Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun - 2023 Edition

Why would guests be disatissfied with increased attraction capacity?

Didn't Josh just list a bunch of possibilities last fall? Sounds like Iger wants credit for those.
Don’t think that’s about just increasing attraction capacity, but potential park capacity while still maintaining a level of guest satisfaction.

Don’t think that’s about just increasing attraction capacity, but potential park capacity while still maintaining a level of guest satisfaction.
Maybe they are looking at more meet and greets, stage shows, etc. Outside the expansions. Things that won't cost millions of dollars to create, but would allow them to add some capacity.

Maybe they are looking at more meet and greets, stage shows, etc. Outside the expansions. Things that won't cost millions of dollars to create, but would allow them to add some capacity.

The thing is, those things serve a purpose. Not EVERY attraction can be an Triple-A E-Ticket. They need some smaller stuff. I often enjoy some good 4D movie action myself, at least with some nice in-theater effects. They have some of these theaters sitting empty right now.

Yep when my dad retired his goal was to walk the Appalachian Trail and we drove him down to Springer Mountain (?) to start his trek north. He never made it to Katahdin...had to stop a few times along the way and come home to recover since he was in his early 70s...but made it eventually to Vermont. I intend on finishing it for him (one day- he has since passed).
Allow me a little indulgence to expand on the story of my dad and that trail with a picture and an article written about it... I am sure i have pics of us at disney... he took us once and I remember staying off property at a holiday Inn or something across from a KFC...which was our dinner each night...probably spent about 10% what I spend for my family on property.

I grew up near Six Flags Great Adventure and when i was a kid that was good enough...my kids weren't as impressed.

Attachments

• 69725.jpeg
    69725.jpeg
    148.9 KB · Views: 19
  • 69728.jpeg
    69728.jpeg
    123.3 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:
Nothing Disney is talking about has me as excited as what Universal is doing. And that's weird for me.

I understand others may not feel this way.
I kinda feel you. I have been going to universal a bit and I do enjoy it, but it’s all thrills and out side of Harry Potter (which I love) the theming isn’t there. However WDW seems to lack theming compared to the other parks recently.

So who knows where this will all land, I’m lucky and go to both at the moment, but my 8 year old prefers universal….

I know people always grouse about too many sequels, and Iger was the kind of big on sequels, but look what happens when they make original films - nobody watches them! Toy Story 5 will outperform Lightyear 100 times over, so who could blame them?
Surely this is in jest right. I mean, this has to be. You're acting as though Lightyear was an original film, it wasn't. Origin story for one of the main people in that franchise, NOT an original film. Just like the Solo movie, people thought they might want it but when placed in front of them, it under-performed.

Nothing Disney is talking about has me as excited as what Universal is doing. And that's weird for me.

I understand others may not feel this way.
The only thing Disney is planning that is getting me really excited is Fantasy Springs but that's not even really Disney doing that. Tron will be fun too but the long construction time has definitely killed some of the hype for me.

Meanwhile I am pumped about Epic Universe!! Don't really care about that Minions shooter ride that's replacing Shrek 4D.

I hope Frozen III finally gives Kristoff an important part in the plot. They have Jonathan Groff but haven't really used him much.

I figured they'd do a Toy Story 5 to get Woody and Bo back with the gang. I'm going to guess it has something to do with Andy getting married, having kids, and going back to Bonnie to see if he can get Woody back.
Flea market/yard-sale find. Flashbacks to his childhood, and suddenly they are bought!

The thing is, those things serve a purpose. Not EVERY attraction can be an Triple-A E-Ticket. They need some smaller stuff. I often enjoy some good 4D movie action myself, at least with some nice in-theater effects. They have some of these theaters sitting empty right now.
The theatre they were going to build. Was suppose to seat a few thousand people. There's a HUGE capacity gain attraction in the MK. There are pads available in EPCOT. There's a pad available in SWGE, and then there's Dinoland. They've got room, it's more do they have the will/desire to spend.

Didn't Josh just list a bunch of possibilities last fall? Sounds like Iger wants credit for those.
I don't recall Josh doing that but even so, this sounds like Iger wanting to go further.

The only thing Disney is planning that is getting me really excited is Fantasy Springs but that's not even really Disney doing that. Tron will be fun too but the long construction time has definitely killed some of the hype for me.

Meanwhile I am pumped about Epic Universe!! Don't really care about that Minions shooter ride that's replacing Shrek 4D.
I'm excited for the Nintendo land but really hope it's not shoddy like what's being reported out of U Hollywood. That would be such a bummer!

I also hope for some innovative ride systems for the other attractions. I would think at least Harry Potter would bring in something cool. Lastly, I hope it's a full day park and that there are nighttime spectaculars! All of that may not happen at first but maybe with time.

As for what's exciting at Disney besides Tokyo, I think the revamping of the Studios Park in Paris is exciting and the Frozen area at Hong Kong. Domestically, the new Avengers ride announced for DCA is exciting but it will probably be a long while. Some smaller things happening there this year for the 100th anniversary that are cool and we'll go see in September.

Nothing concrete at WDW for now but we'll see if anything is announced at Destination D23 in September.

I'm excited for the Nintendo land but really hope it's not shoddy like what's being reported out of U Hollywood. That would be such a bummer!

I also hope for some innovative ride systems for the other attractions. I would think at least Harry Potter would bring in something cool. Lastly, I hope it's a full day park and that there are nighttime spectaculars! All of that may not happen at first but maybe with time.
The Nintendo area in Hollywood had WAY less land to work with vs. Orlando or even Osaka does. As of right now, Universal has said that Orlando will be getting the Mario Kart ride, the Yoshi ride (USH didn't have room) and the Donkey Kong coaster USJ is getting. I think the theming in the land in Hollywood is awesome but it looks VERY small.

Outside of Nintendo, the How to Train your Dragon land and the Classic Universal Monsters lands sound exciting. I heard the Universal Monsters is getting a ride with the same technology as Forbidden Journey, which is cool because that technology is really underutilized.

Surely this is in jest right. I mean, this has to be. You're acting as though Lightyear was an original film, it wasn't. Origin story for one of the main people in that franchise, NOT an original film. Just like the Solo movie, people thought they might want it but when placed in front of them, it under-performed.

Well, I do understand that Lightyear wasn't exactly original, but it really wasn't part of the Toy Story series either. That was just an example because it was a Pixar movie that was actually released in theaters. For the past few years though the original ideas have under-performed while the sequels make billions. I can't blame Iger for wanting a Frozen 3 over a Strange World or even a Raya and the Last Dragon, which did okay, but nowhere near the numbers that Frozen or Toy Story put up.

The Nintendo area in Hollywood had WAY less land to work with vs. Orlando or even Osaka does. As of right now, Universal has said that Orlando will be getting the Mario Kart ride, the Yoshi ride (USH didn't have room) and the Donkey Kong coaster USJ is getting. I think the theming in the land in Hollywood is awesome but it looks VERY small.

Outside of Nintendo, the How to Train your Dragon land and the Classic Universal Monsters lands sound exciting. I heard the Universal Monsters is getting a ride with the same technology as Forbidden Journey, which is cool because that technology is really underutilized.
I'm looking forward to classic monsters as well, I forgot about that area. There's a cool idea not based on a franchise!

I wonder what it'll be like to go from UO to Epic Universe and back. Hopefully not too bad. It might depend on traffic.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter