Christening AND Maiden Voyage of the Dream...6 heavenly nights! COMPLETE

subbing...want to hear all about your experience...every detail!!!!! I'm planning on an october trip on the dream Lord Willing!!

Sounds like a lot of fun! I'm excited about the Dream though I don't know when I'll be sailing on her....hopefully sooner rather than later.

Looking forward to your report on the new ship :)

Hi. I am subscribed to your thread. I am so looking forward to your TR.

I will be on the Dream for the March 3-6, 2011 Bahamas cruise and can hardly wait! party:

I'm officially antsy.

I'm a planner...for vacations. Everyday life gets handled day by day :rotfl:.

So far, what I know for the Christening event is very little. I know where we are staying, and that we'll be at Magic Kingdom sometime around 6 PM on the 18th, and I know we head to port around 7 AM on the 19th. I know that the Christening ceremony at port is somewhere around 10, and that we are onboard by 1 PM. I know we are leaving Castaway Cay pretty early on the 2th. I know transfers are provided. I know there is a hospitality room at Wilderness Lodge.

That is about it :lmao:.

Ooh, and I know our cabin...an oceanview family stateroom that sleeps 5.

Rumors...lanyards for the party. Special event for TAs only then families later. Food coupons provided. Several others unconfirmed.

Patiently waiting :love:. We leave next Monday, a week from today!

I can't wait to read all about it. Especially seeing the cabin for a family of 5. We are going on our first DCL family cruise in Oct. on the Dream and we are a family of 5 so I am really interested in seeing the room.

I can't wait to read all about it. Especially seeing the cabin for a family of 5. We are going on our first DCL family cruise in Oct. on the Dream and we are a family of 5 so I am really interested in seeing the room.

I'm pretty excited that they gave me an oceanview instead of a verandah. That might sound silly, but I've seen Cat 4s, I know what the configuration is...I am really interested to see how they do 5 in an oceanview. I'm really hoping they give us stateroom numbers that will be open for viewing.

On the Maiden we have interiors, can't wait to see the virtual portholes!

Subbing! I'm really looking forward to hearing your report!

So, I got an email from them regarding the Christening:

Attached please find your confirmation regarding your Walt Disney World Resort stay at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge Resort.

We will have a Hospitality Suite at the Wilderness Lodge on the 18th for you to stop in and pick up your Event information and we will have Disney Cruise Line there as well to finish your check in process for your Cruise on the new Disney Dream.

The pre-Cruise Party Event in the Magic Kingdom on the evening of the 18th will be from approximately 7:30pm to 10:00pm for everyone to attend. The next morning will be an early morning as the Disney Cruise Line Buses will arrive at the Resort at 7:00am to begin boarding to take everyone to the Port for the Christening Celebration.

Attire throughout the Christening Sailing Event is Resort Casual.

Then, as I'm reading through it, I get a snotty email from dd5's kindergarten teacher about her missing school. So, my twins' middle school is totally fine with it...the office at the elementary school is fine with it...but daughter's kindergarten teacher started extolling on the virtures of attendance. I'm not an idiot, my 16 year old can't miss and she isn't going...but I feel very cranky about this. I simply replied "I know how importance attendance is, and I also know attendance is tied to funding." This is my second child in this woman's class, and we've also had school since July this year (year round). This teacher knows my daughter is never late, and never sick...but she has missed 5 days so far...and yes, she will miss for vacation. It is part of my job, and agree or not, I'm doing it. When I called the office they mentioned this teacher is apparently training to be an assistant pricinipal, and probably just wanted to make me aware...whatever. Kindergarten isn't even a required year in my state. I'm sure missing four days for this might effect her entrance to Harvard.

End rant.

So, about the party at MK...before they had indicated it would be around 6 PM, and then end at 11 or 12. Now I'm rethinking my Animal Kingdom day plan...maybe not enough MK!

Hi! The teacher is just probably jealous because you guys are going on a vacation!!! lol.... I know I AM!!! Well, not exactly, lol. We're going on a 2 night cruise to nowhere with the Wonder next week!! Also, i would like to Thank You for your MED Trip report last year, showed it to DH (loved your pics!!) and after reading and looking at the pics, I was able to convinced him to book a MED cruise this summer!!!! We are very excited. We are originally booked with the Dream and changed it to Magic to do the Med cruise.

Have a wonderful cruise!!!

Hi! The teacher is just probably jealous because you guys are going on a vacation!!! lol.... I know I AM!!! Well, not exactly, lol. We're going on a 2 night cruise to nowhere with the Wonder next week!! Also, i would like to Thank You for your MED Trip report last year, showed it to DH (loved your pics!!) and after reading and looking at the pics, I was able to convinced him to book a MED cruise this summer!!!! We are very excited. We are originally booked with the Dream and changed it to Magic to do the Med cruise.

Have a wonderful cruise!!!

I am so glad that was helpful to you! I really enjoyed writing it...my husband thought I was a little wacky writing so many details, but I was so happy to share that amazing experience with others. Plus every few months I'll read through it and remember!

That 2 day should be fun...I have several clients on that, it is nice to do especially if you live in that area.

Hopefully I will have equally great pictures of the Dream:)

So excited for you and I can't wait to read your reports. I'll be cruising the Dream in April and my family and I are just ravenous for new information.

As I sit in Indy at a cheer competition (okay, as I sit here getting a pedicure while my dd is at practice in Indy) I am dreaming about the Dream. Cruise booklet received yesterday, and it is much like the Maiden, but it says Christening cruise on the cover, which obviously I will make into a magnet. We are staying in a hotel connected to the competition as well as a giant mall, and I managed to spend less then$ 40 at Victoria's Secret...must restrain myself with visions of a Dream Dooney...I am nervous as Sunday weather is predicting slushy crap...let's get that over with on Sunday although that means I will have to drive home from the comp in it, but that is better than it affecting my flight on Monday. I will drive to FL if I have to:)

We get itineraries and get checked in for the cruise at the hopitality room at Wilderness Lodge on Tuesday. I still do not know much more than that:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter