Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
We stayed at POP for the first time late Jan/early feb 2016. I had always stayed moderate but it was a last minute trip and I needed to save some money. It was me, my mother, 10 yr old daughter, 12 yr old son. Honestly, I wasn't expecting to like it that much, I just told myself "it's a place to sleep". However, I was pleasantly surprised. Our room was really clean, it was a close walk to everything (esp compared to the mods). I loved the trip over to AOA. We had great mousekeeping, friendly front desk help, enjoyed the pools, liked the food court. The kids actually asked to stay there this trip too. I think you just have to go into it, knowing that you can have a bad experience at any resort. If you have a problem with something, go personally to the front desk right away and ask to speak to a manager if the first person isn't helpful. Don't sit and stew about it the whole vacation. (I made that mistake once at CB).
Try not to stress out too much. I'm sure you will have a great time.

My MEGA SPLIT STAY starts in one week! It's a 1/1/3/1/1 stay and the three nights are at Pop. Hopefully, I'm not crazy for attempting this and everything goes according to plan.

Just back from a great three night stay at Pop. We were in the 80's section, very close to parking in adjoining first floor rooms. Rooms were quiet and except for teens running around one night (there were some very large "quincinera" groups of teen girls from Argentina there during our stay) it was quiet and peaceful. Bus service excellent. Food court very good and efficient. Service and CM's very good!

We check in this Friday! I'm hoping we planned this right, I don't see any major sports clinics at ESPN next week.

We're going back to Pop in mid-August and really looking forward to it! DD and I stayed at Pop for a few days in January of 2015 and we had a GREAT time. We stayed at AOA last August, but planned our trip for this August to stay at Pop Century using the bounceback offer for free dining.

We had no complaints about Pop Century on our trip. The rooms were clean, we loved the pool area, the CMs were friendly, the buses were fine, the food court was busy at times, but we liked Pop enough that we're going back for a second time. One of the times I liked was that you could either take an AOA bus or Pop to get back to Pop since the walk from AOA to Pop isn't that bad.

Hi all! Planning a trip for next Feb. What have been the issues with Pop recently? (we've stayed 5 or 6 times previously and it's our go to resort, just love it!) Also what's being refurbed and how long will that take? I assume less than a year but who knows with Disney eh?

All of the rooms are getting refurbished.

Probably 12-18 months.

Thank you, sounds about right. What are they doing to the rooms then? Just updates or anything major?

I'm ignoring the negativity and can't wait for our first trip here in a couple of weeks.

How many of you have wandered over to AoA? Is it worth the trip?

I know others have chimed in on this already but the walk was super worth it. Last time I went we walked over from the 80's section so it was a little bit of a walk (and it was hot) but it was a really nice one. We had lunch there and honestly it was probably one of, if not the best, meal we had the whole trip. You can see our photos here.

Here are some pics. The table will fold down to a Murphy Bed.

Here are the pics of the room renovation proposal that were posted awhile ago on here..

13615517_10101104545539139_5763604559690868178_n_zpsvvgu57zs.jpg

13614933_10101104544581059_1585888267354412782_n_zpsumznw4mw.jpg

13619892_10101104544331559_2176485227795734235_n_zps6wnjtuwa.jpg

Thank you! Sometimes my eyes get really tired reading through threads and I haven't been on here in a while. I'll take a gander at some of the most recent pages here. Looks really nice!

My MEGA SPLIT STAY starts in one week! It's a 1/1/3/1/1 stay and the three nights are at Pop. Hopefully, I'm not crazy for attempting this and everything goes according to plan.
Wow!! That is quite a split stay!! What other resorts are you staying at? How exciting! Hope it all goes smoothly!

What is the slinky bus? I have stayed a few times at POP and I don't think I have seen this one? It sounds like fun! It's been 4 years since my last trip, is it something new?

it's a double length bus that bends in the middle (one of the cities near me that actually has public transportation has them, so it's not just a Disney thing). Personally I hate it. If I'm stuck in the bend part or in the back half of the bus, I get terrible motion sickness from the swaying, and I don't ever get motion sickness anywhere else.

You will be able to assign a separate CC to your Magic Bands. You may be able to do it if you do online check in but I personally would just wait until you arrive at the resort and then can do it when you check in. That way you're certain they've attached the correct CC to the correct MB. I'm going in May and plan on having 3 different CC attached to different MB (all in one room reservation)

Are you 100% sure? I literally just talked to someone at Disney yesterday and they said we could only do 1 card for everyone.

Are you 100% sure? I literally just talked to someone at Disney yesterday and they said we could only do 1 card for everyone.

Yes, 100% sure. We've done it 5 times now. It has to be done once you arrive at Pop. I will suggest that after you have the CM set everything up, everyone with go to the gift shop and buy something small/inexpensive using your MBs. Then go to the Concierge or the front desk and make sure everyone's item went to the correct CC.

Yes, 100% sure. We've done it 5 times now. It has to be done once you arrive at Pop. I will suggest that after you have the CM set everything up, everyone with go to the gift shop and buy something small/inexpensive using your MBs. Then go to the Concierge or the front desk and make sure everyone's item went to the correct CC.

I wonder why they told me that then. Maybe they were confused by my question. That is actually a huge relief, I didn't want to manage everyones money!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter