Blue Sky Rumor: Ride coming to UK Pavilion?

Nothing necessarily...

But if you notice they've moved on building more of that type of ride in recent years...and haven't don't anything in the realm of a splash of a tower of terror.

Well I'd say it depends. I think with something like Ariel in MK people were expecting more from that ride. Whereas people love HM.

Omnimovers are simple and high capacity. Many die hard Disney fans want new types of ride systems rather than the same old stuff.
True, I guess it's like universal and whatever vehicle type Spider-Man runs with? I thought it was the system you were against, I was concerned there actually

True, I guess it's like universal and whatever vehicle type Spider-Man runs with? I thought it was the system you were against, I was concerned there actually

Omnimoverd have their purpose...as do mass boat rides...

What can't happen is Disney to 100% abandon technical innovation in its designs...because whether they want to fund it or not, a great amount of the success and longterm appeal of the disneylands is that they brought new things to captivate, and weave with story.

They haven't tried in years in Orlando...so let's see what rolls out in May. A lot at stake...if we're fair.

Omnimoverd have their purpose...as do mass boat rides...

What can't happen is Disney to 100% abandon technical innovation in its designs...because whether they want to fund it or not, a great amount of the success and longterm appeal of the disneylands is that they brought new things to captivate, and weave with story.

They haven't tried in years in Orlando...so let's see what rolls out in May. A lot at stake...if we're fair.

I think I am most excited for the Slinky coaster next year!

I think I am most excited for the Slinky coaster next year!

Except that is just a standard ride system with tshirt material slapped on it.

That can work well...it was done very well with rockinroller coaster and mine train is a good kiddie land attraction...

...but they have to stretch boundaries more than that as well. They've done nothing rivaling splash mountain since...well
Splash mountain.

I am excited for trackless systems in WDW. I thought luigi's at DCA was a perfect Disney blend of symplicity, technology, and fun with no strings attached.

It's a sin that Florida is the last to get this type of thing, honestly. We pay all the bills and rarely get to eat.

Except that is just a standard ride system with tshirt material slapped on it.

That can work well...it was done very well with rockinroller coaster and mine train is a good kiddie land attraction...

...but they have to stretch boundaries more than that as well. They've done nothing rivaling splash mountain since...well
Splash mountain.

I am excited for trackless systems in WDW. I thought luigi's at DCA was a perfect Disney blend of symplicity, technology, and fun with no strings attached.

It's a sin that Florida is the last to get this type of thing, honestly. We pay all the bills and rarely get to eat.
I think Star Wars will definitely have some innovation in it. I also think the besides the fact the yeti is broken (which is realize is a HUGE issue) that Everest does use some clever innovations in the track flipping and whatnot.

I'm also hoping that the banshee ride at pandora has some nice innovation to it as well. Will definitely be fast passing that my first day in august

I think Star Wars will definitely have some innovation in it. I also think the besides the fact the yeti is broken (which is realize is a HUGE issue) that Everest does use some clever innovations in the track flipping and whatnot.

I'm also hoping that the banshee ride at pandora has some nice innovation to it as well. Will definitely be fast passing that my first day in august

The banshee ride is what I'm pointing to...it's a big measuring stick.

The yeti doesn't work, therefore the ride doesn't work...and I could give some points for attempt if they hadn't just ignored it...like wonders of life...like imagination...like stitch...

"Oh well, screw em...they already paid"

Not to sound nostalgic...but that is not the Disney way...or anywhere close.

The banshee ride is what I'm pointing to...it's a big measuring stick.

The yeti doesn't work, therefore the ride doesn't work...and I could give some points for attempt if they hadn't just ignored it...like wonders of life...like imagination...like stitch...

"Oh well, screw em...they already paid"

Not to sound nostalgic...but that is not the Disney way...or anywhere close.
oh gosh the Yeti debate again. I just really don't think the movement would make THAT big a difference.

There's an "ignore" button/feature that makes things more readable.
Just saying

seriously? you're right I disagree so I should ignore the posts that even mention the yeti. Just because I didn't comment on the rest of the post doesn't mean it wasn't worth reading. I care about the implications of the Banshee ride :cool:

oh gosh the Yeti debate again. I just really don't think the movement would make THAT big a difference.

Not to rehash...but if imagineering designs an attraction with a storyline (they do)...and the funding is allocated to build that storyline (it was)...then it must work to design.

Test track was rife with problems (3 years of delays worth)...they worked it out.

Not to rehash...but if imagineering designs an attraction with a storyline (they do)...and the funding is allocated to build that storyline (it was)...then it must work to design.

Test track was rife with problems (3 years of delays worth)...they worked it out.

See I can understand that argument for it. I would hate to be at the park during a refurb for Everest though. It is one of the only rides I am willing to wait in the standby line for to go on multiple times!

seriously? you're right I disagree so I should ignore the posts that even mention the yeti. Just because I didn't comment on the rest of the post doesn't mean it wasn't worth reading. I care about the implications of the Banshee ride :cool:

I appreciate your difference of opinion AND your class.

I never have an issue with those things...it's when smugness without basis shows up that the pool gets closed.

See I can understand that argument for it. I would hate to be at the park during a refurb for Everest though. It is one of the only rides I am willing to wait in the standby line for to go on multiple times!

It's the nature of the beast...they operate on a 365 calendar and this is always gonna be the price to be paid.

I'm throwing gasoline into the fire because it's so much fun: am I the only one who didn't think the yeti was that impressive :D

I'm throwing gasoline into the fire because it's so much fun: am I the only one who didn't think the yeti was that impressive :D

Does that actually matter? The point is that was the ride design.

And besides...if you're gonna make the argument it's "better without it" then there isn't really a leg to stand on. Hypothetically, of course.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter