2014 Beach & Yacht Club FAQ, Friends & Fun *DO NOT POST HERE- FIND NEW THREAD*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks, I'll go ahead and cancel my ADR for Beaches and Cream. We will be catching the ME, so won't make it by 9.50pm.

Thanks for the TR link, I'll have a look when I get home from work this afternoon.

Hi Beach Clubber's - we are staying here 7/25-8/1. We've stayed here before, but it has been years ago. We have been spoiled by the price and space of Bonnet Creek. This trip it is between BC and a 1 BD OKW, but since you can walk to Epcot and MGM, I booked BC - and for the pool. We got a GV room as standard was not available.

We are a family of 5 - me, Charming and DD's 11 and 9 and DS 2. We are Fl resident's and have AP's (most of the time) so we tend to go quite a bit. We were going the middle of August - a cheaper time - but my DD has a mandatory camp that week and we had to change. We were staying at AOA Cars suites for our son, but in July it is $323 a night!! Crazy!

Since it has been so long since we've stayed at BC I am going to read back through this thread for some pointers, I am disappointed though in the pictures I have seen of the balconies - that is one draw for me as a deluxe (as is valet parking!!) the balconies look NARROW! We love to sit and play cards, I know if we were at OKW, we'd have a huge balcony....:(

Looking forward to picking up some tips here! Happy travels to all. Also, was thinking of adding the dining plan but we have the TIW card, but we'll see.

Hey Hubb Dave what time are you serving those sunken treasures, I'll be over soon. We need to get that drink on the menu at the pizza palace.

Hi, we have a trip planned for with our 3 children 14, 11 & 9. We are staying at the YC from Aug 24 to Sept 1. How do we make certain requests? Do I have to call and add them on my reservations or wait until I get there to check in? We will not be doing advance check in.

Thanks!
Michelle

Hi, we have a trip planned for with our 3 children 14, 11 & 9. We are staying at the YC from Aug 24 to Sept 1. How do we make certain requests? Do I have to call and add them on my reservations or wait until I get there to check in? We will not be doing advance check in.

Thanks!
Michelle

It's best to call and have any room requests added to your reservation before you arrive. Rooms are assigned 2-3 days prior to your arrival, so it's best to get them in before then.

Do any of you who stay at BCR do the DDP? If so what do you think of it overall and at that resort? I thought it might be nice having Epcot so close with all of the great food options there.

Right now we are booked club level. We were going to our purchase some meals OOP and have breakfast and snacks in the lounge. But it will cost about the same to do free dining for us. So trying to decide between DDP or CL. Thanks!

We do the DDP. We tried last trip without it, opting instead to get YES tickets, and I hated it. (Not the classes, the absence of DDP.)

There's a pretty vocal group who will tell you that DDP is a waste. All I can tell you is that, for my family, it's a good way to go.

But I'm not sure it's a good combination with Club Level-- you mind find yourself either too full to enjoy the snacks or not using all your credits.

Do any of you who stay at BCR do the DDP? If so what do you think of it overall and at that resort? I thought it might be nice having Epcot so close with all of the great food options there.

Right now we are booked club level. We were going to our purchase some meals OOP and have breakfast and snacks in the lounge. But it will cost about the same to do free dining for us. So trying to decide between DDP or CL. Thanks!

We have only used the dining plan once, and didn't care for it. We don't eat dessert for lunch and dinner. It doesn't include an appetizer. We end up eating food we would never usually eat, just because it was included in the plan. But if I had teenagers or planned to do a lot of character meals, then I might get it.

The only problem with using the DDP at the BC is that there isn't a real counter service restaurant there, just a very limited selection of food. But we love the location of the Beach Club because of all the restaurants that are in walking distance, including the choices at Epcot. We

There is usually a room discount released at the same time as free dining. The room discount can save some families more money than free dining would when staying at a deluxe resort. You have to crunch the numbers to see what works for your family.

If my choice was club level or DDP, I would take club level. :)

We are going on our honeymoon to WDW in august for Disney's Yacht Club Resort-Garden View.

How are these rooms? Are there full balconies and normaly what way are they located?

How are the YC with upgrades when it is a honeymoon?

We are going on our honeymoon to WDW in august for Disney's Yacht Club Resort-Garden View.

MANY people honeymoon in Disney.
MANY people are celebrating something.
Make sure you get your honeymoon pin.

I am only 8 days away from my arrival and getting very excited. I have a quick question about the washing machines. Are they available to use 24 hours a day? I'm going to try ( which somehow I don't think will happen) to get some clothes washed up before our cruise. Thank you!

We stayed club level and used it the last time we were there and are using it again this time. We liked it. There's not much in the way of quick service at the resort, but we used our quick service up at the Parks and Downtown Disney. I love staying Club level, but couldn't make it to the offering times on most nights. We did have a light breakfast each morning which is wonderful if you're in a hurry to get to the parks. :)

I am currently pool side with a Sunken Treasure in my hand. It's every bit ad good as everyone said!

Hi

Are all of the CL rooms on the same floor as the lounge at the BC

Does anyone know how many CL rooms there are at BC

page 222-224

So ummmmmm we decided to dump our split stay and just stay at YC the whole time......new dates are May 27 - June 1.......

Wow...a lot of folks are staying in August.....to those of you staying for the first time......Y & BC is my favorite deluxe hotel on Disney property and I hope you all have magical vacations

:cloud9:

Sounds like a plan! I'll update your info on the Be Our Guest list.

:goodvibes

Hi Beach Clubber's - we are staying here 7/25-8/1. We've stayed here before, but it has been years ago. We have been spoiled by the price and space of Bonnet Creek. This trip it is between BC and a 1 BD OKW, but since you can walk to Epcot and MGM, I booked BC - and for the pool. We got a GV room as standard was not available.

We are a family of 5 - me, Charming and DD's 11 and 9 and DS 2. We are Fl resident's and have AP's (most of the time) so we tend to go quite a bit. We were going the middle of August - a cheaper time - but my DD has a mandatory camp that week and we had to change. We were staying at AOA Cars suites for our son, but in July it is $323 a night!! Crazy!

Since it has been so long since we've stayed at BC I am going to read back through this thread for some pointers, I am disappointed though in the pictures I have seen of the balconies - that is one draw for me as a deluxe (as is valet parking!!) the balconies look NARROW! We love to sit and play cards, I know if we were at OKW, we'd have a huge balcony....:(

Looking forward to picking up some tips here! Happy travels to all. Also, was thinking of adding the dining plan but we have the TIW card, but we'll see.

:welcome:

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list.

:cool1:

The smaller balconies were really a poor design choice at the Beach Club! Make sure that "Full balcony please" is listed on your reservation as a request.

Hey Hubb Dave what time are you serving those sunken treasures, I'll be over soon. We need to get that drink on the menu at the pizza palace.

If we haven't seen you before here, :welcome: to the thread!

:)

Thanks!
Michelle

:welcome:

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list.

:woohoo:

As you were advised in another reply- you should add your requests to your reservation now.

My family has done the Deluxe Dining Plan (no CL), the regular dining plan, with CL (twice) and CL, no Dining Plan on our last trip in July.

We actually enjoyed the flexibility to order what we wanted not having the plan- some of the portions at restaurants are so large that my husband and I would split, or 3 of us would split 2 meals. We didn't always get dessert.

I had to promise my family that I would allow them to order whatever they wanted if we didn't get the dining plan. I priced out what we ended up getting, and we paid less than if we had purchased the dining plan.

My family would choose CL over DDP if we needed to make that choice.

How are these rooms? Are there full balconies and normaly what way are they located?

:welcome: and Congratulations!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list

:yay:

Almost all of the rooms at the YC have full balconies- I know there is one at club level that does not. The garden view rooms will have a view of something green- a courtyard or woods. Two of the GV options are overlooking the wedding gazebo, which is quite lovely and overlooking the back entrance courtyard, great people watching. Both of these views are oriented on the back (lakeside) part of the Yacht Club.

I am only 8 days away from my arrival and getting very excited. I have a quick question about the washing machines. Are they available to use 24 hours a day? I'm going to try ( which somehow I don't think will happen) to get some clothes washed up before our cruise. Thank you!

I believe the laundry rooms are open all day/all night, but I have never done laundry while at the resort.

FYI- it is BYOB!

;)

I am currently pool side with a Sunken Treasure in my hand. It's every bit ad good as everyone said!

:thumbsup2

Please tell me about the drink!! Sunken treasure?

If you check out Page 2 of this thread, the Community Post, you will find this info:

Sunken Treasure: The unofficial beverage of the Beach and Yacht Club FAQ forum:

DSCN2849-1.jpg
sunkentreasure.jpg

Contents: Malibu Rum, Midori, orange juice, pineapple juice and Sprite with a splash of BOLS Blue Curacao.

Thanks, pixarmom, Feckless, WDW4us2006 and Ninja Mom for the photos!

Please note that the Sunken Treasure is no longer on the menu at Hurricane Hanna's, however if you get a bartender who knows how to make the drink, you may still be in luck!

Thanks to medicgirl177, who experiemented at great personal risk to decipher the secret formula:

Sunken Treasure- recipe by medicgirl177
1 1/2 shots Midori
1 shot Malibu Coconut Rum
1 shot orange juice
1 shot pineapple juice
Sprite or 7-Up to fizzy taste
1 shot Blue Curaçao
Over ice
Dress with Pineapple slice, cherry, or umbrella

SunkenTreasureingredients.jpg
P1130980.jpg

SunkenTreasureNinjaMom.jpg
SunkenTreasure2.jpg

Hi

Are all of the CL rooms on the same floor as the lounge at the BC

Does anyone know how many CL rooms there are at BC

Yes, all of the regular CL rooms (that is not the Deluxe Rooms or Suites) are on the 5th floor, the same floor as the lounge.

I believe there are around 70 regular Club Level rooms at the Beach Club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter