Christening AND Maiden Voyage of the Dream...6 heavenly nights! COMPLETE

When you are on the ship, will you check and verify that any card in the slot will keep the lights on in the stateroom (like your grocery club card, library card etc). That is the case in all the hotels we've stayed in with this kind of system, but you know SOME of us Disboard people ;) are already panicing about lockin themselves out of the room, etc.

I'm happy to report that the answer to this is YES. I used a keycard from Disney World today and it works!

Also, there are real hairdryers in bags in the bathrooms, someone else wanted the answer to that...

Hi. I hope you enjoy your trip. We will be on the Dream March 3rd. I am so excited I am following every Dream thread I can find! One would think that knowing too much info ahead of time might spoil the experience. Not for this Disney Dream-er!!!:woohoo:

We're on the March 3rd cruise too..........:banana::banana::banana::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1: Can hardly wait!!!

Just read that you are in an 8D, are you deck 6 aft by any chance?
I'm trying to determine if 6170 and 6176 (which only sleep 4) have the bunk or the murphy as the fourth sleeping spot.

I just read your updates...all I can say is OMG!!!!! I can't wait. And I can't wait to see more of your pictures. You trip is really sounding like a dream come true.

Looks great! Hope you have a great time. How is the shopping? Anything you would not expect to see? Are they selling the pillows that look like the ones in the staterooms?:cool1:

What a great TR! You are so lucky! I can't wait to hear more. Have a wonderful time!

Just read that you are in an 8D, are you deck 6 aft by any chance?
I'm trying to determine if 6170 and 6176 (which only sleep 4) have the bunk or the murphy as the fourth sleeping spot.

Yes, I'm aft, but I'm 6672.

The one thing that is sort of annoying about the Murphy is that there is a chair that is against it during the day, but at night, it is sort of in the middle of the room. You can't really pull out the desk chair because there is not enough space, but the coffee table/trunk is in the way too, so you can't really do much with the chair. Minor issue, really...I'm not complaining about ANYTHING right now!

What a fantastic day so far...Castaway was so empty. I'll write more later...I did update some from yesterday but it isn't complete.

So, I got an email from them regarding the Christening:
Then, as I'm reading through it, I get a snotty email from dd5's kindergarten teacher about her missing school. So, my twins' middle school is totally fine with it...the office at the elementary school is fine with it...but daughter's kindergarten teacher started extolling on the virtures of attendance. I'm not an idiot, my 16 year old can't miss and she isn't going...but I feel very cranky about this. I simply replied "I know how importance attendance is, and I also know attendance is tied to funding." This is my second child in this woman's class, and we've also had school since July this year (year round). This teacher knows my daughter is never late, and never sick...but she has missed 5 days so far...and yes, she will miss for vacation. It is part of my job, and agree or not, I'm doing it. When I called the office they mentioned this teacher is apparently training to be an assistant pricinipal, and probably just wanted to make me aware...whatever. Kindergarten isn't even a required year in my state. I'm sure missing four days for this might effect her entrance to Harvard.

End rant.

So, about the party at MK...before they had indicated it would be around 6 PM, and then end at 11 or 12. Now I'm rethinking my Animal Kingdom day plan...maybe not enough MK!

We take our kids out for Disney World or Cruise. Last year we got a letter saying the kids had missed more than 10 days which is the maxed allowed, and that they could be held back in their grade. They count the days that the kids miss only 2 hours for leaving school for doctor appt. My son is out quite frequently for appts. and when I said this to them they said they were excused but still counted, but didn't(?), so I don't worry right now until they get in higher grades. They will be out this May and I have just tried to limit their abscences as much as possible.

Turns ut the kids only missed 2 days, snow days the other two, lol.

Just off the Dream...lots of updates coming!

Can't wait to read your updates, Erin! Sounds like an awesome trip!

After getting semi settled, or as much as you can get settled with no luggage, DH and DD5 stayed in the room and I took the twins on the stateroom tour. I saw a Concierge Family cabin, a one bedroom suite, and the Roy two bedroom suite. One word...awesome.

OoooooOooooooOOOoooo! Did you get any pictures? Were all the rooms behind the concierge gate or just the lounge part? We are going to try to get the Roy/Walt suite in 2012...if the rest of the dates would ever be released.... just dying to hear more about them!

I love reading your TR! I feel like I am right there with you.... until my phone rings and I realize I am supposed to be working!:scared1:

OoooooOooooooOOOoooo! Did you get any pictures? Were all the rooms behind the concierge gate or just the lounge part? We are going to try to get the Roy/Walt suite in 2012...if the rest of the dates would ever be released.... just dying to hear more about them!

I love reading your TR! I feel like I am right there with you.... until my phone rings and I realize I am supposed to be working!:scared1:

All of the rooms are behind the gates, and YES I have a ton of pictures! I would have put them in already but the connection was too slow to upload. I will get them up at some point today.

My kids are on the website for the Orlando Sentinal today...

All of the rooms are behind the gates, and YES I have a ton of pictures! I would have put them in already but the connection was too slow to upload. I will get them up at some point today.

Any luck with an 8A room?

No, sorry. I tried knocking on a couple with no response and my stateroom host couldn't help either. I will try again in 5 days...

Here's a thought I had last night, do you think they have no one staying in the 8A's or the 9A Forward rooms at this time as they don't want the info on those rooms to get out before the Maiden Voyage? :confused3

I can't believe after 2 weeks of people being on that ship none of this info has leaked out yet.

How fun it is to have your children on the website!!

I have been checking back often for your TR so I am sure I will catch those pictures when you can post them!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter