortable weather, but not sure if this will be warm enough for swimming. On our past Disney trips the weather was in mid 80's to 90's! :sunny:

Yes. There is hot water for tea. There were a few kinds of tea available, but it was limited, maybe 2 or 3 kinds. When we went over to AKL and ate a the Mara I noticed they had a lot more kinds of tea available than at Pop.

Wow!! That is quite a split stay!! What other resorts are you staying at? How exciting! Hope it all goes smoothly!

Thanks! I hope so too. I hadn't intended on such a crazy split stay and I'm a little nervous it won't go smoothly. Our first night is a very late arrival (11 pm)at ASSports, then 1 night at Beach Club villas, 3 nights Pop, 1 night Renaissance at SeaWorld, and 1 night AoA LM room.

We check into Pop tomorrow! We are so excited. Can anyone tell me how heated the pools are? Looks like the forecast for the days we planned to hit the pool will only be in low to mid 70's. Definitely comfortable weather, but not sure if this will be warm enough for swimming. On our past Disney trips the weather was in mid 80's to 90's! :sunny:
I have not stayed at Pop before but all of the hotels I have stayed at on site had there pools heated enough to swim in 70 degree weather. I am from Massachusetts of course so 70 is nice and warm to us.

My daughter and my 4 year old Granddaughter and myself will be checking into a preferred room on October 26th - November 4th!!! We just booked today and we are so excited. My kids and I have been to WDW about 15 times but this will be my Granddaughters first trip! We took her mother back in October of 1996 when she was 3 years old. Looking forward to seeing her excitement. My Granddaughter has had a tough year her mom suffered a late term miscarriage and her dad passed away right before Christmas. Time for something fun to look forward to!!

I just got back from POP. This was my family's 2nd trip to WDW, we were there 3 years ago and we stayed at AKL. We chose POP this time around for budget reasons. I went there with an open mind, but there was this nagging feeling that I would be disappointed.

I'm happy to say that we all LOVED Pop!

The room: We had outstanding housekeeping that somehow always magically got our roomed cleaned even when our schedule varied. We had a view of the lake from 50's Bldg. 3 and it sure didn't feel like a value with that peaceful view every morning and night -- and we could see fireworks every night while sipping a glass of wine, snacking on a treat from the food court and listening to the crickets chirp. Yes, the room wasn't huge and the bathroom/sink was basic. But it was just fine and more than adequate given the room rate. I guess being from California and paying for motels around Disneyland that often charge twice what Pop does prepared me! We didn't notice any crazy noise. And we saw the Quince girls and lots and lots of people in the food court so who knows?! Maybe they weren't in our bldg? I always use a noise machine app on my phone because I like white noise (I use it at home also) so maybe that helped as well.

The buses were easy to catch in general. We loved being able to take either AOA or Pop buses depending on what arrived first or had the shorter line. If we chose to leave the parks at a hectic time (post fireworks, at park close) we took an Uber. We figured it was our choice to leave at a popular time and rather than wait in the long line, it was our choice to pay a few bucks for an Uber.

The pools were clean and fun. The bartender at Petals was super cool. My DD13 really missed having a hot tub, that was one of the very few negatives.

The food court could be hectic if you really needed to eat meals there. We don't do dining plans and we like to eat at the parks, so the food court was awesome for when we wanted a snack. Yes, the food was basic but sometimes that's exactly what you crave! I loved morning walks through the colorful Pop grounds to get my morning coffee in my refillable mug.

Every CM we encountered had a smile and a friendly greeting. I had a couple of requests for the front desk and all were handled efficiently and pleasantly.

Yes of course the Deluxe hotels are nicer. But for the amount of money we paid, I feel like Pop is an incredible bargain. I would stay there again in a heartbeat.

My daughter and my 4 year old Granddaughter and myself will be checking into a preferred room on October 26th - November 4th!!! We just booked today and we are so excited. My kids and I have been to WDW about 15 times but this will be my Granddaughters first trip! We took her mother back in October of 1996 when she was 3 years old. Looking forward to seeing her excitement. My Granddaughter has had a tough year her mom suffered a late term miscarriage and her dad passed away right before Christmas. Time for something fun to look forward to!!
Such a tough year. I hope y'all have an amazing vacation :goodvibes

I just got back from POP. This was my family's 2nd trip to WDW, we were there 3 years ago and we stayed at AKL. We chose POP this time around for budget reasons. I went there with an open mind, but there was this nagging feeling that I would be disappointed.

The room: We had outstanding housekeeping that somehow always magically got our roomed cleaned even when our schedule varied. We had a view of the lake from 50's Bldg. 3 and it sure didn't feel like a value with that peaceful view every morning and night -- and we could see fireworks every night while sipping a glass of wine, snacking on a treat from the food court and listening to the crickets chirp. Yes, the room wasn't huge and the bathroom/sink was basic. But it was just fine and more than adequate given the room rate. I guess being from California and paying for motels around Disneyland that often charge twice what Pop does prepared me! We didn't notice any crazy noise. And we saw the Quince girls and lots and lots of people in the food court so who knows?! Maybe they weren't in our bldg? I always use a noise machine app on my phone because I like white noise (I use it at home also) so maybe that helped as well.

The buses were easy to catch in general. We loved being able to take either AOA or Pop buses depending on what arrived first or had the shorter line. If we chose to leave the parks at a hectic time (post fireworks, at park close) we took an Uber. We figured it was our choice to leave at a popular time and rather than wait in the long line, it was our choice to pay a few bucks for an Uber.

The pools were clean and fun. The bartender at Petals was super cool. My DD13 really missed having a hot tub, that was one of the very few negatives.

The food court could be hectic if you really needed to eat meals there. We don't do dining plans and we like to eat at the parks, so the food court was awesome for when we wanted a snack. Yes, the food was basic but sometimes that's exactly what you crave! I loved morning walks through the colorful Pop grounds to get my morning coffee in my refillable mug.

Every CM we encountered had a smile and a friendly greeting. I had a couple of requests for the front desk and all were handled efficiently and pleasantly.

Yes of course the Deluxe hotels are nicer. But for the amount of money we paid, I feel like Pop is an incredible bargain. I would stay there again in a heartbeat.
Far out!

What A GROOVY report!:)

I'll be checking in on the 8th. Super excited birthday is the 11th. Pop has always been my fave value.

I wonder if they will be upgrading ppl during the reno if they dont have enough rooms? Or do they make sure not to overbook during a big reno like this.

Thanks for the update of your stay and so glad that you loved the POP!

Like you're family, we decided to stay at the POP for budgetary reasons this summer. I'm gonna take your advice and go in with an open mind and as long as we get the connecting rooms we requested, I'm sure we will be more than happy with our choice.

Our previous two visits we stayed in executive suites at the Swan Dolphin, so I'm aware that our two rooms will not compare, but I'm starting to get excited about staying at a Disney themed resort. I'm also looking forward to being able to walk around the POP Century and AoA and already imagining some of the resort photos I'm gonna take!

I'm also looking forward to being able to walk around the POP Century and AoA and already imagining some of the resort photos I'm gonna take!
Be sure to take some time and do a "tour" of the Shadow Boxes in the Lobby of Classic Hall-one of the most unique things at WDW IMHO.:)

Most Guests hardly take a second glance at them.

30429649884_0e2ea22cc2_c.jpg

30709624522_cd8fabba40_c.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter