Master List of DVC Grills

My memory is a bit fuzzy, but it seems like I've always just brought tongs or a turner from the unit out to the grill (at all DVC properties). I would guess that the community hall might have some, as well, but that's just a guess.

I wouldn't count on anyone at the front desk having a clue.

My memory is a bit fuzzy, but it seems like I've always just brought tongs or a turner from the unit out to the grill (at all DVC properties). I would guess that the community hall might have some, as well, but that's just a guess.

I wouldn't count on anyone at the front desk having a clue.
For 1 BR or above there's always been something usable when we've grilled. Housekeeping could bring the needed tools for a studio. There is no direct check out area for tools that I am aware of.

Found another grill at SSR I wasn't aware of during our most recent trip. The "carousel" gazebo in the Carousel section also has two grills and two picnic tables.

I don't know whether the OP is still monitoring this thread... But I was wondering whether anyone knows whether there will be any grills at the new GFV? :confused3 If there are not to be any grills, it will be the only DVC property without at least one. I have heard nothing one way or the other... Anyone else?

Also, the comment about there currently being no grills at Aulani is out of date... I have read several reports that the grill patio is now up and operational. :thumbsup2

I don't know whether the OP is still monitoring this thread... But I was wondering whether anyone knows whether there will be any grills at the new GFV? :confused3 If there are not to be any grills, it will be the only DVC property without at least one. I have heard nothing one way or the other... Anyone else?

Also, the comment about there currently being no grills at Aulani is out of date... I have read several reports that the grill patio is now up and operational. :thumbsup2
Thanks for the updated info! First post updated!

I haven't heard anything about grills at the Grand Floridian, but I sure hope so.

Grilling tools and lighters are located at the community halls/centers for check out.

BCV tools are in the resort store at BC.

BWV has a very large party size grill.

The charcoal in the resort stores is the match light type that doesn't require lighter fluid.

:earsboy: Bill

Michael, helpful thread, we grill on every trip. Thanks for your hard work on this. We were expecting to have to walk across A1A on our Vero trip in October, and probably would have if not for your info.

Documents state there will be 2 gas grills by the sport court at VGF.

Here's what I do, I detest lighter fluid and do not use it (it's like I can taste it)!

1st I prepare snacks, appetizers, a pitcher of drinks! Then I get my bag of briquettes (even self starter briquettes are preferable to lighter fluid) and a newspaper (yes a whole one) and a lighter! Then I gather the teenagers, so they can carry it all to the grill area! I lay the whole paper at the bottom, pile on the briquesttes, light the paper! We have cocktail time, snack, drink, swim around the quiet pool! The coals are generally ready within 25 to 35 minutes, a bit less if using the self starters!! They are grey on top and red ambered in the middle!

This made me soooo excited for vacation :) Love this 'recipe' :)

The grills at the VGC are off the main floor of the Villas near the wall to DCA.

Now, can anyone else return the favor with a picture of the BCV grills?

One charcoal grill I did not see mentioned is the one by the SSR Carousel Gazebo/Picnic Area.

We were just grilling at Bay Lake Tower last week. Got all the gear, including the self-starting briquettes. Suddenly realized that we didn't have anything to light them with.

Went to front desk at BLT, and they suggested that we go buy a souvenir lighter in the market shop at the Contemporary. Went to that shop, asked whether I could buy matches, and they gave me some, no charge.

Never thought of consulting the community hall -- will consider that in the future.

Certainly grilling by the lake was a lovely experience.

We were just grilling at Bay Lake Tower last week. Got all the gear, including the self-starting briquettes. Suddenly realized that we didn't have anything to light them with.

Went to front desk at BLT, and they suggested that we go buy a souvenir lighter in the market shop at the Contemporary. Went to that shop, asked whether I could buy matches, and they gave me some, no charge.

Never thought of consulting the community hall -- will consider that in the future.

Certainly grilling by the lake was a lovely experience.

Did you check the gear out, buy it or bring it with you?

When you check it out they usually give you a lighter to use.

You normally check the grilling gear out from the same location that lets you check out the DVD movies. That can be different locations depending on the resort.

We always pack a lighter and steak seasoning. :)

When I go down to grill, I usually pack everything on our stroller -- charcoal, lighter fluid, lighter, steak seasoning, a platter, tongs, and the steaks.

I grilled three times last week at the Wilderness Lodge Villas and will be grilling twice this week at Beach Club Villas. Looking forward to grilling at Old Key West in December, Animal Kingdom Villas in February, and Bay Lake Tower in March!

We always pack a lighter and steak seasoning. :)

When I go down to grill, I usually pack everything on our stroller -- charcoal, lighter fluid, lighter, steak seasoning, a platter, tongs, and the steaks.

I grilled three times last week at the Wilderness Lodge Villas and will be grilling twice this week at Beach Club Villas. Looking forward to grilling at Old Key West in December, Animal Kingdom Villas in February, and Bay Lake Tower in March!

We're going to AK Villas later this year. Can you give me any advice about grilling there? Did you do it in February as planned? We're staying in a studio, so I hope they have grilling gear to check out.

Grilling tools and lighters are located at the community halls/centers for check out.

BCV tools are in the resort store at BC.

BWV has a very large party size grill.

The charcoal in the resort stores is the match light type that doesn't require lighter fluid.

I believe at BLT the grill items are at the Community Hall.

At VGF you get grill items from one of the CM's in the lobby.

Here are photos of VGFs grills.

DSCN1542_zps8c883e86.jpg

This photo shows the driveway into the parking lot for VGF guests.
DSCN1543_zpsd633f9ec.jpg

I believe at BLT the grill items are at the Community Hall.

At VGF you get grill items from one of the CM's in the lobby.

Here are photos of VGFs grills.

DSCN1542_zps8c883e86.jpg

This photo shows the driveway into the parking lot for VGF guests.
DSCN1543_zpsd633f9ec.jpg

This is great. I should have known to come here first. I just called front desk at GF and they said they had no record of it. I am guessing she was only looking up for the resort and not villas. Question is - how early will we need to be there to use it. Was thinking of July 4th. Burgers for breakfast? :)

This is great. I should have known to come here first. I just called front desk at GF and they said they had no record of it. I am guessing she was only looking up for the resort and not villas. Question is - how early will we need to be there to use it. Was thinking of July 4th. Burgers for breakfast? :)

Since VGF & Poly both have the new gas grills, timing the use of them between families won't be as difficult as say with the charcoal grills that populate the other resorts. As for how busy they'll be... it really depends on if you run into a family gathering out there or not. Many days the grills go unused. For the most part, these grills are not located near something folk want to hang out all day at so once fed folk should be moving along. (SSR has them near the pools, however.) Take note, I have not had the opportunity to use the gas grills yet, but I've heard there is a lock of sorts on the grill to prevent passersby from turning them on. You'll need to seek out the 'key' from the front desk.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter