2014 Beach & Yacht Club FAQ, Friends & Fun *DO NOT POST HERE- FIND NEW THREAD*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the answer is some, but not many. I think these rooms are assigned as a priority to groups who have only 2 adults and are outnumbered by kids.

Anyone know for sure or have anything to add to this?

ETA: One of the favorite tips I have read: if you have a room with a connecting door, roll a towel and place it on the floor where the door is to help lessen noise from neighboring guests.

We had rooms 5642 and 5662 and they were connecting per our request. We were a party of 6 adults and 2 kids. One room had 2 queen beds and a daybed. The other room had 1queen bed, a day bed and a sleeper chair.

I only recently learned that there is a tennis court on the resort property- I believe it is at the Yacht Club near the quiet pool, but I'm not positive.

Does anyone have information or pictures?

What are the hours?

How do you reserve a court, or is it first come/first serve? (pun not intended)

Can you borrow/rent balls and rackets or do you need to bring your own equipment?

Thanks!

This information is from the WDW web site "A lit tennis court is located near Admiral Pool. Complimentary tennis balls and racquets are available from Ship Shape Health Club with your Key to the World card.". I found this map on the DISbaords, the tennis court is in the lower left:

yachtbeach.jpg

This information is from the WDW web site "A lit tennis court is located near Admiral Pool. Complimentary tennis balls and racquets are available from Ship Shape Health Club with your Key to the World card.". I found this map on the DISbaords, the tennis court is in the lower left:

Thanks!

I never think to go to the actual WDW website for info!

:rolleyes1

Would still love an actual picture of the court to add to the Amenities post.

Someone posted one from their room view at the Yacht Club. I can't remember who but I'm sure it is somewhere in my files...

I am currently on hold with Disney Sports and Recreation... It's a Small World After All will now be in my head aLLLLLL day!! 30 min wait time to book the Carriage Tour at the campgrounds?!? I really hope we like this after waiting all this time!!

Ok back to hold!

~N

Thank you everyone for your relpies about connecting rooms. When I called Disney the CM told me they don't have any.
We are a family of 6. Two of my children are over 18, so I know it's not a gaurantee we will get connecting rooms. I am just trying to put in the request for one. I guess I will call Disney again and try to get it added to my reservation.

Posting this from another thread...

I think the answer is probably in the Activities post on page 1, but no time to check right now.

Just wondering if they have marshmellows available at the Beach Club campfire, or if we need to pick up some during our grocery stop. Thanks!

I'm going to post this on the Beach & Yacht Club FAQ thread. At one point they had smores kits you could purchase. I thought that marshmallows and sticks are now provided for free, but I'm not positive.

ETA- done my weekend workout- this is what I have in the Activities post

A Campfire and Marshmallow Roast is held nightly on the beach in front of SAB. According to recent reports, marshmallows (a bag of 4) and sticks are provided but if you want to make 'smores you need to bring your own chocolate and graham crackers. I believe these items are available for purchase at the BC Marketplace.

campfire1kldmom2000.jpg

I am currently on hold with Disney Sports and Recreation... It's a Small World After All will now be in my head aLLLLLL day!! 30 min wait time to book the Carriage Tour at the campgrounds?!? I really hope we like this after waiting all this time!!

Ok back to hold!

~N

What is the Carriage Tour?

I believe I have updated the Be Our Guest list with all of the new info from the past few days. Please take a moment to review your listing to make sure I have your dates listed correctly- let me know if I need to make any changes.

Post 15: Be Our Guest list

So ummmmmm we decided to dump our split stay and just stay at YC the whole time......new dates are May 27 - June 1.......

Wow...a lot of folks are staying in August.....to those of you staying for the first time......Y & BC is my favorite deluxe hotel on Disney property and I hope you all have magical vacations

:cloud9:

What is the Carriage Tour?

It's a 30 min horse drawn carriage ride either through the campgrounds or Port Orleans Resort. The cost is $45 for the carriage not per person. Pretty sure that's for 2 adults and 2 children, but I could be wrong on the number of people allowed in the carriage.

I waited on hold for 45 mins and finally someone answered waited all that time and the tour I wanted isn't in the system yet.... She said that could mean that they are bringing back the Haunted Carriage Tour at the campgrounds since the tour was available for Port Orleans. Fingers crossed that's what's happening! I will call daily now :thumbsup2 I thought the Carriage Tour would be a fun thing to do on Halloween night before dinner at Trails End!

~N

It's a 30 min horse drawn carriage ride either through the campgrounds or Port Orleans Resort. The cost is $45 for the carriage not per person. Pretty sure that's for 2 adults and 2 children, but I could be wrong on the number of people allowed in the carriage.

I waited on hold for 45 mins and finally someone answered waited all that time and the tour I wanted isn't in the system yet.... She said that could mean that they are bringing back the Haunted Carriage Tour at the campgrounds since the tour was available for Port Orleans. Fingers crossed that's what's happening! I will call daily now :thumbsup2 I thought the Carriage Tour would be a fun thing to do on Halloween night before dinner at Trails End!

~N

Do they do the haunted one the during the same time frame as MNSSHP?
We are coming early September 2015. The haunted one sound cool

Wondering if I should do advanced checking or not.
We are a family of 5 (mom, dad and 3 sons age 18, 14 & 14) .
I would really like a full balcony, it gives us a bit more space to spread out, or a place for the boys to be while I finish getting ready in the mornings.
With having 5, we also need a day bed, but my oldest son has slept on roll away at other resorts.

I was thinking of requesting full balcony and a daybed or roll away bed.

We have a garden view room booked, does that make a difference. This is our first stay at the Beach Club - but we have stayed at the Poly, Wilderness and Contemporary resorts in the past. Our last trip was in 2007, this time we are celebrating our 25th Anniversary and oldest DS graduation.

I would really like a full balcony, it gives us a bit more space to spread out, or a place for the boys to be while I finish getting ready in the mornings.
With having 5, we also need a day bed, but my oldest son has slept on roll away at other resorts.

We have a garden view room booked, does that make a difference. This is our first stay at the Beach Club - but we have stayed at the Poly, Wilderness and Contemporary resorts in the past. Our last trip was in 2007, this time we are celebrating our 25th Anniversary and oldest DS graduation.

Happy 25th Anniversary

Same question. We are also a family of 5. Booked in a Garden Room. Will need the daybed for DD14 and would really like a full balcony as well. I assumed that since we booked 1 room for 5 guests that we would automatically be assigned a room that sleeps the 5th person..... OR do I have to make that one of my "room requests"?

Same question. We are also a family of 5. Booked in a Garden Room. Will need the daybed for DD14 and would really like a full balcony as well. I assumed that since we booked 1 room for 5 guests that we would automatically be assigned a room that sleeps the 5th person..... OR do I have to make that one of my "room requests"?

My understanding is that families with 5 members receive priority for a room with a daybed. That is, your family should get a room with a daybed before a smaller family who is requesting one for convenience. In the rare instance that when you check in, there are no rooms with a daybed available, you still have to be given a room that will sleep everyone on the reservation, so you would be provided with a rollaway.

So, I don't think you really need to make a request for a room with a daybed or rollaway.

I believe you would both be fine with "Full balcony, please" as a room request.

:goodvibes

I'm still trying to figure out whether to advise families to do the advanced checkin or not.

I went ahead and completed on-line check in. I requested a full balcony. The other request I could pick from were floor or location - I did not have a preference so I only checked full balcony. I am also going to pass it on to my Dream agent.

:welcome: Liz and thanks for your kind comments!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list.

:cool1:

Sounds like some really nice plans. My family loves T-Rex. Caution: Ginormous portions!

Probably risky to keep the Beaches & Cream ADR- You probably can make it to the resort in a couple of hours, especially if you are driving yourself instead of taking the ME. But if there are any delays along the way, you will be late.

How late can you call the Disney dining reservation line? You could always try from the airport after you land to see if you can get a reservation at Beaches & Cream for that night if that still sounds good to you. We have done that while in one of the theme parks- booked a reservation for that day instead of risking a walk-in.

Are you following the trip report by PrincessinOz? She is also from Australia and is documenting her very long trip which included some time out west/Disneyland as well as WDW and a stay at Beach Club Villas.

She has some fantastic pictures.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3185788

We are in a similar situation the five or us me DH DS12 DD9 DD8 fly in from the UK on July 20th for a 14 night stay but as our flight doesn't land until 3:45pm I thought I wouldn't make an ADR for beaches even though the kids have been pestering for a kitchen sink (this is our first time at BC) so we are going to have to chance a walk up as the earliest res we can get any time during our stay is 9pm. We have other ADR during our stay, but they are desperate for the kitchen sink ...... Only time will tell

Do they do the haunted one the during the same time frame as MNSSHP?
We are coming early September 2015. The haunted one sound cool

Not really sure. I called about a week ago and I wasn't at 180 yet so I couldn't do anything, but the CM I spoke to that day told me they haven't done the haunted tour in a few years, but she couldn't see anything in the system yet because it was more than 180 out. Today when I called (180 days) the CM I spoke to said that's strange it isn't in the system yet, but the PO's tour is there. She then said that could mean 2 things... either its not in the system yet which is strange since the other one is there or they are considering the haunted tour again. As soon as I hear anything I'll post it here!

The CM told me to give it a week, but don't wait to long, but I'm relentless so I'll be calling daily... don't wanna miss my chance if it is available. The CM did tell me that the tours run beginning at 4pm every half hour until 10pm, but nothing about a date the haunted tours would begin if they are even offered.

I'll keep you posted :)

~N

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!