2017 DISNEYLAND RESORT HALLOWEEN TIME / MICKEY'S HALLOWEEN PARTY THREAD!

Ugh. I foresee unneeded popcorn bucket purchasing in my future. Hopefully they're sold out by the time I'm there, haha! Plus already had a friend grab me the AP bucket so I can get my refills.

Really want those poison apple glow cubes and steins too.

I am so excited and can hardly wait! I'm worse than my kids. We finally figured out our "costumes". We didn't want to go full on costume as we are coming from NorCal and the hassle of packing and wearing in park just seemed too much/uncomfortable. Instead, we are loosely themed as the Avengers with each of us having a different t-shirt/hoodie and some matching clothes as a nod to costume (Captain America, Hulk, Black Widow, Iron Man). Lame compared to some I have seen online, but we'll be comfy and at least somewhat themed.

Also, I found cute bags at our local Walgreen's which I thought would be good for treat bags. I'm not sure how to post images here or I would show them. They are disney themed, large and inexpensive.

Can anyone tell me what rides are part of he haunts tour this year?

Thanks!

Well I see this earlier...

"Spoke to a team leader this morning on the phone for tour bookings, she confirmed the Happiest Haunts Tour format remains the same as last year unfortunately. It'll be in DL only, going over history and some of the Halloween themes, ending at HM where you get a fast pass. No ride walk ons. Of course you get the sweet treat and pin as well.

We're going to skip it and keep our BB F! reservation for that night instead."

if this is true that is disappointing and will have to skip...

I did Walk in Walts in Monday, the tour trainer I was chatting to while checking in said that next year is the 60th anniversary of the tours and they will all be updated and will include video as well.

I did Walk in Walts in Monday, the tour trainer I was chatting to while checking in said that next year is the 60th anniversary of the tours and they will all be updated and will include video as well.

Hi Mummabear - hope you guys are having a great trip!

:offtopic: for this thread I know but... how was your WIWF Tour - we are due over there next week and are doing the tour whilst there. We are doing the 12.30pm tour.

Hi Mummabear - hope you guys are having a great trip!

:offtopic: for this thread I know but... how was your WIWF Tour - we are due over there next week and are doing the tour whilst there. We are doing the 12.30pm tour.

Hi! We are having a great time, sad we only have 4 days left :(
WIWF was great, really glad I did it (I had put it off as didn't want to miss time with the girls and miss them doing something super cute-I missed them playing Bear Bear Mordue with Merida) but the apartment sealed the deal.
I had been worried I would be bored for the 1st part really only wanting the tour of the apartment but the time went by quickly, lots of bits I knew from the biography I have read but lots that I didn't as well.
I did the 9:30 tour so we were the 1st people through the castle and got photos in front with an empty bridge.
The rides we did were Alice, Small World and Mr Lincoln-honestly I would have preferred others and would have liked a FP to use after as well.
I love the pin so much.

So character wise I am waiting for KtPs report from Wednesdays party for info but during the day in town square Cruella,Queen of hearts and Jafar are rotating plus Goofy, Donald, Mickey and Minnie in costumes in both parks.

In fact this trip I have seen way more roaming characters around then ever before

I was really hoping Oggie would be meeting at DCA but nothing yet, fingers crossed for the party!

Hi! We are having a great time, sad we only have 4 days left :(
WIWF was great, really glad I did it (I had put it off as didn't want to miss time with the girls and miss them doing something super cute-I missed them playing Bear Bear Mordue with Merida) but the apartment sealed the deal.
I had been worried I would be bored for the 1st part really only wanting the tour of the apartment but the time went by quickly, lots of bits I knew from the biography I have read but lots that I didn't as well.
I did the 9:30 tour so we were the 1st people through the castle and got photos in front with an empty bridge.
The rides we did were Alice, Small World and Mr Lincoln-honestly I would have preferred others and would have liked a FP to use after as well.
I love the pin so much.

Thanks so much - yes when I read about the apt being back on the tour I couldn't book it quick enough. My 11yr old son & I - I think he'll do ok with it - he did Graceland & Alcatraz tours with the listening devices when he was much younger and did fine and he likes D/L and the history.
I think Monday was a 10am opening - our day is an 8am so I don't think the tour time will make much difference for us. Rides sound like I was expecting.

Thanks for the character tips and have a brilliant time at the party and enjoy the rest of your stay! :flower1:

I am excited for the Hitchhiking Ghost mugs from Trader Sams and the oogie boogie popcorn bucket. Does anyone know if the mug has a special drink with it to or is it just a mug?

My sister was in the parks yesterday and I had her grab me two poison apple steins. Even though I'm going on 9/29, I was worried they would sell out like last year!

Slightly random question. My boyfriend and I are going as Snow White and her Prince this year but we are having a terrible time finding a costume for him! Does anyone know where we could find one? He is procrastinating and I have a feeling it's going to be a mad dash to get one in time for our party if I don't find one for him myself soon.

Slightly random question. My boyfriend and I are going as Snow White and her Prince this year but we are having a terrible time finding a costume for him! Does anyone know where we could find one? He is procrastinating and I have a feeling it's going to be a mad dash to get one in time for our party if I don't find one for him myself soon.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/252130911737?chn=ps&var=550970896312&dispItem=1 It's a little pricey though.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Storyboo...8736&wl11=online&wl12=169902706&wl13=&veh=sem Might be able to doctor this one up?

Have you tried Amazon?

Spirit halloween dot com should have something. You'll have better luck ordering it online rather than going to stores trying to find one. Make sure there is a good return policy in case it arrives torn or doesn't fit properly.

Halloweencostumes.come has some costumes. I bought a my costume there this year- it's well made! https://www.halloweencostumes.com/prince-costumes.html?q=prince

How early can you stake out a spot and sit down for the parade? Fireworks? My kids will probably be exhausted so I'm hoping they can rest/nap and be able to stay up late enough to see them.

My son really wants to be Harry Potter. Would it be way too hot for the robe?

View attachment 270894

I think it's this

If I remember correctly they are 9 and that includes the drink and you can't buy them separately. I could be wrong, but I think that is what I saw in IG.

Oh, so like the MSEP turtles they sold. I was able to buy those separately (and there was no limit which I found odd), but I can see Disney forcing you to get a drink with them.

Very cute.

Few options:

If you have any sewing skills, there should be a pattern available (McCall's, simplicity, butterick, etc).

Or could check Etsy or eBay for ones already made. Be careful of measurements, of course.

There's also finding pieces to pull together that work for the costume at various stores. White shirt (think puffy, pirate style shirt), red cape, grey/blue pants (they look like leggings, but could possibly just get away with tight jeans), brown boots (again, think pirate with the fold over... Could just fake it with a spat of some sort), and a blue tabard with a belt to finish it off.

The tabard wouldn't be too difficult to make either. A lot of the other pieces could be sourced.

We are 7 days away from our Party. I am getting so excited!! This will be our first party. I will be stalking this board tomorrow to get all the details hahaha. Dh and I have decided on our costumes. Dh is going as Jack Skellington disneybound. We bought a shirt from Amazon that is like Jacks suit. I am having a hard time finding pin stripe shortsso we may just go with black shorts, and he has some Jack Mickey ears he will be wearing. I have a Cinderella dress from torrid I will be wearing, as well as some white gloves and hopefully a black headband.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter