AP Only Info Thread Reservation System /Extensions / Refunds

I called Disney AGAIN in regards to refund, waited 45 min on hold and finally got a CM. The last two phone calls to them about two weeks ago, I was told that the escalation team would be calling me in 7-10 business days after they did research on what happened to my refund. Well that has come and gone. So, I called back today for a status on when I'd get a call back and because this is a pattern, not surprisingly I was told that the escalation team doesn't call customers. So the last two people I talked to were incorrect and I have another wasted chunk of time waiting on a call back when no one was going to call me. So today I spent another 1.5 hours on the phone to be told that the refund was sent back to a Mastercard. Well, here is the funny thing, I don't have a Mastercard. No one associated to my account has a Mastercard. So placed back on hold for the CM to reach back out to escalation team to find out again what is going on. I have called over a dozen times since September when I was originally told I would get the refund put back on my Disney Visa and then told a check was sent out and then told neither was correct and then told they would research to find out what is going on and they would call me but no call and then that was incorrect info. When does management get involved at this customer service breakdown? How can you get a different answer every time you call the same customer service number? Who is this "escalation team" that is untouchable like a wizard behind the curtain? I repeat the same things every call and it's like the first time I am saying it. I always thought the saying "pulling my hair out" as being dramatic, but now I get it and want to pull my hair out.
This is interesting and similar to my situation. I was also told during one of my calls that our refunds were already put back onto a Mastercard, and like you we don't have a Mastercard. They couldn't tell me the last 4 digits either. Other people I talked to said they didn't know anything about a Mastercard refund. I've been told multiple times that a check is on the way 'guaranteed' and months later, nothing.

This is interesting and similar to my situation. I was also told during one of my calls that our refunds were already put back onto a Mastercard, and like you we don't have a Mastercard. They couldn't tell me the last 4 digits either. Other people I talked to said they didn't know anything about a Mastercard refund. I've been told multiple times that a check is on the way 'guaranteed' and months later, nothing.
Makes no sense and is infuriating. I got another answer at the end of the call... They are putting a "stop payment" on the credit card refund (what credit card refund?) and will mail me a check, which they said will be received in 8-12 weeks. So even though I cancelled in July, and was told my refund would be received at the end of September, then was told it would be the end of October, then was told the first week of November... now it will be another 8-12 weeks from when they start working on my file, which she said could be another 4 weeks until they actually start working on getting my refund in the check system to be sent out in 8-12 weeks. Worst case she said I should have the check no later than 16 weeks. I actually laughed out loud typing that because of how insane this is.

I mentioned this above, I canceled earlier in July. I was refunded by mid-July. MDE still showed active annual pass, which matched the Disney letter which said passes are active thru Aug 11. FYI: I used my pass to visit WDW after the refund and before Aug 11 *it worked fine.* The whole time the pass was still active in MDE (with my future expiration date). Now, Aug 15, MDE still shows active pass and I’ve got a trip planned over the next month. I’ll post back if the pass still works.

Did it work when you went back again?

Makes no sense and is infuriating. I got another answer at the end of the call... They are putting a "stop payment" on the credit card refund (what credit card refund?) and will mail me a check, which they said will be received in 8-12 weeks. So even though I cancelled in July, and was told my refund would be received at the end of September, then was told it would be the end of October, then was told the first week of November... now it will be another 8-12 weeks from when they start working on my file, which she said could be another 4 weeks until they actually start working on getting my refund in the check system to be sent out in 8-12 weeks. Worst case she said I should have the check no later than 16 weeks. I actually laughed out loud typing that because of how insane this is.

How frustrating. What a circus this whole refund process is. I don't understand why it is so hard for them to have a streamlined process. Heck, to even have a database with the customers info that could be pulled up and the comments there. If we treated our customers like this we would be losing customers left and right. I guess they are thinking they really can't lose the customer since it's not an actual recurring payment. So hey, why not hold onto the cash as long as possible.

In renewal news. I was called back today and am currently on hold while they sort out new DVC Gold passes for us. I am able to use the value of my existing tickets and they won't start until we use them for the first time. I was able to purchase for the entire traveling party including my wife who did not have a pass that expired in the last year.

I called Disney AGAIN in regards to refund, waited 45 min on hold and finally got a CM. The last two phone calls to them about two weeks ago, I was told that the escalation team would be calling me in 7-10 business days after they did research on what happened to my refund. Well that has come and gone. So, I called back today for a status on when I'd get a call back and because this is a pattern, not surprisingly I was told that the escalation team doesn't call customers. So the last two people I talked to were incorrect and I have another wasted chunk of time waiting on a call back when no one was going to call me. So today I spent another 1.5 hours on the phone to be told that the refund was sent back to a Mastercard. Well, here is the funny thing, I don't have a Mastercard. No one associated to my account has a Mastercard. So placed back on hold for the CM to reach back out to escalation team to find out again what is going on. I have called over a dozen times since September when I was originally told I would get the refund put back on my Disney Visa and then told a check was sent out and then told neither was correct and then told they would research to find out what is going on and they would call me but no call and then that was incorrect info. When does management get involved at this customer service breakdown? How can you get a different answer every time you call the same customer service number? Who is this "escalation team" that is untouchable like a wizard behind the curtain? I repeat the same things every call and it's like the first time I am saying it. I always thought the saying "pulling my hair out" as being dramatic, but now I get it and want to pull my hair out.
get ready for a 8-10 week research timeframe. that was my last email. that it's 8-10 weeks for research to see what happened before they send a new refund.

im beyond furious cause it's my money and i expect my money. just like disney expects their money all the time i want what is mine.

get ready for a 8-10 week research timeframe. that was my last email. that it's 8-10 weeks for research to see what happened before they send a new refund.

im beyond furious cause it's my money and i expect my money. just like disney expects their money all the time i want what is mine.
I’ve turned to Twitter to public shame them and apply pressure that way. We’ll see where that gets us...

I have a current pass that can be renewed. If I was able to renew but stop the clock on the renewal, I would in a heartbeat. Has anyone managed to get Disney to do this?

I’ve turned to Twitter to public shame them and apply pressure that way. We’ll see where that gets us...
I do zero social media so I’m out on assistance there. I just keep coming back here to make it known.
I have no idea why people are still buying tickets with how pathetic Disney has been with this. Dvc isn’t getting my dues either till I get my refund. They aren’t getting a dime from me till I get mine. I would again expect this from a Shady back room dealing internet company not a billion dollar powerhouse.

I have a current pass that can be renewed. If I was able to renew but stop the clock on the renewal, I would in a heartbeat. Has anyone managed to get Disney to do this?
No. I even have an email saying I could effectively do that from passholder support that they aren’t honoring. At a certain point fighting to pay someone several grand just feels silly so I’ve given up.

At this point I wonder what would happen if I showed up at the park and tried to use my AP. As far as Disney has told me it would work since they haven't started processing my refund yet my expiration date got moved to July for some reason.

What’s weird is that I got my (albeit minuscule) water park refund for our Platinum Plus passes about a month ago, way before I expected them from having read about the problems people were having with refunds.

I’m really glad we decided to just keep our APs. We had renewed in May during the closure, and the extensions now mean our APs don’t expire until October 2021. Yeah, it’s annoying that we can’t get to WDW until the Canada-US border eventually reopens, but at least we have no-hassle active passes for that eventual trip.

At this point I wonder what would happen if I showed up at the park and tried to use my AP. As far as Disney has told me it would work since they haven't started processing my refund yet my expiration date got moved to July for some reason.
I dont know, but I do know that I was able to get AP discounts on shopdisney long after I told them I wanted to cancel.

I believe they are intentionally stalling refunds because of cash flow issues...very concerning.
If it were strictly that, why wouldn’t they want to sell new APs to people who want them, even knowing all the things that are missing right now?

If it were strictly that, why wouldn’t they want to sell new APs to people who want them, even knowing all the things that are missing right now?

Because they get more money from people buying multi day tickets. They have been wanting to get rid of APs for years.

get an email chain going. that's what i have. i have in writing that i am suppose to get a check so they admit they owe me money and i have the whole chain of all the different stories they are giving me. i don't trust any of that CM in the notes stuff. I have it in writing now all the he said she said.
They have told us they can’t email out any of their notes. What a bunch of crap. Also, they say they can’t get a transaction number for the credit card refund. As someone who was in customer service for years and years, I don’t see how that’s possible. My husband has now been on the phone with them for 3 1/2 hours today and still going and no closer to an answer.

Last edited:
Latest update... after five hours and forty minutes, they said they will “escalate it” and then they had the gall to ask if there was anything else they could do for us. My husband said “You haven’t done anything except read back the notes I just told you”. The very last one he was connected to said there’s no one on earth who can fix this for us. Then he disconnected my husband. His name was Santiago. Is anyone interested in a class action lawsuit? At this point it’s the principle.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts