Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun - 2023 Edition

They can still cap attendance if that's what's needed to keep guests satisfied.

But I can't see how adding attractions can reduce satisfaction.
I interpreted that comment as people complaining that the parks are inserting more and more IP. I see this sentiment shared on other Disney forums/discussions.

I don't recall Josh doing that but even so, this sounds like Iger wanting to go further.

It was about a month and a half before Iger returned.

D23 in Sept.

At 1:16. 50 Josh literally says "We have such a rich collection of stories to draw from".

Starting a 1:02 hour in he shares:

AK-Moana Land and Zootopia Land.

MK- Coca Land, Encanto Land and Villains Land.

But if Iger wants to go further that's awesome, even if more shows and smaller attractions as well.

My guess is these would increase guest satisfaction, esp without an increase in attendance capacity-and being IP.

Last edited:
I dunno - it depends on what they add. People complain about every new thing. "It's not thrilling enough!" "It's all screen-based!" "It doesn't fit in with Epcot's 1982 theming!" 🤣
I'm in two Disney FB groups and there are a ton of people complaining about Tron due to 1. the whole issue with certain body types being unable to fit 2. the lack of theming (a lot of people calling it boring and low effort) and 3. the ride being VERY short

I interpreted that comment as people complaining that the parks are inserting more and more IP. I see this sentiment shared on other Disney forums/discussions.

But that was literally the directive he gave.

Iger also said during the call he asked D'Amaro to "carefully look at all the great franchises in the company" and "see where we can invest in them in the parks to increase capacity, while preserving guest satisfaction."

Scott Gustin Twitter

I'm in two Disney FB groups and there are a ton of people complaining about Tron due to 1. the whole issue with certain body types being unable to fit 2. the lack of theming (a lot of people calling it boring and low effort) and 3. the ride being VERY short

I guess they never saw the original movie. It was pretty low in visual details compared to today's special FX. Can't they just put out a cardboard box or a plastic bag? Always seems to make my cat happy :rotfl2:

But that was literally the directive he gave.

It was the directive that Chapek had too. You will make 50% happy and 50% ticked off no matter what you do:confused3

I trust the process but still say South America > Zootopia (put Zootopia in studios)
I think Encanto, if that's what you are referring to, was suggested for an MK expansion behind BTMRR. If you are talking about a new Epcot pavilion, I'm all for that too. Caipirinhas, pao de queijo, alfajores, empanadas, and pisco sours here I come!

It was the directive that Chapek had too. You will make 50% happy and 50% ticked off no matter what you do:confused3

And Josh's as well as seen at D23.

Yea but I think it's mostly loud complainers.

I would guess 90 plus % of "Disney World" guests would not be ticked off if they added Moana Land, Zootopia Land, Coco Land, Encanto Land and Disney Villains Land.

I highly doubt 50%.

Last edited:
I'm guessing Animal Kingdom will be the next park to receive attention, as it has been nearly 6 years since Pandora opened in May (Which is just crazy to think it's been that long as Pandora still feels new). Considering Tron will open 9? years after 7 Dwarfs Mine Train (the last major addition to that park), It make sense that it'll be roughly the same time frame between things opening?

I'm guessing Animal Kingdom will be the next park to receive attention, as it has been nearly 6 years since Pandora opened in May (Which is just crazy to think it's been that long as Pandora still feels new). Considering Tron will open 9? years after 7 Dwarfs Mine Train (the last major addition to that park), It make sense that it'll be roughly the same time frame between things opening?

Yea and that's also why I don't believe adding 5 new IP Lands would be met with much disgust. Just give us something.

Also can't wait for Epic IP Universe.

I think Encanto, if that's what you are referring to, was suggested for an MK expansion behind BTMRR. If you are talking about a new Epcot pavilion, I'm all for that too. Caipirinhas, pao de queijo, alfajores, empanadas, and pisco sours here I come!
Yes Encanto was listed as part of beyond big Thunder but honestly I just felt as if Josh & Jennifer were pulling random IP from a hat

If they wanted a Moana flat ride they could of easily worked it into the Epcot walk through attraction and with Zootopia it would pale in comparison to anything Shanghai is doing which can’t be cloned stateside until 2028/2029

I assume once epcot gets its act together DAK will get an overhaul probably not until 2024/2025 at the earliest

And Josh's as well as seen at D23.

Yea but I think it's mostly loud complainers.

I would guess 90 plus % of "Disney World" guests would not be ticked off if they added Moana Land, Zootopia Land, Coco Land, Encanto Land and Disney Villains Land.

I highly doubt 50%.
I’m part of that 90%+, but I grew up on Disney movies as a 90s kid and will always be a movie fan first and parks fan second. So for my demographic I love them pulling from the wealth of movies they have because that’s Disney to me. I always wanted them to do a Tarzan coaster through the trees like the movie. It feels like that scene was meant to be a ride.

But I understand that you don’t have to be a Disney movie fan to be a parks fan and that there are plenty of people who prefer new original concepts.

Moon Girl Magic Comes to Disney California Adventure Park
8E41A35D-DAE2-4F6A-AA06-870055FD0F56.jpeg

For a limited time beginning Feb. 15 at Hollywood Land in Disney California Adventure park, you can encounter and interact with Moon Girl from the newest Disney series “Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur,” which debuts on Feb. 10 on Disney Channel and Feb. 15 on Disney+. The series follows the adventures of 13-year-old super-genius Lunella Lafayette (aka Moon Girl) and her 10-ton T-Rex, Devil Dinosaur, whom she accidentally brings into present-day New York City. The duo works together to protect the Lower East Side neighborhood in New York City from danger.

When Moon Girl lands in Disney California Adventure park on Feb. 15, guests can catch her in a special one-day only entertainment celebration, including a cavalcade on Hollywood Blvd, and stage show on the Hollywood Backlot Stage, but don’t worry, she’ll stay around for a little while!

Yes Encanto was listed as part of beyond big Thunder but honestly I just felt as if Josh & Jennifer were pulling random IP from a hat

If they wanted a Moana flat ride they could of easily worked it into the Epcot walk through attraction and with Zootopia it would pale in comparison to anything Shanghai is doing which can’t be cloned stateside until 2028/2029

They were totally using the MIAS system to come up with that :rotfl2: However, I think Chapek wasn't willing to give them money to do anything. I think Iger is. They always have to have something in their back pocket for when they get a windfall of money to spend. That's what the blue sky stuff is about. I don't know if they will put anything back there, but I honestly think it is something they have thought about and not just a passing fancy. AK will probably get love first, because putting anything beyond BTMRR will be expensive.

They were totally using the MIAS system to come up with that :rotfl2: However, I think Chapek wasn't willing to give them money to do anything. I think Iger is. They always have to have something in their back pocket for when they get a windfall of money to spend. That's what the blue sky stuff is about. I don't know if they will put anything back there, but I honestly think it is something they have thought about and not just a passing fancy. AK will probably get love first, because putting anything beyond BTMRR will be expensive.
Not to mention the 5 years on no train service with it under construction

I’m part of that 90%+, but I grew up on Disney movies as a 90s kid and will always be a movie fan first and parks fan second. So for my demographic I love them pulling from the wealth of movies they have because that’s Disney to me. I always wanted them to do a Tarzan coaster through the trees like the movie. It feels like that scene was meant to be a ride.

But I understand that you don’t have to be a Disney movie fan to be a parks fan and that there are plenty of people who prefer new original concepts.

I mean this is just a numbers issue imo, many more people have seen and been exposed to Disney movies than have been to the parks or have any kind of attachment to them. Disney's massive pop cultural reach has primarily been through the animated films. WDW has always been an expensive vacation and out of reach for a lot of people even in the US where Disney has a vice grip on the culture and a family trip to WDW is considered a rite of passage. I grew up with plenty of people who never went as kids, but still had those clamshell VHS cases on the shelf. Parks fans are notoriously myopic about these things, tbh, and I say that as a hardcore one who grew up going.

Personally I do wish there was more of a mix of original concepts and IP, but I'm also not a parks fundamentalist who gets rabies about IP being in the parks. If the attraction is fun, well themed and thoughtfully designed I don't actually care where the story came from. Some of the best and most beloved attractions at the parks are IP and not all of them were designed way back when (hi, Tower of Terror).

Not to mention the 5 years on no train service with it under construction
Nooooooooo! My poor heart couldn't take that again. Still haven't been able to ride it since it reopened, and I have the MK 45th Anniversary Railroad magic band. I might still wear it, even though I got an MB+, because I love to hear the horn toot when I use it at MK tapstiles.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter