• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Blue Sky Rumor: Ride coming to UK Pavilion?

Absolutely not...which kinda calls into question the validity of this whole thing, huh?

I find it hard to believe. Plus I don't know how much more foot traffic WS could handle without major upgrades to sidewalk areas. It gets tight as it is. I personally believe it negatively affects the immersion that WS offers. Cattle stalls and lighted wait time and fast pass signage everywhere. Is it a theme park or amusement park? Now let me say I would not be overly surprised seeing what they did to Norway. But they just retooled.. not from ground up. I think Disney saw an opportunity to stick Frozen merchandise in Norway and draw a crowd to that merchandise. I just don't believe that is the vision of WS.

Disney doesn't always announce something before construction starts. Gondolas for example.

Can they use the gondolas (still hypothetical) to pump to sell vacation packages for 5 years while they get around to building it?

Cause that's how it goes with rides. In Fact...the gondolas are being handled the opposite...I wonder if there is bad news coming?

Can they use the gondolas (still hypothetical) to pump to sell vacation packages for 5 years while they get around to building it?

Cause that's how it goes with rides. In Fact...the gondolas are being handled the opposite...I wonder if there is bad news coming?
Never any optimism. Again I'm no type saying Epcot is going to get a major renovation project like DCA or something but it's almost certain they'll get updates.

Never any optimism. Again I'm no type saying Epcot is going to get a major renovation project like DCA or something but it's almost certain they'll get updates.

Logically speaking I'd agree with you...

Nothing they've done with Epcot since 2000 has been logical...really nothing at all. They shoehorned soarin in there and replaced horizons...that's about it in 20 years

EPCOT used to have this great experience, each of the pavilions in the front part of the park could occupy an hour or more of your time easily, (aside from any time spent in line) going through the rides/experiences/exhibits in them, and then travel back to the countries for meals, movie/show/ride (in two countries) and a cultural experience. Now, most of the pavilions are good for 10-15 minutes at best (except maybe The Land and the terminally long Universe) as there just isn't much left in them that is enjoyable. There used to be so much more to experience in the front of the park. Now that the front seems to be moving to thrill style rides, the countries need to support the more family style entertainment. Mexico and Norway had nice rides that were moderately educational and enjoyable. With the number of people going to these parks, there needs to be more available to spread the crowds and entertain the masses.

England could offer walkthroughs of some of there amazing history (walk, omni or boat). Not a thrill ride, but a nice addition to the current experience.
China's movie just needs an update.
Germany could offer a Rhine river cruise of some type (think this might have originally been in the plans).
Italy has so many options its frightening. With all of the cultural history, thrill potential with Pompeii, Venice boat ride, etc., there are many options here.
Japan - bullet train ride (in the original plan I believe), countryside aerial tour (360 movie would be fine)
Morocco - again, cultural history that can be explored through film, short ride of many types, many options here.
France - Ratatouille may fight, but I really don't want to see IP in EPCOT. Put this ride in at DHS in Pixar Place (Toy Story land is an awful idea).

That's after 5 minutes of thought. I bet after 3 months of careful thought amazing ideas can be created that stay closer to the vision of EPCOT without making it a spread out Magic Kingdom.

EPCOT used to have this great experience, each of the pavilions in the front part of the park could occupy an hour or more of your time easily, (aside from any time spent in line) going through the rides/experiences/exhibits in them, and then travel back to the countries for meals, movie/show/ride (in two countries) and a cultural experience. Now, most of the pavilions are good for 10-15 minutes at best (except maybe The Land and the terminally long Universe) as there just isn't much left in them that is enjoyable. There used to be so much more to experience in the front of the park. Now that the front seems to be moving to thrill style rides, the countries need to support the more family style entertainment. Mexico and Norway had nice rides that were moderately educational and enjoyable. With the number of people going to these parks, there needs to be more available to spread the crowds and entertain the masses.

England could offer walkthroughs of some of there amazing history (walk, omni or boat). Not a thrill ride, but a nice addition to the current experience.
China's movie just needs an update.
Germany could offer a Rhine river cruise of some type (think this might have originally been in the plans).
Italy has so many options its frightening. With all of the cultural history, thrill potential with Pompeii, Venice boat ride, etc., there are many options here.
Japan - bullet train ride (in the original plan I believe), countryside aerial tour (360 movie would be fine)
Morocco - again, cultural history that can be explored through film, short ride of many types, many options here.
France - Ratatouille may fight, but I really don't want to see IP in EPCOT. Put this ride in at DHS in Pixar Place (Toy Story land is an awful idea).

That's after 5 minutes of thought. I bet after 3 months of careful thought amazing ideas can be created that stay closer to the vision of EPCOT without making it a spread out Magic Kingdom.

Today, to ride energy adventure, it was a 5 minute wait. Today, to get a spring roll and beer was 20 minutes.

I don't know I kind of like the idea of all the parks having the same "quantity" of attractions as the magic kingdom
No one is talking about quantity, people are talking about types of rides. Frankly, I can find enough to do in WS with the singers, acts, movies, rides, and shows that I don't need more rides. I do believe several countries are behind the curve in terms of attractions, but for the most part, I'm not sure where you put something for Morocco, Italy, Canada, or Germany.

No one is talking about quantity, people are talking about types of rides. Frankly, I can find enough to do in WS with the singers, acts, movies, rides, and shows that I don't need more rides. I do believe several countries are behind the curve in terms of attractions, but for the most part, I'm not sure where you put something for Morocco, Italy, Canada, or Germany.

Yep. I can spend more time in WS than all of HS currently. I just want culturally correct content in WS. Nothing makes me feel more like I'm in France than a boat ride with rats singing while they cook....

If I were to guess, I think the whole International gateway will get a re-design with the Gondola's coming in. It's proximity to England, means it will be a quick hit to do something there. The ground will be torn up, infrastructure additions will be as easy as it gets. It's like a target of economic convenience. I suspect France might also be in that same boat. That area is likely to get a lot of love as part of the Gondola project. I'm sure there is pressure to take advantage of that opportunity.
The international gateway as it sits likely will not quite be up to speed for the additional traffic the gondola will bring. While the tram turn around affords a decent amount of space. It really is barely enough for the offloading and loading, let alone combining with park entrance. Add the rumor of epcot resort expansion in the same general area, it certainly seems like there is brainstorming to maximize what can be done in that one area. If you are going to add something to England, now is the time.

Gondolas are no hypothetical, they have permits filed and money is budgeted.

Gondolas are no hypothetical, they have permits filed and money is budgeted.

Many, many, MANY things have been canceled at later stages...pop century was under construction and was mothballed.

I think they are proceeding...but I want to see what the final product is going to be and what the change to the resort landscape will be. I think it will be significant.

I believe the moderate class is going away and fast. Not because it's "nicer"...because they are gonna just charge more and people will swallow it. That's a big deal.

So lots to watch for...it's not like they are gonna put a ski lift on Caribbean and everybody can keep paying their package installment plans to travel company for free dining. Nope...not this time.

And here's the deal with Webboards and "budgets"...
I only know the smallest tip of the iceberg firsthand about Disney and money...but it's enough to know that nobody on DIS, wdwnt, WDW magic, etc. has the foggiest clue what they're doing with their money. And they never will.

And mention of "budget" is 100% hypothetical and more PR than substance. Major corporations do what they want and Disney is no different.

I only know the smallest tip of the iceberg firsthand about Disney and money...but it's enough to know that nobody on DIS, wdwnt, WDW magic, etc. has the foggiest clue what they're doing with their money. And they never will.

I would imagine everything on the corporate side of Disney is so silo'd that there is probably one department, or group of people, that determine the budget for all the other departments. Then those departments take that money that's allocated to them and put it towards approved projects. At any point in time orders from on high can come and squash whatever is currently being worked on.

What I'm trying to get at is sometimes the people that actually handle the budget don't even know what's going on because it can change at any minute.

I don't work in my companies budget department, but from speaking to individuals who do, that's pretty much how it is here. We are a fortune 200 company.

I would imagine everything on the corporate side of Disney is so silo'd that there is probably one department, or group of people, that determine the budget for all the other departments. Then those departments take that money that's allocated to them and put it towards approved projects. At any point in time orders from on high can come and squash whatever is currently being worked on.

What I'm trying to get at is sometimes the people that actually handle the budget don't even know what's going on because it can change at any minute.

I don't work in my companies budget department, but from speaking to individuals who do, that's pretty much how it is here. We are a fortune 200 company.

That's my point...

"It's been budgeted" keeps being offered as proof around here after somebody reads it off an article in yahoo business and then spins some elaborated story about how it's "insider" Info...that is the genesis of 99.9% of these things...

...so after lunch when I crown myself Queen of Sheba...it will have just slightly less validity.

That's my point...

"It's been budgeted" keeps being offered as proof around here after somebody reads it off an article in yahoo business and then spins some elaborated story about how it's "insider" Info...that is the genesis of 99.9% of these things...

...so after lunch when I crown myself Queen of Sheba...it will have just slightly less validity.

Right, I should have said I'm on the same page with you on this specific item.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter