Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun - 2023 Edition

Concert performer line-up updated for the 2023 EPCOT International Flower and Garden Festival
The performer line-up for the 2023 Garden Rocks concert series has been updated with the addition of Puerto Rican merengue singer and actress, Melina León.
Melina will be performing on April 3 as part of the 2023 EPCOT International Flower and Garden Festival at Walt Disney World.

2023 Garden Rocks Concert Series Performers

• March 3-4 – Journey former lead vocalist STEVE AUGERI
  • March 5-6 – Daughtry
  • March 10-11 – Tommy DeCarlo
  • March 12-13 – Smash Mouth
  • March 17-18 – Mike DelGuidice
  • March 19-20 – Blue Oyster Cult
  • March 24-25 – Berlin
  • March 26-27 – The Pointer Sisters
  • March 31 – Luis Figueroa
  • April 1-2 – Piso 21
  • April 3 – Melina León
  • April 7-8 – STARSHIP featuring Mickey Thomas
  • April 9-10 – Don Felder, formerly of the Eagles
  • April 16-17 – Switchfoot
  • April 21-22 – A Flock of Seagulls
  • April 23-24 – Jo Dee Messina
  • April 28-29 – Ambrosia with Peter Beckett, The Voice Of Player
  • April 30, May 1 – Kool and the Gang
  • May 5-8 – Herman’s Hermits starring Peter Noone
  • May 12-15 – The Orchestra starring former members of ELO
  • May 19-20 – A.J. Croce: Croce Plays Croce – NEW
  • May 21-22 – Casting Crowns
  • May 26-27 – Jason Scheff, longtime lead singer of Chicago
  • May 28-29 – Rick Springfield
  • June 2-5 – Plain White T’s
  • June 9-10 – The Spinners
  • June 11-12 – The Commodores
  • June 16-17 – Vertical Horizon
  • June 18-19 – Tony Orlando
  • June 23-26 – Simple Plan
  • June 30, July 1 – Living Colour
  • July 2-3 – Wang Chung

Concert performer line-up updated for the 2023 EPCOT International Flower and Garden Festival
The performer line-up for the 2023 Garden Rocks concert series has been updated with the addition of Puerto Rican merengue singer and actress, Melina León.
Melina will be performing on April 3 as part of the 2023 EPCOT International Flower and Garden Festival at Walt Disney World.

2023 Garden Rocks Concert Series Performers

• March 3-4 – Journey former lead vocalist STEVE AUGERI
  • March 5-6 – Daughtry
  • March 10-11 – Tommy DeCarlo
  • March 12-13 – Smash Mouth
  • March 17-18 – Mike DelGuidice
  • March 19-20 – Blue Oyster Cult
  • March 24-25 – Berlin
  • March 26-27 – The Pointer Sisters
  • March 31 – Luis Figueroa
  • April 1-2 – Piso 21
  • April 3 – Melina León
  • April 7-8 – STARSHIP featuring Mickey Thomas
  • April 9-10 – Don Felder, formerly of the Eagles
  • April 16-17 – Switchfoot
  • April 21-22 – A Flock of Seagulls
  • April 23-24 – Jo Dee Messina
  • April 28-29 – Ambrosia with Peter Beckett, The Voice Of Player
  • April 30, May 1 – Kool and the Gang
  • May 5-8 – Herman’s Hermits starring Peter Noone
  • May 12-15 – The Orchestra starring former members of ELO
  • May 19-20 – A.J. Croce: Croce Plays Croce – NEW
  • May 21-22 – Casting Crowns
  • May 26-27 – Jason Scheff, longtime lead singer of Chicago
  • May 28-29 – Rick Springfield
  • June 2-5 – Plain White T’s
  • June 9-10 – The Spinners
  • June 11-12 – The Commodores
  • June 16-17 – Vertical Horizon
  • June 18-19 – Tony Orlando
  • June 23-26 – Simple Plan
  • June 30, July 1 – Living Colour
  • July 2-3 – Wang Chung

Ooh, BOC:

6i0ks91ukl601.jpg

Cooool!

Sequels in the Works for ‘Toy Story,’ ‘Frozen,’ and ‘Zootopia’
Disney is working on more sequels to “Toy Story” and “Frozen,” and the first sequel to “Zootopia.”

Iger specifically said they have “sequels in the works” for these franchises and they will have “more to share” soon.

I know people always grouse about too many sequels, and Iger was the kind of big on sequels, but look what happens when they make original films - nobody watches them! Toy Story 5 will outperform Lightyear 100 times over, so who could blame them?

Last edited:
Iger also said during the call he asked D'Amaro to "carefully look at all the great franchises in the company" and "see where we can invest in them in the parks to increase capacity, while preserving guest satisfaction."

Scott Gustin Twitter
This basically confirms that we'll probably never see another non-IP ride in the parks ever again.

And that Zootopia in the Dinoland plot is more likely to actually happen.

I know people always grouse about too many sequels, and Iger was the kind og sequels, but look what happens when they make original films - nobody watches them! Toy Story 5 will outperform Lightyear 100 times over, so who could blame them?
It's sad because Lightyear was actually pretty good. Sox is one of my new favorites. And Lightyear wasn't even that original a story!
This basically confirms that we'll probably never see another non-IP ride in the parks ever again.

And that Zootopia in the Dinoland plot is more likely to actually happen.
UO changed everything with the Wizarding World. Everything has to come form a franchise now. It's what people want... Sigh

It's sad because Lightyear was actually pretty good. Sox is one of my new favorites. And Lightyear wasn't even that original a story!

UO changed everything with the Wizarding World. Everything has to come form a franchise now. It's what people want... Sigh
I think the seeds were planted earlier than that, like when El Rio del Tiempo was rethemed to Three Caballeros back in 2007. But yes, I agree that Wizarding World contributed to it. I don't hate IP in the parks but I would love another non-IP themed attraction. Some of my favorite rides in the parks (US and international) are not based on a preexisting franchise like Pirates, Spaceship Earth, Everest, Mystic Manor (never rode it but I want to someday), etc.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter