Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
OH THE SLINKY BUS, what a nice plus!

More people get on, get seats and people even fighting to stand in the swing spot :lmao: It's like an extra attraction that few resorts get.

What is the slinky bus? I have stayed a few times at POP and I don't think I have seen this one? It sounds like fun! It's been 4 years since my last trip, is it something new?

I am focusing on the positives too. It has been almost four years since our last Disney trip and we are beyond excited. The placement of large groups at the values (and the issues that come with that) unfortunately don't help the cause. December through April is prime season for cheer/dance/sports competitions and tournaments and if you go to WDW during these months it may seem that having some type of experience with large groups is inevitable; and one can only hope and cross their fingers that it is a good one. I know a cheer/dance tournament is taking place during our upcoming week and I'm trying to keep an open mind. I'm not sure if the groups will be at Pop as well as the All-Stars, but I guess we'll see. On our last trip we stayed in a condo offsite and it was a little too quiet. I missed the energy and festive vibe that we experienced during our prior stay at All Star Music and wanted to experience that again. I guess I better be careful what I ask for! :laughing:

I agree about the energy! Even exhausted at night coming back from the parks, many a times we have sang and laughed with other guests. It's just a magical place to get away from life for a teeny bit!

What is the slinky bus? I have stayed a few times at POP and I don't think I have seen this one? It sounds like fun! It's been 4 years since my last trip, is it something new?

Technically articulated, double long where the middle has a bend and floor a turntable. Fun to stand in there.

Technically articulated, double long where the middle has a bend and floor a turntable. Fun to stand in there.

Cool, that looks like fun! I think my nieces would really enjoy riding on one.

Are they still being used at WDW or the POP? Are there more than one? Do they go to a specific park or do they circulate around?

Cool, that looks like fun! I think my nieces would really enjoy riding on one.

Are they still being used at WDW or the POP? Are there more than one? Do they go to a specific park or do they circulate around?

Only a few resorts can handle the turn, and not even sure about parks. Know POP to MK is a route.

Just booked for late August! (8 days) Hoping that my first time at Pop will be a better experience than some previous posts. :)
Have fun. I've stayed only at PoP four times now. Each time was different depending on where we were staying. Or maybe its three, either way. It is what you make it. Some times were awesome and some had bumps but they did not diminish the trip at all, and I would stay there again in a heartbeat, and if you can tell by my signature I'll be going back this year. I'm excited to see the new rooms and if they do the 50's before we get there. I'm going to request them. I haven't stayed there and I want to try all the buildings.

I wonder if they will have the pardon our dust pins like WL did while doing the new DVC villas. is it only the last buses that do the singing? Cause that sounds fun!

is it only the last buses that do the singing? Cause that sounds fun!
It is not a "scheduled" thing-it just happens "spontaneously"-several Guests will start singing along and it "spreads" to other Guests.

It does happen a lot on the late buses because everybody is TIRED and more "laid back" and more willing to sing in "public" than when they are "rested".lol

It is the POP Bus Soundtrack that "lends" itself to Sing-a Longs more so than any other Resort.:)

We are booked for POP late this summer. I am so excited! My DDs boyfriend has never been to WDW, so we are trying to get him excited about the tye dye cheesecase (DD loves it!), and explaining POP to him. I am going to show him this thread this weekend. I think my grandsons are going to love POP too! Last time we stayed at AOA with them, but POP is actually our favorite. The youngest DGS was too young to remember, so this will be a new experience for him this year. Our DGD will turn 1 year old on our last day! Can't wait to be there again!!

It is not a "scheduled" thing-it just happens "spontaneously"-several Guests will start singing along and it "spreads" to other Guests.

It does happen a lot on the late buses because everybody is TIRED and more "laid back" and more willing to sing in "public" than when they are "rested".lol

It is the POP Bus Soundtrack that "lends" itself to Sing-a Longs more so than any other Resort.:)

I will never forget years ago when we were there, my DS and nephew started singing on the bus to the music they were playing and the entire bus chimed in. It was so much fun, they did it almost every night on the way back to the resort. At that time, they were playing music that they aren't playing on the buses anymore. The last time we visited, I was a little disappointed that I didn't hear much music on the buses. Are they playing it again?

The last time we visited, I was a little disappointed that I didn't hear much music on the buses. Are they playing it again?

I'm not sure either. I was just thinking how much fun singing on the bus would be but honestly can't remember music being played on the buses and we've visited POP several times. I'll listen more carefully this time....and possibly chime in if they are!

Any updates on people getting refurbished rooms? I'll be there at the end of April. Should I call and request refurbished room or pick from the online options? I'm doing one or the other, not both. Thoughts? Thank you.

Any updates on people getting refurbished rooms? I'll be there at the end of April. Should I call and request refurbished room or pick from the online options? I'm doing one or the other, not both. Thoughts? Thank you.

No updates yet. No evidence that the refurb has started yet.

Booked 9/30-10/7, this will be our second stay at POP. This is my first time booking through a TA, but got a pretty nice discount. Hopefully won't have any issues using a TA, I'm sort of a control freak so hopefully there won't be any issues. Just excited to get back to Disney. Can't wait.

I will never forget years ago when we were there, my DS and nephew started singing on the bus to the music they were playing and the entire bus chimed in. It was so much fun, they did it almost every night on the way back to the resort. At that time, they were playing music that they aren't playing on the buses anymore. The last time we visited, I was a little disappointed that I didn't hear much music on the buses. Are they playing it again?

They were playing the POP bus soundtrack on the way home during my recent trip, but it was always when I was riding at odd times with relatively few people on the bus and no singing. I wish I could remember what all they played one trip, but it included the Partridge Family theme! It would have been a great singalong trip.

Sadly, I"m not a night owl and don't often stay till park close, and the one night I did (DHS), we had to take a blah motor coach bus which is totally no fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter