AP Only Info Thread Reservation System /Extensions / Refunds

Let me start off by saying I have read exactly zero posts in this thread, just passing along my recent experience.

We just returned yesterday from our first trip back to WDW since the shutdown.

Here's how they handled our AP's/renewals.

First...the circumstances:

This was our first trip back since Late Oct/Early November last year. We were supposed to go in late May last year, but of course that trip was cancelled. Our AP's were on a November 16th expiration schedule. We had renewed our AP's last year just after returning from our trip.

So, for basically a year, our AP renewals were showing up in our MDE account as renewal certificates with an expiration date of 12/31/2030. So, here's how our circumstances were handled...

We arrived at Epcot Tuesday, 11/10. When we attempted to enter the park, we were denied access...which we were sort of expecting. They cast member directed us to a ticket booth. When we got to the ticket booth, the cast member saw the circumstances that we had new AP renewals that would expire in 6 days, she didn't feel that was fair (without me saying a word, by the way), so she directed us to Guest Services.

We walked over to GS, and after looking everything over, a very helpful cast member by the name of Phuong told us the the "best" he could do for us is to have us pay the difference in a full price Gold Pass and a renewal Gold Pass...roughly $115 per pass. I honestly felt that this was more than fair, since I was expecting nothing more than a possible credit towards a renewal for the amount of time that WDW was closed.

I'm actually fairly happy with the way they handled it, as I was expecting a much more expensive outcome.

My AP went live on March 1st 2020 and then Disney shut down about 2 weeks later.

We are out of state and had a Platinum Plus pass.

Got a check today.....the kind with the tear off stubs on the ends and edge for 1169.18

Last edited:
I wish our USPS preview was working. We haven't had a preview notification come through in about 6 weeks.

I got my husband’s AP refund. But not his AP renewal certificate refund. I sure would like to have our $655.00 back. Waiting 7 months is just not right.

Okay time to check in with the experts. On July 15th we canceled our annual passes. We first used them on February 10th with two more trips planned for 2020 and another the beginning of February 2021.

Today we finally received a check for about half of what was calculated. So I check on the app and find one pass is still active set to expire July 2021. Sitting on phone hold now, anyone with a similar circumstance and were you successful in getting in fixed? Assume another couple of months to receive the check.

Interesting that some of you have received multiple refunds and I am still waiting for at least one

Received 1 check for both time closed and cancelled AP today for $889.75. Originally expired December 14 2020. I’m very happy with the amount.

Interesting that some of you have received multiple refunds and I am still waiting for at least one

We're in the same boat. We're waiting for refunds on 4 Platinum Plus passes. I called back in May and requested a refund instead of an extension via phone. I also submitted my request via the links they sent out in July. I also contacted them via e-mail in October, but received a canned response from someone. I'm estimating that we should receive a little over $1,300 total assuming the formula is [Amount Paid] * ([Number of Days Closed] / 365). Our original form of payment is active, and I've been checking that account regularly, as well as watching the mail. No luck yet.

My original expiration was 6/9/20 for platinum pass for myself and daughter. Requested a refund in August. Received a check today for $189.43 which appears to be for only one pass. I've emailed to see what they tell me. Both passes have been removed from MDE for some time.

My AP refund check was received today for the closure period. The check is dated 11/06/2020 and has a postage meter date of 11/09/2020. They must have done a massive batch of checks on that date.

The check has the notation: "Paying Agent for: WD Parks & Resorts US, Inc." The issuer is Disney Worldwide Services, Inc. which is the return address name on the outside of the check mailer.

There is a secure site referenced on the check, which turns out to be Disney's Supplier Management Portal, identified on the refund check as Disney's "self service and accelerated cash site."

I never received the email offering an AP refund, but called in the request during the first week of August.

Okay time to check in with the experts. On July 15th we canceled our annual passes. We first used them on February 10th with two more trips planned for 2020 and another the beginning of February 2021.

Today we finally received a check for about half of what was calculated. So I check on the app and find one pass is still active set to expire July 2021. Sitting on phone hold now, anyone with a similar circumstance and were you successful in getting in fixed? Assume another couple of months to receive the check.
Did you cancel both of your passes at the same time? I unbeknownst to me thought by responding to the email mail mid July, I was responding for both passes purchased at the same time. But, mine was cancelled and my husband wound up not being cancelled till mid Sept. Thus, a CM told me that even though we didn’t use the passes at all since the beginning of Covid, my husband would get two months less of a refund than me, since mine was cancelled mid July. We have been told to anticipate our check soon. Who knows at this point.

Same Sam's Club situation. However, I did get the email from Disney, and I requested the cancellation using the link that Disney provided in that email. I had incorrectly assumed they would ask about how I originally paid before concluding the online session/form, so they would know how to process the refund. However, they did not. So I am very concerned that I will never see my refund. If anyone has gone through this scenario and did get their refund, please let us know how it turned out. If I do get my refund, I will post to share details.
Following up on my post #3148, which I made way back on July 28...
I received my check today, Monday, Nov 16. I was one of those folks who bought my pass through Sam's Club, and so Disney did not have my payment information from me. I had followed another poster's suggestion for computing my refund amount, and it came pretty darned close. The method explained to take my actual purchase price, divide by 366 (since it was a leap year), then multiply that by the number of days after July 11, 2020 that the pass would have been extended to (before the extra 30-day add-on). I did that, and came out pretty close ($6.07 lower than what that formula gave, so off only by about 2-days).
Honestly, I am just glad that it arrived. I was dreading the follow up phone calls to track it down, so feeling quite happy that I now have the check in hand. Hoping the rest of you still waiting to see your refunds arriving get to see them real soon!

(Check is dated 11/6/20, and postmarked 11/9/20.)

I received my check today. I received $1189.46.

I am chatting with them now to confirm this is just for one pass. I paid for a friends at the same time, so just want to be sure. Pass was first used in Feb. 2020

Has ANYONE received the refund amount for more than one pass in a single check? This is driving me nuts! Mine was a Sam's Club purchase and I can't figure this out. ha

Last edited:
I think my checks are what I thought they would be, my sons is actually about $20 more than I thought. Too bad he gets that money LOL.

My pass activates the first day I use it. So for us, January! Thank you so much & good luck! Let us know how it goes!
Thanks again for sharing your experience with us. I followed your lead and called on Wed. 11/12 and asked about getting a new pass since I had cancelled mine. They said to allow 7 to 8 days to hear back. They called today while I was at work and the voicemail said that I could apply for a new one. I called back and was on hold for a while then got transferred to someone else but it was totally worth it. I have a new pass and I am thrilled. I really love the advice people post on this site.

Thanks again for sharing your experience with us. I followed your lead and called on Wed. 11/12 and asked about getting a new pass since I had cancelled mine. They said to allow 7 to 8 days to hear back. They called today while I was at work and the voicemail said that I could apply for a new one. I called back and was on hold for a while then got transferred to someone else but it was totally worth it. I have a new pass and I am thrilled. I really love the advice people post on this site.
I think it's just renewals that take effect immediately. But I could be wrong. I was able to purchase new passes that activate upon first use. Good until 2030. Now I feel good knowing I'm locked in whenever we are ready to go back.
We do have multiple trips booked. I was told we could get passes for everyone on the reservation even my wife who didn't have a pass in the last year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!