Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
This will be the first time at POP, and the first time going to Jelly Rolls. What is the best way -- Uber? -- to go from the resort to the Boardwalk, without needing a park entrance ticket (I thought about going through EPCOT but it's going to be a "resort day").

Also, this will be a split stay. I'm going from POP to the Contemporary and am hoping to try out the Contemporary pool, etc., on the changeover day. What is the pool policy, say, if the new room isn't ready yet?

Thanks for all your advice!

You can take a bus from Pop to Disney's Hollywood Studios then board a boat that will take you to Boardwalk @ChimCher-ee if you wish. You will not enter DHS, just walk past the entrance to the boat launch area.

As soon as you check in at the Contemporary you will be able to use their pools regardless if your room is ready or not.

Have fun!

Also, this will be a split stay. I'm going from POP to the Contemporary and am hoping to try out the Contemporary pool, etc., on the changeover day. What is the pool policy, say, if the new room isn't ready yet?

What's the reason for the split stay...just curious?

I just got back from POP. This was my family's 2nd trip to WDW, we were there 3 years ago and we stayed at AKL. We chose POP this time around for budget reasons. I went there with an open mind, but there was this nagging feeling that I would be disappointed.

I'm happy to say that we all LOVED Pop!

The room: We had outstanding housekeeping that somehow always magically got our roomed cleaned even when our schedule varied. We had a view of the lake from 50's Bldg. 3 and it sure didn't feel like a value with that peaceful view every morning and night -- and we could see fireworks every night while sipping a glass of wine, snacking on a treat from the food court and listening to the crickets chirp. Yes, the room wasn't huge and the bathroom/sink was basic. But it was just fine and more than adequate given the room rate. I guess being from California and paying for motels around Disneyland that often charge twice what Pop does prepared me! We didn't notice any crazy noise. And we saw the Quince girls and lots and lots of people in the food court so who knows?! Maybe they weren't in our bldg? I always use a noise machine app on my phone because I like white noise (I use it at home also) so maybe that helped as well.

The buses were easy to catch in general. We loved being able to take either AOA or Pop buses depending on what arrived first or had the shorter line. If we chose to leave the parks at a hectic time (post fireworks, at park close) we took an Uber. We figured it was our choice to leave at a popular time and rather than wait in the long line, it was our choice to pay a few bucks for an Uber.

The pools were clean and fun. The bartender at Petals was super cool. My DD13 really missed having a hot tub, that was one of the very few negatives.

The food court could be hectic if you really needed to eat meals there. We don't do dining plans and we like to eat at the parks, so the food court was awesome for when we wanted a snack. Yes, the food was basic but sometimes that's exactly what you crave! I loved morning walks through the colorful Pop grounds to get my morning coffee in my refillable mug.

Every CM we encountered had a smile and a friendly greeting. I had a couple of requests for the front desk and all were handled efficiently and pleasantly.

Yes of course the Deluxe hotels are nicer. But for the amount of money we paid, I feel like Pop is an incredible bargain. I would stay there again in a heartbeat.

Glad you loved it!

Was the bartender you loved named James, by chance?

You can take a bus from Pop to Disney's Hollywood Studios then board a boat that will take you to Boardwalk @ChimCher-ee if you wish. You will not enter DHS, just walk past the entrance to the boat launch area.

I second @scrappinginontario idea, if you don't take a Uber. Also, if you just missed a boat or the line is long, I'd walk to Jellyrolls. It's really not that long of a walk.

Never used Uber before, how reliable and/or fast is it? My brother and his family, of 4, are planning on visiting Universal for one of the days. Would Uber be their best option from the POP, or is there a better option?

What's the reason for the split stay...just curious?

A combination of things, I guess. This was going to be my first solo trip, so I could do what I want without having to get anyone else's opinion and without having to pack up anyone else or get anyone else out the door to "move" during the trip.

Also, I've never stayed at any deluxe resorts. I've read that a split stay is a nice way to try one out--and the theme just seemed to fit with POP, setting and then maintaining a "modern America" feel and mood.

A friend has since decided to join me, but I made it quite clear before offering that there's to be no comments on my choice to do a split stay and where!

Well since this is the last year for La Nouba, we hope to get tickets for that when we go in December. This will be our first time seeing the MVMCP. I cant wait but it is such a long way away. :rolleyes1

When one uses Uber to get from the parks back to Pop, where do get the car? Thanks.

Have you ever used Uber or Lyft before? When you book your car it'll tell you the colour, make/model, and the plate number. You'll also be able to see the Uber (or Lyft if you use that) symbols on them usually front window shield and the back. You tell it where to pick you up (it'll use your phone gps to pin point your location) and drop you off. You pay before it picks you up and you do not tip. It's not as daunting as it sounds I promise!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter