2014 Beach & Yacht Club FAQ, Friends & Fun *DO NOT POST HERE- FIND NEW THREAD*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I emailed the IPO to ask when the BCR refurb would be taking place. My dates are 9/20-9/27. Here is the response below. Will this be in the Presidential Suite? Thoughts about that location? Trying to decide right now whether or not to stay in CL (not because of this). I also posted this on the CL thread. Thanks!

At this time the Beach Club Lounge will be under refurbishment while you are staying with us. The lounge during that time will be in an alternate location on the 5th floor. Please let us know if there is anything else we may assist you with.

Gloria

Concierge Itinerary Planner

Disney's Yacht and Beach Club Resort

Disney's BoardWalk Resort

Where Dreams Come True

I emailed the IPO to ask when the BCR refurb would be taking place. My dates are 9/20-9/27. Here is the response below. Will this be in the Presidential Suite? Thoughts about that location? Trying to decide right now whether or not to stay in CL (not because of this). I also posted this on the CL thread. Thanks!

At this time the Beach Club Lounge will be under refurbishment while you are staying with us. The lounge during that time will be in an alternate location on the 5th floor. Please let us know if there is anything else we may assist you with.

Gloria

Concierge Itinerary Planner

Disney's Yacht and Beach Club Resort

Disney's BoardWalk Resort

Where Dreams Come True

Thanks for sharing this!!!

Yes, we have been told that the lounge offerings will be moved into the Presidential Suite while the lounge undergoes renovation and enlargement

:goodvibes

Since Sunken Treasure is no longer on the menu, what other drinks are good at Hurricane Hannah's?

Let go of the control just a little bit to snag the elusive BOG dinner reservation and California Grill reservation.. Got both using the IPO at CR and AKL... YC will come into play for Food and Wine events :)

LOVE IPO!!

~N

Thanks- is it worth requesting one of those rooms? (Were they that good?)
Our first time staying at BCV....

We generally don't recommend that people request a specific room- the likelihood that that particular room is available on the day you are checking in, and for your entire trip is very slim. Especially for the villas which are always fully occupied.

The best thing to do is request in words what is important to you- location (upper floor, ground floor) (near elevator, far from elevator), etc. That way the room assigner knows what it is you want.

Hey Hubb Dave what time are you serving those sunken treasures, I'll be over soon. We need to get that drink on the menu at the pizza palace.
Lol. The Pizza Palace would be just like HH.
Maybe the rod n gun club?

Are all the CL rooms on the same floor as the lounge at BC?

I am currently pool side with a Sunken Treasure in my hand. It's every bit ad good as everyone said!
So jealous right now!::yes::(That's me green with envy) I hope there's a bartender who knows how to make one when we get there:drinking1 Sounds like you're having a wonderful time!:beach:

We arrive Thursday!!! Can not wait the next two days cannot go quick enough. Quick question, what time is Storm-a-long bay open till at night?

My understanding is that families with 5 members receive priority for a room with a daybed. That is, your family should get a room with a daybed before a smaller family who is requesting one for convenience. In the rare instance that when you check in, there are no rooms with a daybed available, you still have to be given a room that will sleep everyone on the reservation, so you would be provided with a rollaway.

So, I don't think you really need to make a request for a room with a daybed or rollaway.

I believe you would both be fine with "Full balcony, please" as a room request.

I'm still trying to figure out whether to advise families to do the advanced checkin or not.

Thanks for the info!
I've never done "Advance Check In" What are the advantages/disadvantages?

Thanks- is it worth requesting one of those rooms? (Were they that good?) Our first time staying at BCV....

We have never requested a particular room. Our requests are always higher floor near main elevator. We've always gotten a good villa!

All set for July 7th BC GV room! 63 days to go!

Booked HDD Review for the first time and also secured Harambe Nights for the 12th, really looking forward to that.

All that is left is booking these dern FastPasses in a few days. This is messing with my comfortable scheduling pattern I have had for the last 10 years.

Bring on the poolside drinks and relaxation!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter