Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, and can I get recommendations for white noise apps that would be similar to a box fan noise? We are driving and our car is too small to lug one with us.

I just got back from POP. This was my family's 2nd trip to WDW, we were there 3 years ago and we stayed at AKL. We chose POP this time around for budget reasons. I went there with an open mind, but there was this nagging feeling that I would be disappointed.

I'm happy to say that we all LOVED Pop!

The room: We had outstanding housekeeping that somehow always magically got our roomed cleaned even when our schedule varied. We had a view of the lake from 50's Bldg. 3 and it sure didn't feel like a value with that peaceful view every morning and night -- and we could see fireworks every night while sipping a glass of wine, snacking on a treat from the food court and listening to the crickets chirp. Yes, the room wasn't huge and the bathroom/sink was basic. But it was just fine and more than adequate given the room rate. I guess being from California and paying for motels around Disneyland that often charge twice what Pop does prepared me! We didn't notice any crazy noise. And we saw the Quince girls and lots and lots of people in the food court so who knows?! Maybe they weren't in our bldg? I always use a noise machine app on my phone because I like white noise (I use it at home also) so maybe that helped as well.

The buses were easy to catch in general. We loved being able to take either AOA or Pop buses depending on what arrived first or had the shorter line. If we chose to leave the parks at a hectic time (post fireworks, at park close) we took an Uber. We figured it was our choice to leave at a popular time and rather than wait in the long line, it was our choice to pay a few bucks for an Uber.

The pools were clean and fun. The bartender at Petals was super cool. My DD13 really missed having a hot tub, that was one of the very few negatives.

The food court could be hectic if you really needed to eat meals there. We don't do dining plans and we like to eat at the parks, so the food court was awesome for when we wanted a snack. Yes, the food was basic but sometimes that's exactly what you crave! I loved morning walks through the colorful Pop grounds to get my morning coffee in my refillable mug.

Every CM we encountered had a smile and a friendly greeting. I had a couple of requests for the front desk and all were handled efficiently and pleasantly.

Yes of course the Deluxe hotels are nicer. But for the amount of money we paid, I feel like Pop is an incredible bargain. I would stay there again in a heartbeat.

Thank you for your report. I am like you I love the moderates/deluxes but chose to do a Value a couple years ago. It was either that or not get to travel to Disney. Easy decision ;). I was also pleasantly surprised. It is basic but it is enough for me.

Glad you had a great trip!

Oh, and can I get recommendations for white noise apps that would be similar to a box fan noise? We are driving and our car is too small to lug one with us.
I have one called Sleep Fan. There are four diff. fans to choose from and it's free. I use it for all my vacations and it works great.

I love POP. We stayed at Poly in 2015, and really for the price diff. it wasn't all that spectacular. We hardly spend any time in the room and they kick you out of the hot tub at a certain time, mostly too early to enjoy it by the time you get back to your room after night out. The only advantage was being able to take the boat across the water to MK and the monorail. But for the price diff. we will deal with the bus.

I love POP. We stayed at Poly in 2015, and really for the price diff. it wasn't all that spectacular. We hardly spend any time in the room and they kick you out of the hot tub at a certain time, mostly too early to enjoy it by the time you get back to your room after night out. The only advantage was being able to take the boat across the water to MK and the monorail. But for the price diff. we will deal with the bus.

You and I are one in the same on that. I would love to stay in nicer hotels, but I also am not the type of person to ever stay in the room or at the resort so I can't justify spending the money. (not that I ever have the money to spend haha). One of my friends and I went to see Hamilton in NYC last March and we stayed at a nice hotel right next door to the Richard Rodgers and I felt so out of place!

I love Pop Century! We've stayed there for our last 6 trips in a row...each about 2 weeks long. We've never had a problem, and everyone has been super nice. We love the resort, and the rooms, and the food court, and the cast members, and the buses. I'm not planning on staying at another Disney resort anytime soon. With the money we save by staying at Pop, we can afford to stay a little longer and do a few more extra things. It's my favorite resort!
i totally agree! we have stayed at all 3 levels and while the deluxe are beautiful properties, we would rather go more often and stay longer , typically around 10 or 11 days. the cost difference is huge and i really like the fact that the food court has a lot of decent choices. so far, knock wood, we have had great luck with the buses and we have stayed there at least 6 times. going again soon so we shall see but at this stage of the game, i really have no desire to spend a huge amount at a hotel where i am only there to sleep. for now it's pop all the way for us too : )

You and I are one in the same on that. I would love to stay in nicer hotels, but I also am not the type of person to ever stay in the room or at the resort so I can't justify spending the money. (not that I ever have the money to spend haha). One of my friends and I went to see Hamilton in NYC last March and we stayed at a nice hotel right next door to the Richard Rodgers and I felt so out of place!

i totally agree! we have stayed at all 3 levels and while the deluxe are beautiful properties, we would rather go more often and stay longer , typically around 10 or 11 days. the cost difference is huge and i really like the fact that the food court has a lot of decent choices. so far, knock wood, we have had great luck with the buses and we have stayed there at least 6 times. going again soon so we shall see but at this stage of the game, i really have no desire to spend a huge amount at a hotel where i am only there to sleep. for now it's pop all the way for us too : )

Agree with both of these responses. In general, I wish that Disney offered better room options for groups of 5 or 6 people. I'm the fifth wheel in our group of 5, 3 adults and 2 children, so we had to book 2 rooms. For the extra cost we couldn't justify getting two rooms at a moderate. Again, I wish Disney offered better options for slightly larger groups. I know we could have gone with a suite at AoA, but we didn't think they would work for use. It also doesn't help that I'm 6'4" and I don't think my back would hold up for a week on pull out bed.

Last edited:
Yes, booking two rooms gets pricey real quick. My daughter has to book two rooms because they are 5, and there arent many choices for 5, and those couch fold outs are super uncomfortable. And yes, the food court is way better at POP. I was so surprised by the limited options at the "food court" (if you could call it that) at Poly. They do have really good Tonga Toast though, I'll give them that!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter